Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What Matches Would You Watch Again? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

What Matches Would You Watch Again?

(Read 631 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

What Matches Would You Watch Again? « on: July 25, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Hi All,

I don't know if I can put a link to an external site on here, if someone can let me know either way it would be great, but I have found somewhere online that is selling tennis matches on DVD. I've tried them out, bought a couple of Andy's matches, Queen's Murray/Roddick and the Murray/Tsonga final from last year, and the wonderful AO Murray/Lloddra match as well, and they are good quality and region free, and not too badly priced, I have to be honest, they are cheaper than 'official' DVD's. They've clearly been recorded from TV coverage, but they've come out really well, so I thought it worth a mention.

Anyway, it made me think of something to ask you all. If you could choose any of Andy's matches to have on DVD to be able to watch again, what would you choose? Anyone got any particular highlights?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:32 PM »

This is the one I've bought from before, but I see a few have sprung up now: http://tennisdvds.net/

Must be quite a lucrative little sideline.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:36 PM »

I don't re-watch anything, unless they're showing old matches at Wimbledon because of rain delays and even then Shrug
Might make an exception for Mac/Borg or Mac/Connors.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 07:02 PM »

I loved the 5 setter with Andy v Gasquet soooooooooooo much that I bought the DVD, and have watched it a loads of times, it's a classic to me!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 04:09 AM »

I loved the 5 setter with Andy v Gasquet soooooooooooo much that I bought the DVD, and have watched it a loads of times, it's a classic to me!
Same!

Bought it fairly recently actually, February I think, having had it in my basket for about a year before that. Watched it three times in a week after getting it. That point to win the 3rd set TB was just unbelievable.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Roger v Roddick 2009 Wimbledon

Federer v Murray US OPen final 2008

Federer v Sampras Wimbledon 2001

Sampras v Rafter Wimbledon final 2000

Sampras v Agassi US open 2001
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:44 PM »

Perhaps you should suggest those options to the Federer and Sampras websites (excluding the 1 Murray one you cared to mention).

And yes, I am aware that the question was left open but this is an Andy website on an Andy Talk sub-menu.  Actually, now that I've read what TeeJay has to say, the question is directed towards Andy matches, so perhaps you could scrap the other 4.

And Gawd, Sampras vs Fedex. yuk
[ Last edit by Bevc July 26, 2012, 12:54 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13 PM »

Perhaps you should suggest those options to the Federer and Sampras websites (excluding the 1 Murray one you cared to mention).

And yes, I am aware that the question was left open but this is an Andy website on an Andy Talk sub-menu.  Actually, now that I've read what TeeJay has to say, the question is directed towards Andy matches, so perhaps you could scrap the other 4.

And Gawd, Sampras vs Fedex. yuk

The question was indeed directed at Andy matches. I kind of thought that went without saying really, but there we are.

Let me rephrase the question then, just for the sake of clarification. If you could suggest some of Andy's matches for someone else to watch (that takes out any idea of watching them again for those who wouldn't do that) on DVD, which matches would you suggest? Any favourites?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Same!

Bought it fairly recently actually, February I think, having had it in my basket for about a year before that. Watched it three times in a week after getting it. That point to win the 3rd set TB was just unbelievable.

Hi All,

I've got that one on DVD too. I've watched it loads. I watched it again to prepare myself for Andy playing Gasquet at Wimbledon last year. Knowing he had got through him before helped no end.

That shot when Andy ended up in Row B to take the third set was stunning. I loved his reaction as well. To my mind that was a clear indication that Britain had a player on our hands who was a little bit different. His comeback to win that one spoke volumes for him too.

Does anyone else remember that certain people disapproved of Andy showing his biceps off when he won? If I remember it was taken as a dig at Rafa somehow, but it was nothing of the kind. He was showing how his team that the hard work he'd done to get in to shape had really paid off.

Great match.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 03:38 PM »

Does anyone else remember that certain people disapproved of Andy showing his biceps off when he won? If I remember it was taken as a dig at Rafa somehow, but it was nothing of the kind. He was showing how his team that the hard work he'd done to get in to shape had really paid off.

Great match.

I remember that - but some people will find anything to criticise about Andy, he just can't please them all! It definitely wasn't a dig at Rafa, Andy wouldn't do that to anyone but especially to Rafa who he respects so much. I also bought the Gasquet match. It was such an amazing match - and a turning point in Andy's career which makes it even more special.

Other matches I'd like to see again from past years are Andy/Rafa USO 2008, Andy/Del Potro USO 2008, Andy/Federer Masters Cup 2008, Andy/Rafa AO 2010, Andy/Rafa Monte Carlo 2011, Andy/Novak Cincinatti 2008, Andy/Novak Rome 2011, and Andy/Wawrinka Wimbledon 2009.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 03:50 PM »

I remember that - but some people will find anything to criticise about Andy, he just can't please them all! It definitely wasn't a dig at Rafa, Andy wouldn't do that to anyone but especially to Rafa who he respects so much. I also bought the Gasquet match. It was such an amazing match - and a turning point in Andy's career which makes it even more special.

Other matches I'd like to see again from past years are Andy/Rafa USO 2008, Andy/Del Potro USO 2008, Andy/Federer Masters Cup 2008, Andy/Rafa AO 2010, Andy/Rafa Monte Carlo 2011, Andy/Novak Cincinatti 2008, Andy/Novak Rome 2011, and Andy/Wawrinka Wimbledon 2009.

Katie, whole of the Andy v Nadal Aussie 2010 and part of Andy Nole Cincinatti 2008 are up on the Murraysworld channel http://www.youtube.com/user/murraysworld?feature=mhee

I am in the process of putting up the rest.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Katie, whole of the Andy v Nadal Aussie 2010 and part of Andy Nole Cincinatti 2008 are up on the Murraysworld channel http://www.youtube.com/user/murraysworld?feature=mhee

I am in the process of putting up the rest.

Thanks Craig! Smile Looking forward to seeing that match again, one of my favourites.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Wawrinka v Murray Us open 2010
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Wawrinka v Murray Us open 2010

Will put that up right after the 2009 Australian open Final.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: What Matches Would You Watch Again? « Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Andy's win over Fuderer at the tour finals in Shanghai when Roger the Todger resorted to theatrical 'ooh my back hurts' gamesmanship to try to change the flow of the match. It was a great display from Andy to knock RF out in the group stages. As always the Swiss showed a complete lack of grace in defeat at the end.
Also loved the Tokyo final last year against rafa, i still have that saved on my sky plus!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »