Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 11874 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #315 on: July 07, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Best day ever.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #316 on: July 07, 2013, 09:06 PM »

and breathe I did tj.   But like Aileen don't think I can cope with many more games like that last one.  Found it quite helpful having the five live commentary on the red button as Jonathan Overend gave up any pretence at neutrality and was so excited.  At one point he said something like that will wipe the smile off your face about nole during that last game.  He was such fun to listen to.
Oh I wish I'd done that. I really like JO and I'm sorry to see him go. Mind you, talk about going out on a high ?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #317 on: July 07, 2013, 10:17 PM »

yes it's almost as if he and Andy had a pact  Whistle
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #318 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03 AM »

How I survived that last game I don't know. The girlfriend was trying to eat her breakfast but I advised her to put it down as I was sure I was going to send it all flying.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #319 on: July 08, 2013, 12:08 AM »

How I survived that last game I don't know. The girlfriend was trying to eat her breakfast but I advised her to put it down as I was sure I was going to send it all flying.

Why wasn't she watching it with you? lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #320 on: July 08, 2013, 12:10 AM »

Throughout his career I've coped by stressing, swearing venting at the TV, venting on here since I joined...

But from now on, whether Andy wins or loses, I am going to relax during his matches. He's done what I wanted him to do, Olympic Champion, US Open Champion, and Wimbledon Champion. I hope he can add the AO to his resume as it's the Slam he's had the most success at, without actually winning it.

But there's nothing for me to stress about any more, whatever he does now is a bonus. I will just sit back now, and enjoy his Tennis.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #321 on: July 08, 2013, 12:11 AM »

Throughout his career I've coped by stressing, swearing venting at the TV, venting on here since I joined...

But from now on, whether Andy wins or loses, I am going to relax during his matches. He's done what I wanted him to do, Olympic Champion, US Open Champion, and Wimbledon Champion. I hope he can add the AO to his resume as it's the Slam he's had the most success at, without actually winning it.

But there's nothing for me to stress about any more, whatever he does now is a bonus. I will just sit back now, and enjoy his Tennis.

The French Open and World Tour Finals I feel could come later on, as it did with Andre Agassi.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #322 on: July 08, 2013, 12:13 AM »

I videotaped our reactions to both the three missed championship points and the winning one.

Definitely nerve-wracking but keeping it for the memories.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #323 on: July 08, 2013, 12:14 AM »

I videotaped our reactions to both the three missed championship points and the winning one.

Definitely nerve-wracking but keeping it for the memories.

Upload it Ver.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #324 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18 AM »

Upload it Ver.

It's just a bunch of screaming...anger during the missed opportunities and happy screaming when he does it.

Nothing special really lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #325 on: July 08, 2013, 12:18 AM »

and breathe I did tj.   But like Aileen don't think I can cope with many more games like that last one.  Found it quite helpful having the five live commentary on the red button as Jonathan Overend gave up any pretence at neutrality and was so excited.  At one point he said something like that will wipe the smile off your face about nole during that last game.  He was such fun to listen to.

I'm glad you breathed Ruthie. I have to tell you that I'm a steaming great hypocrite though Smile. I burst into tears watching the ruddy build up (when will I learn that I can't do major final build ups!!!!!) and was then agitated, but also enthralled, for the whole match Smile.

I had to move away from the TV a few times today. A bit of nerves, but mostly for fluids! Gosh it was hot! Given the heat, how Andy covered the court was incredible.

I still think he was awesome today. The odd lapse, sure, but he never gave up the fight. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but to my mind Djokovic made so many UE's because Andy kept up the pressure.

Just can't get over it. Awesome day!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #326 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19 AM »

It's just a bunch of screaming...anger during the missed opportunities and happy screaming when he does it.

Nothing special really lol

Bet its a treasure trove with Clydey in it lol
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #327 on: July 08, 2013, 12:22 AM »

Why wasn't she watching it with you? lol

She was. She was sitting next to me on the couch which is why I was sure I was going to send it flying!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #328 on: July 08, 2013, 12:24 AM »

Funnily enough I think the effect of this will be similar for Andy. His desire won't die, he'll continue to fight for it, but I do think he'll play more relaxed tennis now. The monkey is off his back and it fell under a bus today.

Aside from Andy, the sight of Kim looking so overjoyed and disbelieving will live with me for a long time, as will the sight of Judy sobbing in Leon Smith's arms.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #329 on: July 08, 2013, 12:25 AM »

Bet its a treasure trove with Clydey in it lol

It's his birthday today, so shush.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »