Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 11023 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #300 on: July 07, 2013, 06:58 PM »

I usually just sit and shout at the screen.  This afternoon I had to keep going on little walk-abouts to keep my nerves under control, but please, please Andy - no more final games like that last one!  3 MPs came and went, yet you kept your nerve while I was contemplating what life might be like in the local CCU!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #301 on: July 07, 2013, 07:23 PM »

and breathe I did tj.   But like Aileen don't think I can cope with many more games like that last one.  Found it quite helpful having the five live commentary on the red button as Jonathan Overend gave up any pretence at neutrality and was so excited.  At one point he said something like that will wipe the smile off your face about nole during that last game.  He was such fun to listen to.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #302 on: July 07, 2013, 07:28 PM »

I think I must have walked alot too.Kept laying the remote down and then forgot where is was.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #303 on: July 07, 2013, 07:28 PM »

At the end I was jumping up and down like Bartoli  Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #304 on: July 07, 2013, 07:39 PM »

and breathe I did tj.   But like Aileen don't think I can cope with many more games like that last one.  Found it quite helpful having the five live commentary on the red button as Jonathan Overend gave up any pretence at neutrality and was so excited.  At one point he said something like that will wipe the smile off your face about nole during that last game.  He was such fun to listen to.
Such a shame he's leaving the BBC.  I remember listening to a recording of him during the final points of the USO over and over again!  Priceless.  I hope we get to hear this one too.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #305 on: July 07, 2013, 07:47 PM »

I sat with a cushion on my knee and when Andy got into trouble put it over my face to ease the tension.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #306 on: July 07, 2013, 08:08 PM »

hope you kept breathing lb lol  Whistle
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #307 on: July 07, 2013, 08:10 PM »

I did but do not know if Ill sleep tonight so excited.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #308 on: July 07, 2013, 08:11 PM »

I'm the same lb and given I hardly slept last night what with the anticipation and the heat am going to be a wreck, but who cares. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #309 on: July 07, 2013, 08:11 PM »

I vowed not to go on MW during the match, but in the end it got too much and I just had to do it for moral support - although I'm not sure just how many comments were actually supportive. Rolling Eyes

I sat with a cushion on my knee and when Andy got into trouble put it over my face to ease the tension.
I usually have my Muzza bear on my lap because I normally have to watch online, and he's been squeezed to bits umpteen times, but at least he was able to watch this in comfort from his usual position on the sofa. Whistle
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #310 on: July 07, 2013, 08:12 PM »

We had the neighbours in and had a small party. It was wonderful and I was thoroughly ticked off for thinking this would'nt be Andys year !
  I too am sorry to hear that Jonathan Overend is leaving the BBC He is my favourite commentator and I've learnt a lot from him
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #311 on: July 07, 2013, 08:12 PM »

thank goodness I have various friends texting me during the match - helps relieve the tension and make me feel I'm not alone.  Have given up coming on MW during matches I'm afraid
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #312 on: July 07, 2013, 08:29 PM »

I am now banned from not 1 but 2 local pubs :-)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #313 on: July 07, 2013, 08:30 PM »

I am now banned from not 1 but 2 local pubs :-)

Well, they say 3 is a lucky number.  Next...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #314 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31 PM »

a friend texted that she was watching in a pub in London and landlord sprayed champagne over them all
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »