Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What the best outcome for Andy this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

What the best outcome for Andy this year?

(Read 4555 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

What the best outcome for Andy this year? « on: April 22, 2012, 07:25 PM »

Given that 2012 is a packed tennis calendar year, what would be the best outcome for Andy in terms of success in 2012?

My wish list would be as follows:-

1.  Defend or better his clay court points
2.  Retain his QC title
3.  Win Wimbledon, this kills two birds with one stone, first GS and lays to bed the theory that he cannot deal with the burden of expectation that is thrust upon him at home.
4.  Defend his points till the end of the year
5.  Lift the trophy at the O2

What does everyone else think?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Win a Slam.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:01 PM »

I would add win an Olympic medal, maybe two!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Not to bothered about an Olympic medal

Win a slam, win the O2 end the year no2
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 08:23 PM »

I think if he won a slam nothing else would matter that much.  But that aside yes would like to see him move up the rankings, win 02 and an Olympic medal [and purely selfish, if he can't win gold or silver would love him to win bronze as I've got ticket for that though of course would sacrifice watching that for him to win the gold or silver]
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 08:34 PM »

To win a Slam. I'm sure it would be like a weight lifting from his shoulders - and would be a great confidence booster.

But underpinning this and all my hopes for Andy, is my main hope that he stays injury-free. Nothing can be achieved otherwise.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 08:58 PM »

To win a Slam. I'm sure it would be like a weight lifting from his shoulders - and would be a great confidence booster.

But underpinning this and all my hopes for Andy, is my main hope that he stays injury-free. Nothing can be achieved otherwise.
[/quote

Very true, let's hope Andy can do this and finally see a reward for his hard work & dedication.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10 PM »

Just want to see Andy win a Slam this year. I want to see Andy very happy and free from that burden. Besides, God knows he deserves it. This would make me the most happy as well.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 10:30 PM »

What's all the fuss about the bleeding Olympics? Tennis is just not an Olympic sport. Same applies to football. If the Olympics isn't the pinnacle event for that sport, then it's not an Olympic sport.

One slam for me. Any one will do. But he won't. Sorry.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 11:32 PM »

^^ Oooh - a bit sour Nigel!

Win a Slam, preferably Wimbledon and get that monkey of his back; win a medal at the Olympics - not fussy which one; overtake Federer and end the year No.3.

On a more practical level, keep on working with Lendl; finally manage to keep his feelings on court under control; get to the season's end with as few injuries as possible.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 01:13 AM »

I think that's when it will happen - when even the most faithful ones will turn their back on Andy.

On a most desperate level - I am willing to give Federer 1 more slam but only if Andy wins a Slam first.

I guess the most haunting questions will be in the meantime - will it ever happen? if it happens, when will it happen? how will it happen? who will he beat? will some of us die while it happens? how many will be behind the sofa and how many will be in front of the sofa and how many will be no where to be foundl? but most importantly, will MW be the same again?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24 AM »

Slam, of course.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 08:31 AM »

Best outcome for Andy? - A slam.   My choice, Wimbledon.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 08:58 AM »

I have to wish a Slam for him, preferably Wimbledon, although I'm not sure it will happen. He has the technical potential and the talent but does he have the emotional/mental sustenance. He has shown it sometimes in those matches where he battles back - I just don't know. Beyond that, health and happiness is the best he can have.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 09:27 AM »

What's all the fuss about the bleeding Olympics? Tennis is just not an Olympic sport. Same applies to football. If the Olympics isn't the pinnacle event for that sport, then it's not an Olympic sport.

One slam for me. Any one will do. But he won't. Sorry.

Sadly, I agree on both points
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »