Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What do you expect from Andy in 2012? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

What do you expect from Andy in 2012?

(Read 4561 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 02:12 PM »

A grand slam.

Although I've been expecting once since the start of 2009, why would this year be any different?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 02:31 PM »

A grand slam.

Although I've been expecting once since the start of 2009, why would this year be any different?
You and me both Andrew! Not saying much.......just living in hope and keeping the faith!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 05:19 PM »

Darren Cahill is in Miami working with Andy which has to be a positive thing - Andy's tennis improved so much in the Spring after working with him.

I've a feeling that Novak will struggle to repeat the high level of form he showed this year but I think Rafa will be back to his best. He's hated all these losses to Novak this year so I'm sure he's going to be very motivated at the start of the year to avoid a repeat.

It's right what you say Emma about us Andy fans having the highest stakes. At least the fans of Fed, Rafa and Novak have all seen their player win multiple slams. It can't mean so much to them now as it would for us to see Andy win his first. Will be an amazing feeling I'm sure and well worth the wait. Smile
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36 PM »

My expectations are I hope Andy keeps healthy and wins tournaments. If he happens to win a slam I will be over the moon. I hope he continues to improve his tennis and play for himself for that is the main reason for him to do so.  It would be great if he won Wimbledon (not for me) but for himself. Then all his detractors would shut up. Then he might be appreciated as GB number one and all those nasty people would shut up for a while anyway. Whistle
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36 PM »

He certainly could have snuck a Grand Slam by now like Del potro did. And it would have helped his cause but really I don't think he's been ready up until now.
He still might not be entirely.
Andy's progression has been continual, progressive and fraught with growing pains & bad luck but its been a stable progression & really when he finally wins one he'll have earned his place like few others have at the top & be ready to win them all!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #35 on: December 15, 2011, 05:49 PM »

Judy Murray has tweeted a photo of Andy and Darren Cahill during a coaching session on court. Good to see he's having some good practise sessions with Darren.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Judy Murray has tweeted a photo of Andy and Darren Cahill during a coaching session on court. Good to see he's having some good practise sessions with Darren.
Looks like they're practicing on clay. Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 08:04 PM »

I'm expecting Grand Slam.

Although his general tour performance hasn't improved much, his record at Slams have. So far it seems the universe really doesn't want him to win, I just hope it won't be the Mayans stopping him next year.
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2011, 08:08 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 08:30 PM »

There's always something standing in the way, isn't it? The stars refuse to align for him even just one time. It's a mystery I am trying to solve and I do have a vague answer, but for all that to come true, I'll have to wait a long time.

For now, I'll just be happy with 1 Slam. I know he talks about this fear of failure he has but I think his fear of winning is far greater than his fear of failing and that's what keeping him from getting there. He thinks too much when he gets there and it paralyzes him both mentally and physically. He shouldn't really allow himself to think about anything but the match itself and find a strategy to win it instead.  I know it's easier said than done but he does have the experience of playing the Slam finals three times now and against players like Federer and Nole. This is time you move on and get the monkey off your back. Enough already. I wish he would just shrug everything off and forget everything for a few hours.

I hope SmugFed pissed him really, really off with his recent digs at Andy. That ought to do him. Look at Nole - he just didn't want to be the boy next door anymore. He's now a man. Come on, Andy – be a man!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 08:43 PM »

To play to the level we know he can consistently. No sulks or tantrums and no post AO slump.
Beat smughead at every opportunity and take the number 3 spot back.

Oh and a slam would be nice!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #40 on: December 15, 2011, 09:16 PM »

"I've a feeling that Novak will struggle to repeat the high level of form he showed this year but I think Rafa will be back to his best. He's hated all these losses to Novak this year so I'm sure he's going to be very motivated at the start of the year to avoid a repeat..."

He's going to have to be a lot more than motivated to deal with a tennis player in Novak that profoundly owns him.
Why is it that it's only Djokovic that can be tired next year Nadal was right there with him doing the yards grinding away?
I think it's make or break for Rafa next year and I'll be intrigued to see what he can come up with to take on Novak, but if it's dependent on the joker being 'fatigued' well then he can forget it I think.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 09:20 PM »

"This is time you move on and get the monkey off your back. Enough already. I wish he would just shrug everything off and forget everything for a few hours..."

Yes, he needs to be 'in the moment' when the time comes, enjoy the experience & use the force!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 09:24 PM »

Like most other supporters, every year I think to myself that THIS is the year....but I honestly do see a more focussed and committed Andy these past several months, and I expect him to embrace his evolving maturity.  I do not expect a post AO slump should he not play well... I expect him to have learned how badly this affected the rest of his season (except Cincinnatti and Asian swing of course!)
Repetition breeds confidence and success....therefore the more slam finals the better.  In the legendary words of Robert the Bruce to the spider: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again."
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52 PM »

I wish Andy a successful year by his own standards;this would,I presume, include a slam and a medal at Wimledon.  Andy however has to erase the Federer worm out of his hard drive.  Working with Cahill is a good strategy however Andy needs a coach for the whole season not just the off-season period especially during the AO and Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 02:13 AM »

Looks like they're practicing on clay. Think
Is there such a surface as grey clay?  Whatever, I'm delighted that Cahill is with Andy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »