Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What the best outcome for Andy this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

What the best outcome for Andy this year?

(Read 5045 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #60 on: April 25, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Take your own advice and give it a rest. I do not give a toss about London. I am just saying and please do not think that London is the centre of the universe.  Do tell me why those people refuse to move to other cities in the UK because the BBC  wants to diversify program making in different areas. They are leaving all their perks. What about people who have no option and have to move to find work? or do they not matter I am just saying that the media bias is strong. Perhaps if you lived outwith London you might learn not to be so smug in your attitude to other people who do not live there.

Sporting events and stadia development have no economic benefit for the local or national economy so what are you bitter about exactly? It's a political manoeuvre in favour of national unity and pride, clearly aimed at people like you.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #61 on: April 25, 2012, 08:44 PM »

Why not just support Olympics if you love/like it and leave it at that? Why does it have to be which city or which country etc.? It's a sports event something you are supposed to enjoy and not fight about it.

I am not too crazy about it and so I am most likely to avoid it and I am quite happy with my decision (lol) and am going to leave it at that. Why make things so unnecessarily complicated? You know what Einstein said? He said, “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction” :p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #62 on: April 26, 2012, 01:20 AM »

Well at least Wimbledon will still be used for tennis after the Olympics are over, but there does seem to be a lot of controversy about the future of other venues because of the economic climate - more expensive white elephants Britain, and London in particular, does not need - but according to a recent TV documentary the same fate has befallen venues in Beijing and Athens which have just been left to rot.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #63 on: April 26, 2012, 01:37 AM »

Well at least Wimbledon will still be used for tennis after the Olympics are over, but there does seem to be a lot of controversy about the future of other venues because of the economic climate - more expensive white elephants Britain, and London in particular, does not need - but according to a recent TV documentary the same fate has befallen venues in Beijing and Athens which have just been left to rot.

I've just written my Economics dissertation proposal on this topic. yay  The local benefit of one of these facilities roughly equates to the construction of a small supermarket, basically zilch.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #64 on: April 26, 2012, 02:02 AM »

I've just written my Economics dissertation proposal on this topic. yay  The local benefit of one of these facilities roughly equates to the construction of a small supermarket, basically zilch.
You're doing/finishing a degree in Economics? Jesus.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #65 on: April 26, 2012, 12:52 PM »

At best its just a sugar rush for the S E of London.
A very poor area.
I come from London and I couldn't care less about the Olympics.
I honestly think that many Countries often dont really know why they must have it, just that they must.
Anyway whether it is good or bad it will be over pretty soon.
But now that we do I think its important that London puts on a very good show as the world will be watching.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #66 on: April 29, 2012, 10:12 AM »

It would be very interesting to see a cost analysis of the Olympics. I would think the massive outlay couldn't possibly be recuperated. Bet the French are glad they didn't get it!
That being said, I personally really enjoyed some of the events last time.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #67 on: May 14, 2012, 04:58 AM »

I'm really hoping Andy will peak to win Wimbledon this year.... a gold Olympic medal would be the icing on the cake, but to win Wimbledon would be a dream come true for me, and for Andy.
I don't care what other tournament he wins or loses, or whether he's ranked number 4, 1 or 100.... just to win Wimbledon will do it for me... forever..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #68 on: May 14, 2012, 04:50 PM »

At the moment I just want him to get through the rest of the clay-court season in one piece.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #69 on: May 14, 2012, 05:08 PM »

I'm really hoping Andy will peak to win Wimbledon this year.... a gold Olympic medal would be the icing on the cake, but to win Wimbledon would be a dream come true for me, and for Andy.
I don't care what other tournament he wins or loses, or whether he's ranked number 4, 1 or 100.... just to win Wimbledon will do it for me... forever..
I totally agree, I'd settle for any slam this year but Wimbledon would be best.
You have got to hand it to Federer, I thought he was moving downward and now he is number 2. I said recently on this forum if Andy is to finish higher than number 4 this year, it will be at the expence of Nadal not the Fed.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #70 on: May 14, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Give up tennis and go and play for Arsenal in the new season!!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #71 on: May 15, 2012, 10:27 PM »

Win Wimbledon against Federer.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #72 on: May 16, 2012, 06:34 PM »

He might have to do just that clap
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #73 on: May 17, 2012, 01:05 PM »

To win a major and hopefully against Mr Smug. I would love it to see Mr Smug taken down a peg or two.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #74 on: May 18, 2012, 01:25 AM »

If the back problem, whatever it is, is that bad, then the best thing would be for Andy to get it properly sorted out sometime soon, otherwise we might not be seeing much of anything this year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »