Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 16621 times)
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 01:42 PM »

I decided to extend my list:

Djokovic's hair helmet, Andy's yellow O2 shorts (that entire outfit tbh), chest hair, MTO's used as gamesmanship, tards, injury excuses, wind excuses, excuses in general, Tommy Haas, people labeling Andy a pusher, French crowds, the Wimbledon crowd, rain delays, rain, the USTA, GS scheduling, Andy's 2nd serve, Djokovic's slice (ugliest shot in Tennis IMO), Djokovic's overheads, shanks, choking, blisters, double faults, Andy playing passively, shirt-ripping,  excessive celebrations in general, arrogance, Bernard Tomic, the term GOAT, GOAT discussions, degrading nicknames, the 'Vulture Theory' and the MTF posters associated with it, ridiculous Ferrer hate, MTF, doping allegations without proof, people trying to justify their hate by saying they 'like' that particular player, weak era theorists

I was bored...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013, 01:44 PM »

Djokovic's hair helmet, Andy's yellow O2 shorts (that entire outfit tbh), chest hair, MTO's used as gamesmanship, tards, injury excuses, wind excuses, excuses in general, Tommy Haas, people labeling Andy a pusher, French crowds, the Wimbledon crowd, rain delays, rain, the USTA, GS scheduling, Andy's 2nd serve, Djokovic's slice (ugliest shot in Tennis IMO), Djokovic's overheads, shanks, choking, blisters, double faults, Andy playing passively, chest pumping, shirt-ripping,  excessive celebrations in general, arrogance, Bernard Tomic, the term GOAT, GOAT discussions, degrading nicknames, the 'Vulture Theory' and the MTF posters associated with it, ridiculous Ferrer hate, MTF, doping allegations without proof, people trying to justify their hate by saying they 'like' that particular player, weak era theorists

I was bored...
roflmao  Good for you! 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46 PM »

Djokovic's hair helmet, Andy's yellow O2 shorts (that entire outfit tbh), chest hair, MTO's used as gamesmanship, tards, injury excuses, wind excuses, excuses in general, Tommy Haas, people labeling Andy a pusher, French crowds, the Wimbledon crowd, rain delays, rain, the USTA, GS scheduling, Andy's 2nd serve, Djokovic's slice (ugliest shot in Tennis IMO), Djokovic's overheads, shanks, choking, blisters, double faults, Andy playing passively, shirt-ripping,  excessive celebrations in general, arrogance, Bernard Tomic, the term GOAT, GOAT discussions, degrading nicknames, the 'Vulture Theory' and the MTF posters associated with it, ridiculous Ferrer hate, MTF, doping allegations without proof, people trying to justify their hate by saying they 'like' that particular player, weak era theorists

I was bored...

Don't hold back there will you lol.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013, 01:56 PM »

STOP HATING ON HAAS! THE GUY'S A BEAST!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #79 on: February 10, 2013, 02:23 PM »

STOP HATING ON HAAS! THE GUY'S A BEAST!

Not hating on him.
[ Last edit by silver lining February 23, 2013, 06:47 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #80 on: February 10, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Rafa's old  underpants maybe someone will give him money to buy some new one's that fit. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #81 on: February 10, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Rafa's old  underpants maybe someone will give him money to buy some new one's that fit. Rolling Eyes
lol  So funny!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #82 on: February 10, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Djokovic's hair helmet, Andy's yellow O2 shorts (that entire outfit tbh), chest hair, MTO's used as gamesmanship, tards, injury excuses, wind excuses, excuses in general, Tommy Haas, people labeling Andy a pusher, French crowds, the Wimbledon crowd, rain delays, rain, the USTA, GS scheduling, Andy's 2nd serve, Djokovic's slice (ugliest shot in Tennis IMO), Djokovic's overheads, shanks, choking, blisters, double faults, Andy playing passively, shirt-ripping,  excessive celebrations in general, arrogance, Bernard Tomic, the term GOAT, GOAT discussions, degrading nicknames, the 'Vulture Theory' and the MTF posters associated with it, ridiculous Ferrer hate, MTF, doping allegations without proof, people trying to justify their hate by saying they 'like' that particular player, weak era theorists

I was bored...

Great list! Agree with nearly everything you've written there (am ambivalent towards Tommy Haas and like Tomic despite his faults).

MTF in particular should stay in Room 101. It's ridiculous how nearly every thread descends into insults between fanboys/girls and stupid nicknames for players. It's a shame that MTF is like this really as the concept of a general tennis forum is a good one.

I'd also put the Wimbledon ballot in there - it's very unfair how many people enter every year and fail to get tickets. I was trying for years before I was successful. Putting tickets on general sale would be a much better system - doubt it'll ever happen though!

Former British players offering advice to Andy (via the newspapers) when he loses in a slam - hopefully now that he's won one they'll pipe down a little.

All the empty corporate seats at the Olympic tennis - those seats could have gone to genuine tennis fans.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #83 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43 PM »

Great list! Agree with nearly everything you've written there (am ambivalent towards Tommy Haas and like Tomic despite his faults).

MTF in particular should stay in Room 101. It's ridiculous how nearly every thread descends into insults between fanboys/girls and stupid nicknames for players. It's a shame that MTF is like this really as the concept of a general tennis forum is a good one.

I'd also put the Wimbledon ballot in there - it's very unfair how many people enter every year and fail to get tickets. I was trying for years before I was successful. Putting tickets on general sale would be a much better system - doubt it'll ever happen though!

Former British players offering advice to Andy (via the newspapers) when he loses in a slam - hopefully now that he's won one they'll pipe down a little.

All the empty corporate seats at the Olympic tennis - those seats could have gone to genuine tennis fans.
Totally agree re the empty seats. I, for one, would have loved to have been there.  
[ Last edit by Elly February 10, 2013, 02:48 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #84 on: February 10, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Money can buy almost everything. I agree about the corporate seats, it's time that British tennis had a good shake up and some new blood. It is run by a lot of people who have no concept of changing with the times and full of snobs who do not want any change.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #85 on: February 10, 2013, 02:51 PM »

I entered the Wimbledon ballot for the first time last year. I was successful. If that makes you feel any better Katie.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #86 on: February 10, 2013, 02:52 PM »

I entered the Wimbledon ballot for the first time last year. I was successful. If that makes you feel any better Katie.
I was wondering how that works?  Any chance of talking me through it?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #87 on: February 10, 2013, 02:56 PM »

I was wondering how that works?  Any chance of talking me through it?

I entered through my tennis training camp. It gave me a slight advantage. Basically you can sign up online or go to a local tennis centre and put your name down on the list they have. All tennis centre's get a list. If you are successful you either get a phone call or email for confirmation and then they send the tickets to the address you add on to the list. Its fairly simple.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #88 on: February 10, 2013, 03:01 PM »

I entered through my tennis training camp. It gave me a slight advantage. Basically you can sign up online or go to a local tennis centre and put your name down on the list they have. All tennis centre's get a list. If you are successful you either get a phone call or email for confirmation and then they send the tickets to the address you add on to the list. Its fairly simple.
Thanks for that.  I do think to see him there would be fab.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #89 on: February 10, 2013, 03:29 PM »

I was bored...

Long list and yet neither SmugFed nor his obnoxious fans made the list. Even Andy himself made the list twice.  shocking

Anyway, when you say 'weak era theorists' do you mean now? Or do you mean some other specific time? Just curious to find out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »