Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 13183 times)
Kidd7

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #285 on: January 25, 2013, 11:47 PM »

By having a doctor on standby  nervous I honestly believe andrew castles comment that Murray and Djoko should only be allowed to play 3 sets because at their rate they're gonna kill each other  w00t its fun to watch andy.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #286 on: January 25, 2013, 11:52 PM »

No! My first trips were '96, '97 and '98 - I got to see play on the old No 1 court and stand on the new no 1 while it was being built. Also experienced a 'midddle Sunday which included the famous Henman Haarhuis match. It's quite tricky to co ordinate with Scottish school term dates but was lucky enouh to get tickets for no 1 court for last year's second Monday - it may have rained but it was the only match our Muzza played on no 1 (v Cilic ) and saw best part of 2 sets. It was a fist trip for my mum and fulfilled a life time ambition. She loved it - and it was amazing to see how many changes had been made in 14 years ( I know I've seen them on tv but still...) Really hoping to get down again this year as schools break up end of first week for 2nd year running (2015 date change really helpful for Scottish teachers!) depends on getting tickets through my club ballot. Crossing everything!

My first time was this year. Absolutely unforgettable experience. The moment I stepped onto Centre Court and looked down it felt like heaven had engulfed me. Unfortunately I witnessed Watson's beatdown by Radwanska Frown I too enter by a ballot and am hoping to return this year with the luck of seeing Andy.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #287 on: January 26, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Centre court is awesome - truly a theatre of sport. The whole experience is awesome. I have been with tickets but also in the days of the queue - what a cameraderie. Second Monday was one of the wettest days of last years chanmpionships yet at no point anywhere were people  (crowd or staff) anything less than cheerful and glad to be there. If anyone ever gets a sniff of a chance at going snap it up with both hands! My mum is desperate to go again - if I get tickets from my tennis club there will be a lot of folk being very nice to me!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #288 on: January 26, 2013, 08:25 AM »

By having a doctor on standby  nervous 

Love it kidd7!
I actually was at wimbledon 3 times last year.  I too was there for the wet monday when Andy played Cilic.  Then  was given a ticket for the women's SFs, which was very exciting., And had a ticket for the bronze medal play off but I skipped most of it to watch Andy from MurraysMount, which was amazingly exciting as you can imagine. 
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #289 on: July 07, 2013, 09:24 AM »

I don't know how I'm going to get through today.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #290 on: July 07, 2013, 09:26 AM »

I agree I do not know how I am going to get through today.  I try very hard to be positive.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #291 on: July 07, 2013, 09:27 AM »

I'm absolutely certain he CAN do it.  But I would really appreciate a tardis right now.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #292 on: July 07, 2013, 10:06 AM »

I'm absolutely certain he CAN do it.  But I would really appreciate a tardis right now.
HA!  I know exactly how you feel.  I don't want to wish my life away, especially a day as glorious as this, but I really do feel like I'm treading water, waiting for joy or disappointment.   Today is a day when I really would appreciate a spoiler.

Generally, when a match is on, and I'm stressed, I need to do something with the nervous energy.  Often, I dash off to do odd bits of housework, although I'm sure none of it is done properly.  I'm actually seriously considering saving up my housework for this afternoon, which is ridiculous.  I'm not convinced I'm cut out to be a tennis fan.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #293 on: July 07, 2013, 11:26 AM »

I've been taking kalms for last 3 days and am now on the rescue remedy.  OMG and it's still hours to go.  Been awake since 4am - this is getting ridiculous.   
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #294 on: July 07, 2013, 11:34 AM »

My dilemma is that I love all of the build up to these big events, but I know it is really bad for me, because I get too hyped by it all and start to believe that it really is a life and death situation, so it means I'm too stressed to enjoy the actual event if it's even remotely close.  In retrospect, Andy thumped Roger at the Olympics, but I was still a bag of nerves until the very end.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #295 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41 AM »

HA!  I know exactly how you feel.  I don't want to wish my life away, especially a day as glorious as this, but I really do feel like I'm treading water, waiting for joy or disappointment.   Today is a day when I really would appreciate a spoiler.

Generally, when a match is on, and I'm stressed, I need to do something with the nervous energy.  Often, I dash off to do odd bits of housework, although I'm sure none of it is done properly.  I'm actually seriously considering saving up my housework for this afternoon, which is ridiculous.  I'm not convinced I'm cut out to be a tennis fan.
  Exactly.  I've been invited to go and watch it in a pub, but that would mean I can't run away and mow a strip of lawn when things get tense...
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #296 on: July 07, 2013, 11:44 AM »

My dilemma is that I love all of the build up to these big events, but I know it is really bad for me, because I get too hyped by it all and start to believe that it really is a life and death situation, so it means I'm too stressed to enjoy the actual event if it's even remotely close.  In retrospect, Andy thumped Roger at the Olympics, but I was still a bag of nerves until the very end.

My feelings EXACTLY!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #297 on: July 07, 2013, 11:59 AM »

I've been taking kalms for last 3 days and am now on the rescue remedy.  OMG and it's still hours to go.  Been awake since 4am - this is getting ridiculous.   

Haha Ruthie at least I slept till 8 Wink
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #298 on: July 07, 2013, 12:05 PM »

I know what you mean Sparkle.  I'm off for a short walk now to try to calm down.  
All right for some Angie - wow 8 constitutes a massive lie in for me but then I do tend to go to bed quite early
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #299 on: July 07, 2013, 12:07 PM »

Breathe Ruthie, Breathe! Wink.

I'm excited, can't wait for it to start! Andy has been tested and come through. He's had some tough times and prevailed, but he's also played a lot of fabulous tennis this fortnight. It's easy to forget that with all the drama of the upsets and a couple of dodgy sets against Verdasco.

Andy is ready for this. No doubt in my mind. The sun is out, I can't speak for SW19, but there is a bit of breeze where I am. We're set for a wonderful match with the two best players in the world, and one of them won the Olympic gold on the very court they will compete on, beating today's opponent on the way.

Go on my son!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »