Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What the best outcome for Andy this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

What the best outcome for Andy this year?

(Read 4076 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 09:55 AM »

What's all the fuss about the bleeding Olympics? Tennis is just not an Olympic sport. Same applies to football. If the Olympics isn't the pinnacle event for that sport, then it's not an Olympic sport.

Agreed.  A Slam is all that matters.  Sorry, as big atennis fan that I am, tennis shouldn't be in the Olympics.  The Olympics should be the absolute pinnacle of any given sport e.g. athletics, swimming.....this is not so for tennis, basketball + a few others.

If Andy can get a Slam everythng else falls into place e.g. ranking
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 10:06 AM »

I would love Andy to win a Slam, don't care which one it is, as if anyone deserves it he does, all the dedicated hard training he has put in, no one can every say Andy has not tried to be the best he can. Not bothered about the Olympics, don't care for it at all.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54 PM »

Tennis is a very lonely sport especially for a solo Brit like Andy, so for that reason I enjoy things like Davis Cup and the Olympics where he gets to feel like part of a team.  It's just a break from the old routine, if you like.  Saying that, I don't think he would get as much kudos for winning a gold medal as he would for winning a slam so I'd have to put the slam first. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14 PM »

I want Andy to win a slam. To be honest the Olympics mean nothing to us in Scotland. They are sending 5 women teams to play football in Hampden Park. Only 10% of the tickets have been sold I am afraid people here are really are not interested. The main interest will be the commonwealth games in 2014 were we will have a Scottish Team competing.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 04:28 PM »

To win every single match from here on until the end of the year. That was easy!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52 PM »

I just want Andy to play well and improve in all aspects of his game. I would like him to win a slam if he does not it is not the end of the world. Just have a good year Andy and do the best you can. Stay healthy.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 06:54 PM »

I just want Andy to play well and improve in all aspects of his game. I would like him to win a slam if he does not it is not the end of the world. Just have a good year Andy and do the best you can. Stay healthy.

clap
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Having started this thread and now read all the comments, I think I am going to change my mind, although I would give my right arm to see Andy lift that GS, as it really is what his hard work and dedication deserve, it really is just about Andy staying healthy & happy throughout the year, getting the most he can out of his partnership with Lendl and doing the best he can to improve.  Whatever happens, I will continue to support Andy through the highs and lows, he is an exciting player to watch and sometimes the things he does with a tennis racket defy belief.  After listening to his two most recent interviews with David Frost and Colin Murray, he really is a completely focused and driven young man and I would really have no desire to support another player to the lengths that I would support Murray (AO 4.00 am starts etc.) I just wish that the media would give him credit for what he has achieved and not write him off.  Let's wait and see what 2012 brings, but will be keeping everything crossed for Andy.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Given that 2012 is a packed tennis calendar year, what would be the best outcome for Andy in terms of success in 2012?

My wish list would be as follows:-

1.  Defend or better his clay court points
2.  Retain his QC title
3.  Win Wimbledon, this kills two birds with one stone, first GS and lays to bed the theory that he cannot deal with the burden of expectation that is thrust upon him at home.
4.  Defend his points till the end of the year
5.  Lift the trophy at the O2

What does everyone else think?
I think he would be over the moon if that happens , and why not he has the skill .I would be over the moon to M.M .  cmon yeah

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 08:20 PM »

To be honest the Olympics mean nothing to us in Scotland.
What absolute arrogant ignorant nonsense.... I personally tried to get tickets for Wimbledon but to no avail but I love the Olympics no matter where they are held ... That might be your narrow minded opinion(and please don't quote stats)because they don't wash with me so Please don't talk for me and many other Scots who are looking forward to the occasion.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 08:33 PM »

According to Andy's interview with Sir David, a slam or an Olympic medal would be nice this year, or as Sir David pointed out, both Very Happy.

Heathly and happy in what he does is all anyone could hope for.  Let the rest be a BIG surprise!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34 PM »

I want Andy to win a slam. To be honest the Olympics mean nothing to us in Scotland. They are sending 5 women teams to play football in Hampden Park. Only 10% of the tickets have been sold I am afraid people here are really are not interested. The main interest will be the commonwealth games in 2014 were we will have a Scottish Team competing.

I agree with Robbie, you're narrow-minded (which I already knew). It may be the London Olympics but it's being hosted across Britain and by Britain. We're not independent yet! (Thankfully)
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 08:37 PM »

^These people make my blood boil Haze. hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #28 on: April 24, 2012, 02:27 AM »

To be honest the Olympics mean nothing to us in Scotland. They are sending 5 women teams to play football in Hampden Park. Only 10% of the tickets have been sold I am afraid people here are really are not interested. The main interest will be the commonwealth games in 2014 were we will have a Scottish Team competing.
Speak for yourself LB.  If the Olympics mean nothing to people in Scotland, then why are so many Scots, like Andy, competing in them?  And if you care to check the medals' records over the past decades you will find plenty of Scots in there who have won medals for GREAT BRITAIN and been proud to do so.  Your attitude therefore is downright insulting.

As for the Commonwealth Games - this is a minor 2nd rate sporting event these days thanks to the shrinking number of countries which make up the Commonwealth, and because of this I can see them dying out after the death of the Queen who is probably the only person remotely interested in keeping this archaic body going.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #29 on: April 24, 2012, 03:26 AM »

Speaking as an ex-pat Brit.. I can honestly say you don't know what you have until you don't have it anymore.
I think you (Brits) should be thrilled and proud to be hosting the Olympics. 
Toronto bid and lost in 1996 and 2008, but are potential bidders for 2024 based on how well we host the 2015 Pan Am games, and would give their eye teeth to host the Olympics.
This is an opportunity to showcase all that is good in Britain, and to be proud.
Tennis deserves to be right in the mix of the Olympics.  It is truly a Spartan sport.  2 guys fighting to the 'death' with a cheering/jeering crowd..
Getting back to Andy.. it sounds like the Olympics is a big deal for him too. I wish him a "Golden" year and a slam. No-one deserves it more than him.
And on a personal note, a reclamation of his Canadian Masters Rogers Cup trophy in August..which Nole has 'borowed' for the past year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »