Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy?

(Read 1678 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « on: July 29, 2012, 11:52 PM »

At the risk of sounding like a complete nut-job, I'm seriously considering cancelling eye surgery to go watch Andy play at the Rogers Cup in Toronto.
From my pov: I've waited 2 years to go see him, saved all my birthday money, and I'm not going to go blind. I'm just going to piss off the surgeon.

I've curtailed some family/friends events to watch dodgy livestreams. Even left my family enjoying a WaterPark last year, and I walked 2 miles back to our campsite, all bcos I just couldn't miss Andy play at Wimbles.

I'm a slave to the alarm clock going off at 4:00am when he does the Aussie/Asian tour.

What have you sacrificed to support Andy? I know there's plenty of you just like me.

EDIT: We bring a satellite dish when we go camping... otherwise I sound even more nutty when I say I walked 2 miles back to our campsite to watch Andy. Very Happy
2nd EDIT: I'm considering postponing, not cancelling surgery (thanks Bev Smile).
[ Last edit by scotnadian July 31, 2012, 03:40 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:22 AM »

Missed a few of the less important lectures but that's about the extent of it. Follow the livescores on my phone when it's one I can't afford to miss. lol

Never really had any conflicting dates though for the more important matches so never had to worry.

That sounds like a right dilemma though. :/ Best of luck with the surgery, if and when you do have it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10 AM »

Can't say I've sacrificed anything apart from a few hours sleep.  I'm just very grateful that I'm retired, live on my own, and can please myself what I do!  Also I make sure that, when Andy is playing, appointments of any kind are put on hold, unless absolutely necessary, particularly during RG, Wimbledon and now the Olympics.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:19 AM »

A lot of sleep. Mind you, I love sleeping so that's double the sacrifice.

On the flip side, I feel I am sacrificing a lot when I can't watch some of Andy's matches mainly due to being at work. How about that?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35 AM »

At the risk of sounding like a complete nut-job, I'm seriously considering cancelling eye surgery to go watch Andy play at the Rogers Cup in Toronto.
From my pov: I've waited 2 years to go see him, saved all my birthday money, and I'm not going to go blind. I'm just going to piss off the surgeon.

I've curtailed some family/friends events to watch dodgy livestreams. Even left my family enjoying a WaterPark last year, and I walked 2 miles back to our campsite, all bcos I just couldn't miss Andy play at Wimbles.

I'm a slave to the alarm clock going off at 4:00am when he does the Aussie/Asian tour.

What have you sacrificed to support Andy? I know there's plenty of you just like me.

Postpone would be a better word, surely?  If you were ill, you'd have to postpone devil

Lack of sleep is usually my sacrifice and my hubby has made sacrifices - we don't holiday together so that I can go to the tennis in Australia tender  though I'd like him to come one time with me.  He'd be brilliant at shouting encouragement to Andy and whistling but he just can't stand tennis!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 01:45 AM »

^ Goodness Bev - you must have a husband in a million.  Not many men would be so accommodating!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 01:58 AM »

He has a new job now, so hopefully we will be able to do both next year Very Happy  Besides, he says I made sacrifices when we were first married and then when the kids came along..............................  He does have his moments though Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 02:47 AM »

^ Hope you do get your hols and the tennis! hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 06:07 AM »

Well I'm definitely getting the tennis!  Book it next month, all with my hubby's blessing!  Anything else we book will be a bonus.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 06:44 AM »

Missed my tea once...Wink
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 07:31 AM »

Missed my tea once...Wink
Me too.It was yesterday afternoon and I was too nervous to drink it during the Wawa match.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 06:41 PM »

Judging by your posts, lack of sleep seems to be the most common denominator.
I do sound like a nut-job tho'.. and I'm really not.
I've always supported Andy, but circumstances this past year have afforded me more opportunity to follow his progress.
And then I found MurraysWorld, my drug of choice. Damn you Mark & Co!  Very Happy

I think I remember Craig (craighateslife) slept in his car at Indian Wells bcos he ran out of money by buying tickets to see Andy. And then Andy completely bombed against Lopez. Poor guy (Craig).

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Anyway, I don't take it as a sacrifice. I've made my choice after all. I was the same with Pete and had spent countless weeks/months fretting and not sleeping. Forget anything else and that too was my choice.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 08:47 PM »

Judging by your posts, lack of sleep seems to be the most common denominator.
I do sound like a nut-job tho'.. and I'm really not.
I've always supported Andy, but circumstances this past year have afforded me more opportunity to follow his progress.
And then I found MurraysWorld, my drug of choice. Damn you Mark & Co!  Very Happy

I think I remember Craig (craighateslife) slept in his car at Indian Wells bcos he ran out of money by buying tickets to see Andy. And then Andy completely bombed against Lopez. Poor guy (Craig).

Yes , I can testify it can be lonely road watching Andy. I was so pissed off that night I ended up going to a bar and blowing the last 50 dollars I had on me.

PS, I am kind of doing the same in Toronto.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: What sacrifices have you made to watch Andy? « Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 10:02 PM »

Well i get about 20 days off work a year and a good 10 or so of thoses are purely due to tennis reasons, people always ask so where are you going on your week off... mmm - nowhere!!

Sleep goes a miss during Ao and sometimes USO- I have missed casual social events. i remember a friends birthday i went to when Andy was playing 3r USO last year i was on edge tthe whole night wondering how andy was doing - i couldnt enjoy myself at all!

I cant watch Andy with my friends either cos they wanna chat generally, they are fair-weather fans, and all lick federers arse so, I can only watch Andy alone and share my thoughts and feelings with you guys!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »