Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

What do you think Andy's Logo will look like?

(Read 3150 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 01:47 AM »

I have no problems with Andy cashing in on his name.

In the past, I think he has let his heart rule his head. Makes him completely loveable, but not good for his long-term business career.

His tennis career shouldn't be confined to what he does on the court. The athletic stage is agonisingly short.

He is a tennis icon, and a business.

I can separate the two.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 03:29 AM »

He has worked damned hard for many years. If he now wants to reap more of the tangible monetary rewards of that perseverance, that's fine by me. It might simply be part of him wanting to be taken seriously as a sportsman, and thinking that this sort of thing is part of that process.  
Good point, Masaka - just so long as he doesn't do a Federer and have the logo on any of his tennis kit.  That, to me, is plain arrogance.  Everyone knows his name - they don't need to be reminded about it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 03:39 AM »

In the past, I think he has let his heart rule his head. Makes him completely loveable, but not good for his long-term business career.

His tennis career shouldn't be confined to what he does on the court. The athletic stage is agonisingly short.

I can separate the two.

And once again this lovely lady puts down in words exactly what I feel!!

Linda I  Heart you.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 11:31 AM »

I can separate the two.

Exactly. I don't think any of his fans can truly know just how hard won the victories over the last 18 months have been - both physically and mentally.

If anything I find it reassuring the the man staggering round Centre Court in a complete daze in July is finally starting to take on board the sheer magnitude of his achievements. For 77 years a Brit has been trying and failing to emulate Fred Perry.  Andy Murray pulled it off. I don't think anyone would actually have blamed him if he had buckled under the pressure and close calls. He didn't - as he himself has said "I perservered".

Quite frankly he deserves everything he gets and can get. If it happens to p*ss Federer off in the process, so much the better. I have every confidence that he and the people around him have too much class to go for anything too inappropriate.

Let the lad have his fun. It should relish every moment.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 01:13 AM »

Have just by chance come across Jamie's logo -

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 05:39 PM »

Good point, Masaka - just so long as he doesn't do a Federer and have the logo on any of his tennis kit.  That, to me, is plain arrogance.  Everyone knows his name - they don't need to be reminded about it.
the story I read in Standard Aileen suggested the logo would be on his kit, which, if true,  I too think would be a real shame,.  As I've said before I remember Andy once responding to a question about logo on shoes, saying he didn't see the point. Unfortunately the PR people do and are no doubt pushing it as part of their marketing drive.  Oh well I'm sure he'll remain down to earth Andy with or without logo so I won't accuse him of arrogance if he's given in to the PR people.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 07:38 PM »

the story I read in Standard Aileen suggested the logo would be on his kit, which, if true,  I too think would be a real shame,.  As I've said before I remember Andy once responding to a question about logo on shoes, saying he didn't see the point. Unfortunately the PR people do and are no doubt pushing it as part of their marketing drive.  Oh well I'm sure he'll remain down to earth Andy with or without logo so I won't accuse him of arrogance if he's given in to the PR people.
PR people do wield a lot of power so I suppose that Andy has little option other than to bow to their wishes now, especially as he's Wimbledon champion, although maybe he'll put his foot down, literally, and refuse to have it on his shoes, since I can't believe he won't have at least some input as to what they want to do.

Also he has to look to his financial future, although with assets reckoned to be around £21m as of April 2012 - a figure which will have increased considerably by now - he's already set up for life (by most people's standards anyway!)

I hope though that Aesop go for something a little more imaginative than just using his initials.  Unfortunately Fed's were just begging to be used. Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 10:36 PM »

As well as getting a logo it's high time Andy got somebody reliable to run his official website.

It's been a disgrace for quite a while now as it's frequently never up to date, posts confusing or erroneous information, or no info at all.  Today is just an example - am.com has a pic of London in the background but gives the time and weather conditions in Shanghai, thereby suggesting he's playing there, the only 'injury update' is on 19 Sept which refers to the fact that he will be having an op, and there's nothing at all in his Facebook page.

C'mon Andy - this isn't good enough!

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 10:45 PM »

As well as getting a logo it's high time Andy got somebody reliable to run his official website.

It's been a disgrace for quite a while now as it's frequently never up to date, posts confusing or erroneous information, or no info at all.  Today is just an example - am.com has a pic of London in the background but gives the time and weather conditions in Shanghai, thereby suggesting he's playing there, the only 'injury update' is on 19 Sept which refers to the fact that he will be having an op, and there's nothing at all in his Facebook page.

C'mon Andy - this isn't good enough!

The website is a joke and has been for some time. Is it still Rob that runs it? If so, Andy is really needing to have a word. It's a bad reflection on Andy that his site is so poor.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 11:00 PM »

The website is a joke and has been for some time. Is it still Rob that runs it? If so, Andy is really needing to have a word. It's a bad reflection on Andy that his site is so poor.
I've no idea if it's still Rob, but if it is he either needs to be told to get his act together or be replaced by somebody who can do a more professional job and one which will befit Andy's status.  It really does make me wonder if Andy ever looks at it
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 11:14 PM »

I've no idea if it's still Rob, but if it is he either needs to be told to get his act together or be replaced by somebody who can do a more professional job and one which will befit Andy's status.  It really does make me wonder if Andy ever looks at it

Rob doesn't run it anymore.Someone tweeted him last year about there being a problem with it and he replied that he didn't run it,and advised them to get in touch with the management company about it.
[ Last edit by xxdanixx October 07, 2013, 11:18 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18 PM »

What are his management company playing at then? It can't be that hard to keep up-to-date. I'd do it for free.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 09:27 AM »

Nial Smith was invited to create some designs for the brand as well as the 77 management. Unsure if they will use it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 09:29 AM »

"    Nial Smith
    I was invited to pitch for this work but, unfortunately, Goliath (Aesop) – paying scant attention to the script - slew David (Nial Smith Design), ruining what would otherwise have been a pretty good story… (I will post my designs at some point soon.)"
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: What do you think Andy's Logo will look like? « Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 09:29 AM »

It's a 77 shaping a slanted M. Very appropriate and a nice simple design.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »