Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 17016 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #255 on: February 22, 2013, 02:40 AM »

Re the unidientified object in bagging area- what do they expect us to do with handbags, brollies, shopping from other shops - sit in the aisle for someone to trip over? And the voice is so infuriating - like it's telling off a 6 year old.

It's when every second item offends it and insists you wait to be checked by staff, meanwhile a red light flashes over your head and everyone wonders what you have bought that  is holding up the queue - and it's usually because it's 'too light' eg hankies or some other similarly ridiclous reason.  Or when it practically yells at you because you haven't bagged an item - I want to yell back - your screen just told me I bought a newspaper, you know that's all I bought - why would I want a bag! Especially when the manned checkouts are tring to discourage you taking bags.

OOh, didn't realise I felt so strongly!
I not only regularly tell these things to eff off but have running conversations with them as well.  Some customers have been known to find me amusing, but I find nothing amusing about it.  If I've done a big shop and feel I haven't the strength to stand up to these machines then I just wait in the queue for the normal checkouts.

Don't even get me started on their reluctance to give you bags!!! Grrrr Frown I was in one of the supermarkets ( can't mind which one) bought a fair bit of shopping- - maybe about £80 worth, 2 bags she handed me! 2 BLOODY BAGS!!!! Now I'm all for saving the environment but what was I supposed to do to get the rest of my shopping home??? Balance it on my head. They are paper thin also, if you put 2 loo rolls & a newspaper in it it rips!!
I usually go to Tesco where you can have any number of bags you want for free.  M&S on the other hand charge 5p per bag.  I do have my own shopping bag but invariably need more.  I give all the Tesco and M&S ones to a friend who uses them to put his used cat litter in.

We are really 'green' here. Recycling, green-bag food waste bags, reuseable cotton grocery bags, etc.
It took a little bit of time to get used to, but now I am like a Green Warrior when I see anyone using plastic bags and throwing their food and garbage in regular garbage bins.
Yes, Linda - Edinburgh has recycling bins too, and I used to use them religiously, but ever since I discovered that all that's happening to this recyclable material is that it's simply piling up and piling up in a large local landfill area with nothing being done with it, I don't bother.
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #256 on: February 22, 2013, 08:43 AM »

I not only regularly tell these things to eff off but have running conversations with them as well.  Some customers have been known to find me amusing, but I find nothing amusing about it.  If I've done a big shop and feel I haven't the strength to stand up to these machines then I just wait in the queue for the normal checkouts.

I usually go to Tesco where you can have any number of bags you want for free.  M&S on the other hand charge 5p per bag.  I do have my own shopping bag but invariably need more.  I give all the Tesco and M&S ones to a friend who uses them to put his used cat litter in.

Yes, Linda - Edinburgh has recycling bins too, and I used to use them religiously, but ever since I discovered that all that's happening to this recyclable material is that it's simply piling up and piling up in a large local landfill area with nothing being done with it, I don't bother.

agreed Aileen i too do all of the above but if we dont put out recycling we have our house written down and get charged 25 pounds it outragious bin men spying now with pda s talk about big brother we have neigbours who are affraida bout not to  put any out
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #257 on: February 22, 2013, 10:34 PM »

agreed Aileen i too do all of the above but if we dont put out recycling we have our house written down and get charged 25 pounds it outragious bin men spying now with pda s talk about big brother we have neigbours who are affraida bout not to  put any out
I think that's ridiculous.  Another example of the government telling us what we should and shouldn't do.  Fortunately I live in a an area which is all blocks of flats so the bins, including the reclycling ones, are communal street wheelie bins, therefore it would be impossible for the Council to police us.  I'm not sure that they hand out penalties for this anyway.

However the latest bright idea from the City of Edinburgh Council is to slap people who put out too much rubbish with a £50 penalty by tagging bags, and that not only will the binmen refuse to pick up bags left beside full wheelie bins but they will also refuse to empty bins which are so full that the lid can't be closed.  The logic behind this totally defeats me since rubbish will only build up and attract vermin, and anyway this will only lead to fly-tipping as residents attempt to get rid of excess rubbish.  Also surely it makes sense that a family of four is going to have more rubbish than a couple with no children?

Bascially the fault lies with the Council who, some years ago, reduced the number of food bin collections from twice to once a week, and who recently changed the collection of recycling bins from one week to two weeks.  Add to that the lack of incentive to recycle as a result of their failure to do anything about landfill sites overflowing with recyclables, so into Room 101 goes the City of Edinburgh Council!
[ Last edit by Aileen February 22, 2013, 10:38 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #258 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04 PM »

^ offtopic
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #259 on: February 22, 2013, 11:44 PM »

Oh we know,     imsorry   just needed a little rant - and isn't it nice to know MWorlders are doing their bit to save the planet as well as giving Andy our full hearted support! Maybe we need a regular room 101 thread too!

To get back on topic - rambling commentators can go into room 101 - particularly on radio cos they can go on for ages without telling you what the score is - and because it's clearly contagious to us!  :p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #260 on: February 23, 2013, 01:39 AM »

Oh we know,     imsorry   just needed a little rant - and isn't it nice to know MWorlders are doing their bit to save the planet as well as giving Andy our full hearted support! Maybe we need a regular room 101 thread too!

To get back on topic - rambling commentators can go into room 101 - particularly on radio cos they can go on for ages without telling you what the score is - and because it's clearly contagious to us!  :p
Heck - all threads go off-topic from time to time, and Elly should know that by now.  LOL

I never listen to tennis on the radio because it would drive me nuts.  Of course we had no option back in the 'Dark Ages' when owning a TV wasn't the norm and PCs weren't invented, so we just accepted it.  Come to think of it, though - I understand that in the early years of MW livestreaming wasn't around, so if you couldn't watch a match on telly you had to be content with livescoring, and that really is agony.  I know, because I didn't even own a computer until four years ago.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 23, 2013, 01:45 AM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #261 on: February 23, 2013, 09:36 AM »

There isn't much tennis on the radio but when it's Wimbledon time I have 5 live on when driving home from work - and can be in the car listening for over 10 mins before I can work out the score on the match they are following. Prefer when they are chatting giving opinions and give round up of results and latest scores. Worst was during US open final, my tv went off for about 15 mins in 5th set and I put radio on - ended up frantically texting my brother to get the score. I'm glad to say my tv problems resolved themselves in time!!! (it would seem that in the tension of the moment I had inadvertently leaned on something on the remote which caused the signal to disappear)
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #262 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09 AM »

Ooh my god westie I would have totally freaked out if that happened to me!  Hope your bro is a tennis fan and wasn't in bed sleeping lol, must have been about 2am at that point.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #263 on: February 23, 2013, 10:11 AM »

Ha ha - and yes I seriously freaked out - tho silently in respect to neighbours. I knew my bro was up watching and suffering the same palpitations as us!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #264 on: February 24, 2013, 12:41 AM »

David Ferrer and his horrible vulturing ways.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #265 on: February 24, 2013, 12:41 AM »

David Ferrer and his horrible vulturing ways.

Stan the Man will kick the midget tomorrow.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #266 on: February 24, 2013, 12:44 AM »

Fedtards again.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #267 on: February 24, 2013, 02:50 AM »

Pimms Brigade, and anyone who thinks tennis only happens once a year at Wimbledon.. where, of course (in their blinkered-eyes-view) Andy is a 'loser.'
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #268 on: February 24, 2013, 02:54 AM »

All the people making threads on these forums regarding every player currently on tour.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #269 on: February 24, 2013, 03:48 AM »

Netcord balls because they're so unfair.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »