Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What do you expect from Andy in 2012? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

What do you expect from Andy in 2012?

(Read 4282 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 02:40 PM »

I agree absolutely LB - he seems to have been dogged by niggling injuries this year.  Good luck for 2012 Andy - we all hope it's a great one for you!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 10:51 PM »

I think he always has a great chance at the Australian. Funnily enough, I have a strange feeling about the French for some reason. All of the pressure is off him and his performances have gradually been getting better and better. I think Wimbledon is his least likely because of the hype.

Im not sure that I believe all this Andy and Djokovic will be 1 & 2 that is going around. Rafa is clearly very tired and as much as it pains me to say it, Federer had a baron year without really putting a foot wrong. Im sure ill be crapping myself just as much as usual when Andy meets either in the semis.

Like the idea of Andy winning the FO especially given the way he played in Monte Carlo and the epic against Djokovic in Rome (which he should have won) and even against Rafa in the FO Semi.  Couple of years ago we all expected R16 at best - now we'd be disappointed at less than the semis.  Talent and ability always rises to the top and 2012 will be Andy's year.  Rafa and Smug will do OK by carefully managing their schedule.  Djokovic surely can't do it again - can he?
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #62 on: December 17, 2011, 11:19 PM »

I think Fed will really have to choose his schedule well, Rafa will be a bit more optimistic after winning the DC.  Agree that Djoko will probable not be able to repeat what he did last year the mental strain was I think beginning to tell on him.  I would like Andy to sit quietly in the background whilst the talk is of the top three then quietly put hi self right up there.  He will do it in2012 he has been biding his time he just needs things to come together for him and that preferbial wee bit of luck that the others have all had at GS.  Cannot wait for the AO want to see our boy back in action. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 02:03 AM »

Murray should have beaten Nadal in Monte Carlo this year, but for the injury & the cortisone wearing off Im sure he would have.
It would also have been interesting to see how Murray would have fared against Nadal in the FO semi if he hadn't been carrying that nasty ankle injury.  As it was, Nadal won 6-4, 7-5, 6-4 in a match that lasted a little over three hours, and the playing conditions were extremely unfavourable with a swirling wind blowing the red dust in their faces and making control of the ball difficult.  If Murray can achieve what he did in those circumstances, then I can see no reason why winning the title should be beyond him - provided of course he's fit and playing at the top of his game.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #64 on: December 18, 2011, 03:54 AM »

I forgot about the circumstances around his defeat at the FO against Nadal.
Probably because I was tired of him losing yet again to Rafa.
Still, it is interesting isn't it? When you look at it objectively that is.
The days of Rafa beating Andy 5 times in a row are most probably over for ever!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #65 on: December 18, 2011, 11:17 AM »

Andy proved this year that he is a serious contender for any of the four grand slams solong as he is fit and playing his good game.
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 11:18 AM »

Andy will for sure win a grand slam
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 11:20 AM »

Djokovic isn't going to be strong as he was this year, Smugfed will go down to where he was this year and Rafa has probably lost his confidence with all of the defeats against Djokovic but in a way Tsonga is a real threat to any of the slams except French open
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 11:34 AM »

but in a way Tsonga is a real threat to any of the slams except French open
I think Del Potro's a real threat as well (except at Wimbledon).
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #69 on: December 18, 2011, 12:07 PM »

Whatever we expect from Andy will probably be less than he expects from himself.  So rather than use the word expectation here are my hopes for him in 2012:-
1.  He stays injury free, fit and well throughout the year
2.  He releases the inner "beast" and plays the beautiful tennis that we all know he is capable of.
3.  He captures that maiden grand slam because if anyone has the game to do it Andy has.
4.  He achieves everything that his hard work deseves.

But most of all I hope Andy is HAPPY because when he is happy, he is confident and when he is confident well - we all know what happens he plays breathtaking and sublime tennis.

My final wish is that he does make it to Braehead in February for the DC tie - very selfish reaons I got my tickets in the post yesterday!!!

Best of luck Andy for 2012 you totally deserve it you are a hard working, unassuming and decent young guy with a talent that can sometimes defy belief so go for it and achieve everything that you have worked so hard for.  2012 - BRING IT ON.....
  Everything I would want to say - can't wish for any more. Just catching up on here and, for me, MurrayMagic says it all - Good Luck Andy yay yay yay yay
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #70 on: December 18, 2011, 04:54 PM »

Good luck andy for 2012 . Let's go to win a grand slam  playing as well as you can do ! stay always happy and soft playing ! all yours fans are behind you !
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 08:32 PM »

Djokovic isn't going to be strong as he was this year, Smugfed will go down to where he was this year and Rafa has probably lost his confidence with all of the defeats against Djokovic but in a way Tsonga is a real threat to any of the slams except French open
I agree re: Fed. I thought he'd win the AO this year after a superb run at the WTF and I was wrong. I now think his Slam winning days are behind him.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #72 on: December 18, 2011, 08:53 PM »

Fed only won the WTF this year because the rest of the top 4 were crocked.  Having said that - much as i hate to say it - he may have another slam in him if luck is on his side.  I really hope not though!
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 09:09 PM »

Fed only won the WTF this year because the rest of the top 4 were crocked.  Having said that - much as i hate to say it - he may have another slam in him if luck is on his side.  I really hope not though!
He's had enough luck to last a lifetime. If he wins another major, I'll run for the hills. Coming with me?
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #74 on: December 18, 2011, 09:15 PM »

I will run to the hills with you if Fed wins another slam it would be the only place to escape his crocodile tears and smug face on eVery sports channel known to man !!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »