Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 17129 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 06:20 PM »

I would put Milos Raonic in, i have no issue with him personally, i just don't like his game, in fact i really destest servebots in gerneral, they can all go in.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I would put Milos Raonic in, i have no issue with him personally, i just don't like his game, in fact i really destest servebots in gerneral, they can all go in.
Servebots are not fun to watch from a spectator point of view - However, they are capitalising on their strength to win the match.  They need the 'whole' gambit in order to compete at a reasonable level.  But - yeah - I get what you're saying - I too would banish them.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Personally, I like the all-white dress code. Something different from the rest of the tournaments.
Agree 100% with that, and it really does make the players look 'professional' too.

I think most of what I'd put in a tennis room has already been said - however I wouldn't put the people who smile and wave idiotically when they know the camera is on them, or the lovey-dovey couples, but the camera-men themselves.  Who's interested? - And it's even worse when they focus on players being treated for injuries (real or feigned).  Not only did Andy's poor blistered foot make me feel physically sick, but I do feel that there should be some degree of privacy here, even although the b*****ds who take time-outs when they're losing thoroughly deserve the publicity.  Three major hates though - Nadal's bum tugging, Djoko's apeman celebrations, plus Tommy Haas and others who accuse Andy of faking injuries.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 08, 2013, 06:55 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 06:49 PM »

I'm glad someone thought that was funny lol.

Loved it - Judy would need a pair too - though she could easily put someones eye out in her enthusiasm. Just think what fun we could have coming up with some 'cheers' for them!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00 PM »

Yes, I agree with that too. Mind you, it was a nightmare in the 80s at times, entire matches of nothing but aces. How that didn't kill the game I will never know. Thank God for players like Andy, who balance power with flair.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 07:03 PM »

Loved it - Judy would need a pair too - though she could easily put someones eye out in her enthusiasm. Just think what fun we could have coming up with some 'cheers' for them!

I was going to say Kim and Judy funnily enough, but the mental image made me laugh too much! I'm sure we could have some fun with making up some 'cheers' for them lol.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Both Nadal and Djokovic are annoying with the number of times they bounce the ball before serving. They seem to take far longer than anyone else apart from Del Potro who moves like a giant sloth.

Rolex ads, and people who shout c'mon Tim. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013, 12:04 AM »

I'd put Judy Murray in Room 101. I don't mind the woman but I'm sick of close ups on her face.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 12:07 AM »

I'd put Judy Murray in Room 101. I don't mind the woman but I'm sick of close ups on her face.
lol 
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55 AM »

Both Nadal and Djokovic are annoying with the number of times they bounce the ball before serving. They seem to take far longer than anyone else apart from Del Potro who moves like a giant sloth.

Rolex ads, and people who shout c'mon Tim. Rolling Eyes

Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 01:08 AM »

At the risk of being obvious, I have to say it, Smugfed would have to go in.

Joining him should be Simon Reed and Mats Wilander, with Virginia Wade making up a commentating threesome - gross thought, but there we are lol.

Spectators during matches who suddenly realise the cameras are on them and feel compelled to wave like a loon, just for the hell of it. Someone please explain to the morons that we aren't watching them, we're watching the match!

Nadal's underwear. I mean, is it normal for one bloke to have to keep pulling the damned things out of his backside?

roflmao so right TJ as always.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 01:18 AM »

He does tend to always be fickering with his punts - someone should get him a new pair,,,
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 05:13 AM »

Rolex ads

I forgot that. That should go in as well. yes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 09:37 AM »

Commentators who go totally OTT in their praise of Fed and conveniently ignore his many backhand shanks. In these matches they tend to ignore whoever he's playing - as if they're just a spectator in the Fed show.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 09:57 AM »

Agree 100% with that, and it really does make the players look 'professional' too.

I think most of what I'd put in a tennis room has already been said - however I wouldn't put the people who smile and wave idiotically when they know the camera is on them, or the lovey-dovey couples, but the camera-men themselves.  Who's interested? - And it's even worse when they focus on players being treated for injuries (real or feigned).  Not only did Andy's poor blistered foot make me feel physically sick, but I do feel that there should be some degree of privacy here, even although the b*****ds who take time-outs when they're losing thoroughly deserve the publicity.  Three major hates though - Nadal's bum tugging, Djoko's apeman celebrations, plus Tommy Haas and others who accuse Andy of faking injuries.

:O Don't dislike the Haas man!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »