Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope?

(Read 14741 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #330 on: July 08, 2013, 12:26 AM »

It's his birthday today, so shush.

Happy Birthday to him, no birthday sex then?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #331 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28 AM »

Happy Birthday to him, no birthday sex then?

Isn't it past your bed time?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #332 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28 AM »

Isn't it past your bed time?

Soon. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #333 on: July 08, 2013, 12:54 AM »

I'm glad you breathed Ruthie. I have to tell you that I'm a steaming great hypocrite though Smile. I burst into tears watching the ruddy build up (when will I learn that I can't do major final build ups!!!!!) and was then agitated, but also enthralled, for the whole match Smile.

I had to move away from the TV a few times today. A bit of nerves, but mostly for fluids! Gosh it was hot! Given the heat, how Andy covered the court was incredible.

I still think he was awesome today. The odd lapse, sure, but he never gave up the fight. I don't know what anyone else thinks, but to my mind Djokovic made so many UE's because Andy kept up the pressure.

Just can't get over it. Awesome day!
I think the temp on Centre was 40C plus although it got slightly 'cooler' by late afternoon.  I'd be dead in that, never mind playing tennis.  It was 25C in Edinburgh which is hot enough for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if the crowd got to Djoko a little bit as well, but it's interesting that Boris Becker said that during the Delpo match (of which I only saw the last two sets) he noticed a few cracks in Djoko's game and felt that, for the moment at least, he perhaps wasn't as mentally tough as he'd been before.  Delpo too, though, kept up the pressure until the 5th set when, rather sadly, he began running out of steam.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #334 on: July 08, 2013, 01:51 AM »

Watching the Delpo game was what gave me confidence - it was a great match, but I always felt Andy could beat whoever won it.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #335 on: July 08, 2013, 01:56 AM »

I'm glad you breathed Ruthie. I have to tell you that I'm a steaming great hypocrite though Smile. I burst into tears watching the ruddy build up

Me too -think it was cos a wee voice in my head was so sure he would win yet my sensible brain was telling me not to be confident cos he was playing Nole- the inner battle led to mega stress and heightened emotions. But wdn't change this day for anything!!!! Ace!!!!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #336 on: July 08, 2013, 01:54 PM »

I'm ashamed to say i bottled this match, i have an anxiety disorder that's kept at bay through medication, i know what you're probably thinking, following Andy not the best idea if you suffer anxiety Smile

I'm sort of glad i didn't watch it live as i expect i would have died of a full on heart attack in that last game, checking the score online though at 6pm was nerve wracking enough, thank god there are braver boys and girls in this forum cheering him on!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #337 on: July 08, 2013, 03:51 PM »

My mum asked my bro how I reacted and he just shook his head and said, "Over the top, as usual" Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #338 on: July 08, 2013, 04:36 PM »

I'm ashamed to say i bottled this match, i have an anxiety disorder that's kept at bay through medication, i know what you're probably thinking, following Andy not the best idea if you suffer anxiety Smile

I'm sort of glad i didn't watch it live as i expect i would have died of a full on heart attack in that last game, checking the score online though at 6pm was nerve wracking enough, thank god there are braver boys and girls in this forum cheering him on!

I can sympathise with that, and I'm not being in the least bit flippant.

Since my father died in 2002 I have this thing where stress becomes distress very quickly. I don't know what you'd call it really, but that is how it manifests.

Yesterday I almost boiled over a few times, despite my firm opinion that Andy would win. I cried during the build up to the match, and though I did watch, I had to move away at certain points during the match. It was all getting a bit intense!

I can't wait to watch the match again. Knowing the outcome will make it so much easier!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #339 on: July 08, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Says it all that so many of us were in tears just watching the build up - and we were only going to watch it. Don't want to begin trying to contemplate how Andy and his family etc were feeling.  And also had to  go stand in the garden a few times (with tv within hearing distance mind) to take some deep breaths. And a lot of pacing/knee hugging - swear I have bruises today from digging elbows into knees. Worth it in the end!!!!!!i'd like to think nothing would ever be so stressful again to watch - but never say never on the murraycoaster. Loving the amount of coverage on the news today.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #340 on: July 08, 2013, 08:16 PM »

I can relate to that since I too have anxiety issues.  Luckily, though, thanks to medication, I can survive Andy's matches, but this tournament has been particularly hard.  In fact yesterday I lay in bed until 1:30pm because I was frightened even to get up and watch because I was convinced Andy was going to lose in 4 or 5 sets and was going through the worst possible scenarios that might ensue.  I got through this very stressful final by doing a bit of walking around the flat (I knew from the crowd reactions what was going on) but that final game was a total nightmare that had me rooted to the spot.  I don't think I could have coped with much more. 
[ Last edit by Aileen July 08, 2013, 08:21 PM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #341 on: July 09, 2013, 03:43 PM »

I can relate to that since I too have anxiety issues.  Luckily, though, thanks to medication, I can survive Andy's matches, but this tournament has been particularly hard.  In fact yesterday I lay in bed until 1:30pm because I was frightened even to get up and watch because I was convinced Andy was going to lose in 4 or 5 sets and was going through the worst possible scenarios that might ensue.  I got through this very stressful final by doing a bit of walking around the flat (I knew from the crowd reactions what was going on) but that final game was a total nightmare that had me rooted to the spot.  I don't think I could have coped with much more. 

hug

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #342 on: July 09, 2013, 04:04 PM »

This morning my husband myself watched the game again as I was a bag of nerves yesterday. So this morning I appreciated the game even more as I knew the result and could sit and watch it without hiding behind a cushion. It made me all the happier for Andy and I appreciated his skill and energy in winning. He truly is a great champion and he deserved so much to win. A great victory for Andy Murray and his family and team.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #343 on: July 09, 2013, 04:21 PM »

This morning my husband myself watched the game again as I was a bag of nerves yesterday. So this morning I appreciated the game even more as I knew the result and could sit and watch it without hiding behind a cushion. It made me all the happier for Andy and I appreciated his skill and energy in winning. He truly is a great champion and he deserved so much to win. A great victory for Andy Murray and his family and team.

I don't see everything in the match when watching it live.    Even on the highlights on Sunday evening when they showed Andy sprinting across court for Novak's dropshot I realised that I had watched the ball in the live match and watched Andy's sprint in the highlights.   It was amazing and when I watch the full match again I know i will see lots more points like that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Watching Andy on TV: how do you cope? « Reply #344 on: July 09, 2013, 05:11 PM »

I don't see everything in the match when watching it live.    Even on the highlights on Sunday evening when they showed Andy sprinting across court for Novak's dropshot I realised that I had watched the ball in the live match and watched Andy's sprint in the highlights.   It was amazing and when I watch the full match again I know i will see lots more points like that.
I have great admiration for our match reporters.  I could never focus on a live match, especially an Andy one, enough to do one.  I'm looking forward to seeing this one again without feeling a nervous wreck.  I know I got so much more out of the USO final second time around.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »