Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What Does Murray Need To Work On??? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: What Does Murray Need To Work On???  (Read 2462 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 09:53 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
But the coverage is pretty poor.  Wouldn't be surprised if they showed 2 Aussie wildcards as the feature match on the first day ](*,)

yea that's a good point!!  Think they show wild cards or qualifiers for the first week.. then maybe 3 quater finals!  Anxious but it's better than nothing! can't believe they won't be showing Shangai!  ](*,)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 10:14 PM »

I think Shanghai will be predictable...but I hope Rafa offers a challenge to FedEx. But the real tournament coming up is the Aberdeen Cup!!!

I only live 2 hours away from the venue but I couldnt get tickets.... #-o
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 10:21 PM »

Hmn.. yea Shanghai.. hopefully go to Rafa! Very Happy

But I really hope A-Rod puts up a fight! Bad season for the guy.. and he's had this darn back injury! Frown

And Fed's got an injury, Rafa's got left knee tendinitis (or whatever it's called) and Lleyton has got a broken toe *cough* his wife is pregnant!  doctor
[ Last edit by top_spin July 21, 2007, 02:59 AM ] IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 10:28 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
But the coverage is pretty poor.  Wouldn't be surprised if they showed 2 Aussie wildcards as the feature match on the first day ](*,)

Eh?  That's why I far prefer Sky. Eurosport are all over the place.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 10:40 PM »

Though, in the Murray vs Gonzalez game. I thought the commentators were quirky and didn't take themselves seriously. That was done by Eurosport

(sigh) I guess no-one comes close to BBC at Wimbers. Its just sublime coverage!!!  \Very Happy/
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 12:35 AM »

At the risk of sounding facetious, is there any chance of seeing you in Wimbledon one day Amy? And how would you rate Jamie Baker and the progress he's making. I see he recently won a Futures title.

Cheers, Ia O:) in
IP Logged
Bogofan
What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 09:41 AM »

The scots, Jamie Baker and Colin Fleming are rated very highly as future prospects. Colin has won around 20 doubles titles this year and has excelled at singles as well. Jamie has won titles in Britain and overseas.  Jamie has climbed around 400 places this year to 367 and Colin has climbed over 800 places to 480. Look out for them during the grass court season next year.

Their official website is done by a friend of Jamie and Colin and includes reports from the players themselves, schedule and ranking info, sponsorship info, results and photos.

It can be found at:  www.freewebs.com/topscots
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 10:52 AM »

Quote from: "Bogofan"
The scots, Jamie Baker and Colin Fleming are rated very highly as future prospects. Colin has won around 20 doubles titles this year and has excelled at singles as well. Jamie has won titles in Britain and overseas.  Jamie has climbed around 400 places this year to 367 and Colin has climbed over 800 places to 480. Look out for them during the grass court season next year.

Their official website is done by a friend of Jamie and Colin and includes reports from the players themselves, schedule and ranking info, sponsorship info, results and photos.

It can be found at:  www.freewebs.com/topscots

No need to speak in third party, that website appears to be run by you or your big brother, be proud  goodjob
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

His drop shots « Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 11:33 AM »

Does anyone else think the same as me? He ought to try and eradicate them from his game. Not that he shouldn't use one occasionally, but not as much as he does.

His first serve percentage definitely needs improving. It's very powerful, when he gets it in.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: His drop shots « Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 11:38 AM »

Quote from: "David"
Does anyone else think the same as me? He ought to try and eradicate them from his game. Not that he shouldn't use one occasionally, but not as much as he does.

His first serve percentage definitely needs improving. It's very powerful, when he gets it in.

Absolutely.

At the moment they're working. But most players will have sussed them out now, so he could be giving away a lot of points.

The drop shot should be used very sparingly, otherwise it's surprise value is gone.

2006 is going to be a heck of a year for Andy. He has to consolidate all the progress he's made this year. His scalp will be one that a lot of players will be after.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 12:23 PM »

Quote from: "Iain"
At the risk of sounding facetious, is there any chance of seeing you in Wimbledon one day Amy? And how would you rate Jamie Baker and the progress he's making. I see he recently won a Futures title.

Iain- I'd love to. Maybe one day. Its my dream to play at Wimbledon. Itll be at least a few more years though if it does happen. I'm still young and need a bit more experience around the circuit. I need to build my fitness up before i can do anything as hardcore as SW19.
I take my tennis very seriously even so. Ive been playing since i was about 4. Itll be amazing if i could.
and ill pretend i know what facetious means  :---)
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 03:18 PM »

Quote from: "Iain"

I was there actually in Bolton and watched a couple of Jamies matches in Bolton. He's doing considerably well i think seeing as that was his first Futures title to date. Hes been finalists and semi finalists before in pasty futures- one was somewhere in turkey or greece i think and the other in edinburgh. Give it another few years and hell be getting the same recognition as Andy Murray will have right now and getting through rounds at Wimbledon, Queens and other such events i would say. The thing about Jamie is that hes excelled on grass already which not many other futures can say.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 05:02 PM »

What is Andy's best quality do you think? (I mean shot-wise)
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 05:08 PM »

That's a tough question. I think his serve is good, but he only get's 50% out of it. He's a hardhitter and very technical, he can do shots no one can... That's my opninion anyway.
 :P  blahblah
I still love these smileys,  roflmao
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

What Does Murray Need To Work On??? « Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 09:51 AM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
What is Andy's best quality do you think? (I mean shot-wise)

definately his two handed backhand. hes got that down to a tee. anyone agree or have anything better?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »