Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What do you expect from Andy in 2012? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

What do you expect from Andy in 2012?

(Read 4178 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:51 PM »

I expect a year similar to this year. Decent slam performances, but no wins. He'd be doing well to get to a final. AO is probably going to be a disappointment, given the expectations.

A couple of masters wins, one or two 250/500 events.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:22 PM »

You are basically stating this year's results, boogers. I mean how lazy are you?  :p

Mind you, if he does any better, you are buying drinks for all of us.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 10:44 PM »

A slam and an olympic medal would be an absolute dream.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 11:18 PM »

I think we might all get a little surprise with Rafa I expect him to come out the traps next year at hyper physicality then fade in the later stages at the French to do very little Post Wimbledon.
Novak will still be awesome but just not as awesome as 2011. Fed will be arrested and jailed for mass smugness to all mankind and Andy will hopefully not have a complete mental breakdown in a Grand Slam Final and maybe even win a set in one.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 11:32 PM »

I expect Andy to still be in the top 4 at the end of 2012 and to have risen to 3. I'm hoping he'll be more consistent in the Masters series and not have those first match losses in 3 of the tournaments he had this year - and hopefully no post-AO slump!

He'll win Masters series - maybe even one of IW/Miami this year - but I'm not sure about a slam. The other three are just so strong and confident in slam finals that Andy would really have to have truly conquered his slam final nerves to get past them. I hope it happens in Australia though, the courts are so good for his game there.

An Olympic medal is a real possibility - and maybe if he did win one, it would then spur him on to do well in the USO?
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 11:37 PM »

Just a quick heads up people on the Austrailan Open website you can watch full classic matches including Andy v Cilic in the semi's link is http://vault.australianopentv.com/
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 11:43 PM »

I expect Andy to still be in the top 4 at the end of 2012 and to have risen to 3. I'm hoping he'll be more consistent in the Masters series and not have those first match losses in 3 of the tournaments he had this year - and hopefully no post-AO slump!

He'll win Masters series - maybe even one of IW/Miami this year - but I'm not sure about a slam. The other three are just so strong and confident in slam finals that Andy would really have to have truly conquered his slam final nerves to get past them. I hope it happens in Australia though, the courts are so good for his game there.

An Olympic medal is a real possibility - and maybe if he did win one, it would then spur him on to do well in the USO?
He will win one slam next year I believe the US semi against Nadal will be his last loss to Rafa. Federer will be the main threat.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 11:43 PM »

I hope Andy will do the unexpected and surprise me by taking the AO.
And yes, I personally believe he's playing well enough now, it's building to something.
One thing you can't say when you see Andy play is that you know exactly what he's going to do, he's the most autonomous of the 4 of them.
Yes a nice stress free straight sets final win would not be expected given
His past 'performances' that's why I think it could happen this time.
His 1st slam probably won't be as dramatic as envisioned.
Expect the unexpected this year.
Also if Novak takes the clay court season including Rafas RG throne.
Then I think he's (Nadal) going to retire a la Borg.
Also I think Andy is going to beat Federer in a slam, it's about time.
Finally I expect Andy to play better as he has done every year there's more room for improvement still.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 11:48 PM »

Also if (if!) he wins the AO, then he will probably win the US Open as well,
As the floodgates shall start to open, it certainly won't be a business as usual scenario.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 01:01 AM »

Seriously?

If you can't be negative you can't be positive, as you've demonstrated ample times whenever Murray loses early in a tournament and we find out your optimism is built on a house of cards.
For goodness sake, I was only joking!

Sorry, but I truly do not understand why your second paragraph appears to be entirely directed towards me since I'm not exactly the Oracle of Murrays World.  Also I have tried to be honest in my appraisals of Murray's chances and results, the more so the longer I have been a member of this forum, and that includes what I intend as constructive as opposed to destructive negativity.  If I appear to be optimistic at the start of tournaments then it's because I want him to do well.  Were it otherwise I would never have joined MW in the first place.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 01:03 AM »

I fear whatever I expect the opposite will happen, so this time, I am going with the opposite. No risk in that!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 01:24 AM »

Nadal fans will probably wait for clay season to roll over. Novak fans probably won't fret as much. The guy has done so much already this year, so they are probably expecting a bit of a letdown anyway. Whatever Federer does will be a bonus for the Federer fans. This leaves us - Andy fans. We have the highest at stake. If Andy falters, we will all be in yet another slump. So I say drink up and enjoy the season and get ready.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 02:13 AM »

Nadal fans will probably wait for clay season to roll over. Novak fans probably won't fret as much. The guy has done so much already this year, so they are probably expecting a bit of a letdown anyway. Whatever Federer does will be a bonus for the Federer fans. This leaves us - Andy fans. We have the highest at stake. If Andy falters, we will all be in yet another slump. So I say drink up and enjoy the season and get ready.
Oh I'll certainly be ready alright.  I don't drink but the bottle of Valium will be at hand ... nervous  lol
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 01:23 PM »

What I hope for Andy is that he will have the health and fitness to take some more steps towards his potential.What do I expect? An even better year than 2011,  and a climb to number 2. It pains me to say so but if Mr Smug continues to play as he did at the end of the year he is more likely to be Andy's bogeyman then either Nole or rafa.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: What do U expect from Andy in 2012? « Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 02:05 PM »

Lots of reasons to be optimistic this year I think. The improvement in Andy's forehand in the asian swing was a revelation and could make the difference in winning at least one of the big prizes. I'm not too bothered by Mr Smug's form at the end of the year, he was the only one of the top 4 in full fitness in the tournaments he won and I expect that the scars of those match points against Novak at the USO will hinder his progress when faced with a similar situation again. We need to hope for good draws for Andy in the slams, especially at the French Open (a repeat of last years Prodon / Bolelli / Berrer / Troicki / Chela run to the semis would be nice)!..after all, many of Federers slam wins in particular have been achieved by having easyish runs to the final so staying in the top 4 is crucial. Miami, Indian Wells, Canada and the tour finals are great opportunities to earn points and therefore take a bit of pressure off the points he has to defend at all 4 slams this year. Having watched Del Potro in the Davis Cup final it appears he is almost back to his best, this could actually help Andy as he is capable of beating the others in the top 4 whereas Andy matches up really well against him..got a feeling that Rafa might struggle this year off the back of the multiple finals losses to Djokovic and the recent bagels from Andy and Fed although I would actually be happy to see him win a few more in his career to surpass Federers slams record.

My prediction for the slams -

Australian Open - Murray (2nd choice Djokovic)
French Open - Djokovic  (2nd choice Nadal)
Wimbledon - Djokovic  (2nd choice Murray)
USO - Murray  (2nd choice Del Potro)
Tour Finals - Murray  (2nd choice Del Potro)

Possible surprise packages - Tsonga (Australian Open), Berdych (Wimbledon).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »