Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What do you expect from Andy in 2012? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: What do you expect from Andy in 2012?  (Read 4011 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

What do you expect from Andy in 2012? « on: December 14, 2011, 12:12 AM »

Just wondering what other MW member expect from Andy in the coming year.

1 GS Final or 1 Slam and any other masters wins. I think the Aussie Open is his best chance as the courts suit him but as we all know with Andy for all his talent his head can sometimes get in the way on those Grand Slam finals . So feel free to tell what your hopes for 2012
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2011, 08:02 PM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 02:54 AM »

Just wondering what other MW member expect from Andy in the coming year.

1 GS Final or 1 Slam and any other masters wins. I think the Aussie Open is his best chance as the courts suit him but as we all know with Andy for all his talent his head can sometimes get in the way on those Grand Slam finals . So feel free to tell what your hopes for 2012
Well now there is a difference between and expect and hope. i do expect him to play well and put up a good fight no matter what,I hope he wins a slam i don't much care which one.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 03:42 AM »

I hope that if Andy does get to the final of the AO that it's third time lucky, or, if not, that he doesn't sink into yet another lengthy slump.  Unfortunately although he may have matured a lot recently I'm not convinced that mentally he's ready to win a Slam, and to this end I hope that sooner rather than later he finds the coach he desires who can help him deal with his inner demons and finally make that extra leap.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 06:05 AM »

It is such a shame that injury spoilt the end of his season when he was playing so well.  In spite of that, I think his confidence should still be high.  I hope that he comes out all guns blazing in Australia.  If he were to win there I think he would have a fabulous season but I also think if he got to the final and lost we wouldn't see a repeat of the crashes of the last two years - I think/hope he would cope better this time.  I expect him to have a great season - going deep into the Majors and winning several Masters - I hope for at least one slam - if it's Australia he may well bag a few.  Wouldn't it be fantastic if he got all 4 - highly improbable I know but I've always been a supreme  optimist!!!!!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 07:56 AM »

Whatever we expect from Andy will probably be less than he expects from himself.  So rather than use the word expectation here are my hopes for him in 2012:-
1.  He stays injury free, fit and well throughout the year
2.  He releases the inner "beast" and plays the beautiful tennis that we all know he is capable of.
3.  He captures that maiden grand slam because if anyone has the game to do it Andy has.
4.  He achieves everything that his hard work deseves.

But most of all I hope Andy is HAPPY because when he is happy, he is confident and when he is confident well - we all know what happens he plays breathtaking and sublime tennis.

My final wish is that he does make it to Braehead in February for the DC tie - very selfish reaons I got my tickets in the post yesterday!!!

Best of luck Andy for 2012 you totally deserve it you are a hard working, unassuming and decent young guy with a talent that can sometimes defy belief so go for it and achieve everything that you have worked so hard for.  2012 - BRING IT ON.....
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:04 AM »

Whatever we expect from Andy will probably be less than he expects from himself.  So rather than use the word expectation here are my hopes for him in 2012:-
1.  He stays injury free, fit and well throughout the year
2.  He releases the inner "beast" and plays the beautiful tennis that we all know he is capable of.
3.  He captures that maiden grand slam because if anyone has the game to do it Andy has.
4.  He achieves everything that his hard work deseves.

But most of all I hope Andy is HAPPY because when he is happy, he is confident and when he is confident well - we all know what happens he plays breathtaking and sublime tennis.

My final wish is that he does make it to Braehead in February for the DC tie - very selfish reaons I got my tickets in the post yesterday!!!

Best of luck Andy for 2012 you totally deserve it you are a hard working, unassuming and decent young guy with a talent that can sometimes defy belief so go for it and achieve everything that you have worked so hard for.  2012 - BRING IT ON.....
I couldn't say it better, these are my hopes as well, and although I hope he plays in Braehead for the DC tie, I haven't got tickets, but will be cheering for him and the team watching it on TV.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 08:27 AM »

Multiple 5 set losses.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 08:50 AM »

Oh ye of little faith, you are a glass half empty!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41 AM »

Well said MurrayMagic!  How do you celebrate Christmas, Lurking - with the ghost of Christmas past?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 09:44 AM »

Have a bit of a feeling the top 4 will share the Slams next year they're all so equally matched and all well able to beat each other.  No-one else will get close so I'll say

Oz     Djok
RG     Rafa
Wim  Mr Smug    but very happy to be wrong here!
USO  Andy

Would be nice for Andy to get OZ then we can all relax and enjoy the ride even more than already.  Andy and Djok will battle it out for No.1 with Rafa 3rd
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36 AM »

Welcome Mackem......I can tell you're a 'glass half full' person! Very Happy
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 10:48 AM »

Thanks Caz.....been reading the site for a long time so finally decided to join in! Well, I try to be optimistic....I actually think Andy could well do the same as Djoko last year just don't want to get too carried away - ha ha!
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:51 AM »

I think he always has a great chance at the Australian. Funnily enough, I have a strange feeling about the French for some reason. All of the pressure is off him and his performances have gradually been getting better and better. I think Wimbledon is his least likely because of the hype.

Im not sure that I believe all this Andy and Djokovic will be 1 & 2 that is going around. Rafa is clearly very tired and as much as it pains me to say it, Federer had a baron year without really putting a foot wrong. Im sure ill be crapping myself just as much as usual when Andy meets either in the semis.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32 PM »

I’ve failed over, and over, and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

…Michael Jordan
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 08:41 PM »

Oh ye of little faith, you are a glass half empty!
Didn't you know Lurking is really Boogers in disguise? Very Happy

I think he always has a great chance at the Australian. Funnily enough, I have a strange feeling about the French for some reason. All of the pressure is off him and his performances have gradually been getting better and better. I think Wimbledon is his least likely because of the hype.

Im not sure that I believe all this Andy and Djokovic will be 1 & 2 that is going around. Rafa is clearly very tired and as much as it pains me to say it, Federer had a baron year without really putting a foot wrong. Im sure ill be crapping myself just as much as usual when Andy meets either in the semis.
It wouldn't surprise me either if the FO was the first Slam Andy won because, as you say, there's not so much expectation on him.  I recall Federer saying that, referring to his own first Slam, one often comes when players least expect them.

Like you I can't see Andy winning Wimbledon until he has won another Slam first.  In fact he may never win it and I think Rod Laver had a point when he said no British man would win Wimbledon until the media got off his back - and that is extremely unlikely to happen.  Unfortunately there are no young British players of Andy's calibre coming through who might help to shift that burden of expectation.

I'm not under-estimating Federer either.  I think he still has a Slam or two left in him.  As for Nadal and Djokovic - well I wouldn't care to speculate how either will do given that both have wrecked their bodies.  Nadal is apparently having more knee problems and Djokovic seems to have an on-going shoulder problem which could hamper him next season.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 14, 2011, 08:45 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »