Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What the best outcome for Andy this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Reply
Author

What the best outcome for Andy this year?

(Read 3713 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #90 on: May 19, 2012, 02:16 PM »

I would love Andy to forget the clay court season for this year after all he can come back next year.  If he rested and played Queens that would give him enough time to properly rest and come back for the grass and hard court seasons, fitter and fresher than the other players also it maybe enough to give him the hunger for tennis that imo he is losing over the past few weeks.

Federer just took 6 weeks off. Did him no harm.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #91 on: May 19, 2012, 03:59 PM »

I think Andy was so proud last year of being one of a only a very few players to reach the semi-finals of the 4 Slams in one year. He's reached the semi of the AO already this year so he is on 5 in a row. He will be absolutely desperate to keep this run going and reach the semis of the French.  6 in a row? That must be a very exclusive club indeed.  He'll need a good draw and he'll need to raise his game but its definetly possible. And at Wimbledon and the US Open he would be strongly fancied to reach the semis. So Andy is probably targetting another 4 semis this year and I don't know how many players have done the 4 two years running. Federer I think yes but anyone else?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #92 on: May 19, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Someone posted the other day (can't find the relevant post but something along the lines of `overtraining' creating physical problems' and I have often thought this might be the case.  Difficult to criticise however as he is surrounded by `experts'.....or is it his choice. 
Andy is as stubborn as a mule, so I sometimes wonder just how far he listens to those around him.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #93 on: May 19, 2012, 05:19 PM »

I think Andy was so proud last year of being one of a only a very few players to reach the semi-finals of the 4 Slams in one year. He's reached the semi of the AO already this year so he is on 5 in a row. He will be absolutely desperate to keep this run going and reach the semis of the French.  6 in a row? That must be a very exclusive club indeed.  He'll need a good draw and he'll need to raise his game but its definetly possible. And at Wimbledon and the US Open he would be strongly fancied to reach the semis. So Andy is probably targetting another 4 semis this year and I don't know how many players have done the 4 two years running. Federer I think yes but anyone else?
Don't you just love this guy.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #94 on: May 19, 2012, 05:57 PM »

There is more to Andy's lack of success than his back problem.  For quite a few months now he has looked neither happy or driven!  What is the underlying problem I wonder?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #95 on: May 19, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Another post-AO slump (thinly disguised)?

Actually thinking about what you say again, it occurs to me that Andy only seems to be happy and motivated when Lendl's around, like he's using him as a prop, but take that prop away and he's a bit lost.  Fortunately Lendl will be with him this week and for the other two Slams, and possibly even the Olympics, which was the whole idea of Andy taking him on board in the first place.  So if that's the case hopefully we can look forward to a resurgence at RG.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 20, 2012, 12:19 AM ] IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #96 on: May 19, 2012, 06:38 PM »

There's nothing much wrong  with Andy's back. If there was he'd be resting it, especially given the huge tournaments that lie ahead this summer. He'll be fine for the French Open.

As an aside I'd like to see a statue of Federer erected in Leicester Square. He is a tennis god and should be honoured appropriately.

IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #97 on: May 19, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Come on guys lets all take a chill pill. Tennis players are very focused on their bodies to the point of hypochondria and Andy is no different. He has enough people with the right knowledge and experience to advise him and he would not ignore them and risk more harm. He said he was receiving treatment for the back. Can I take you back to the Aussie semi 4 hours no sign of a back problem. He beat Novak in another very long match in feb got to qtrs of two clay tournies and played tough matches. He has a niggle which is probably being agravated by the clay. Please let's not right off the whole year before the second slam has even been played.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #98 on: May 19, 2012, 06:50 PM »

There's nothing much wrong  with Andy's back. If there was he'd be resting it, especially given the huge tournaments that lie ahead this summer. He'll be fine for the French Open.

As an aside I'd like to see a statue of Federer erected in Leicester Square. He is a tennis god and should be honoured appropriately.
I trust that is a joke?  doh

Oh and on the basis of what great medical wisdom do you say there's nothing wrong with Andy's back?  Back problems come in various forms and you have no idea what the problem is with his.  So are you accusing him of lying just like your namesake?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #99 on: May 19, 2012, 06:50 PM »

There's nothing much wrong  with Andy's back. If there was he'd be resting it, especially given the huge tournaments that lie ahead this summer. He'll be fine for the French Open.

Are you AK400 in disguise by any chance?

Why on earth would the British want a statue of Federer in what I assume you mean Trafalgar Square?  How many Brits anyway outside of tennis have ever heard of him let alone respect his achievements. 

Come on guys lets all take a chill pill. Tennis players are very focused on their bodies to the point of hypochondria and Andy is no different. He has enough people with the right knowledge and experience to advise him and he would not ignore them and risk more harm. He said he was receiving treatment for the back. Can I take you back to the Aussie semi 4 hours no sign of a back problem. He beat Novak in another very long match in feb got to qtrs of two clay tournies and played tough matches. He has a niggle which is probably being agravated by the clay. Please let's not right off the whole year before the second slam has even been played.
And he won Brisbane and got to the final of Dubai as well as Miami.  The first sign of any problem was in his match against Raonich in Barcelona when he clutched his back after stretching for a difficult return - and that's why it was generally assumed that that was when the injury occurred.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 19, 2012, 06:59 PM ] IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #100 on: May 19, 2012, 07:02 PM »

And he won Brisbane and got to the final of Dubai as well as Miami.  The first sign of any problem was in his match against Raonich in Barcelona when he clutched his back after stretching for a difficult return - and that's why it was generally assumed that that was when the injury occurred.

And maybe it was? Don't suppose we will ever know or indeed need to know he will be fine.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #101 on: May 19, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Here's a mugshot of Federer that should be kicked on a daily basis here. Hope you like and appreciate the idea.

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #102 on: May 19, 2012, 07:26 PM »

There is more to Andy's lack of success than his back problem.  For quite a few months now he has looked neither happy or driven!  What is the underlying problem I wonder?

It could be a motivational problem. Maybe its a subconscious thing and he doesn't even realise it himself. Andy is really only interested in the Slams now in my opinion. So let's he can show last years clay court form at the French Open this year perform at least to his seeding.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #103 on: May 19, 2012, 08:57 PM »

His dogs want to help Andy win in Paris.Maggie May tweeted this photo and that they were in Paris.

* AtQ4mx4CQAArY_1 (1).jpg (103.86 KB, 600x800 - viewed 166 times.)
[ Last edit by michelle May 19, 2012, 09:04 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What the best outcome for Andy this year? « Reply #104 on: May 20, 2012, 12:18 AM »

^ Aw that's so cute!  Thanks Michelle.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »