Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 17116 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #90 on: February 10, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Thanks for that.  I do think to see him there would be fab.

Elly there is other ways to get tickets for Wimbledon.. Either queue up overnight or use ticketmasters sale I think it's 8pm the night before each day of play Smile. I plan to use one of those methods this year if I don't get tickets.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #91 on: February 10, 2013, 04:06 PM »

Elly there is other ways to get tickets for Wimbledon.. Either queue up overnight or use ticketmasters sale I think it's 8pm the night before each day of play Smile. I plan to use one of those methods this year if I don't get tickets.
I'm a bit long in the tooth for the queuing.  I'm very lucky to have seen him live at all - but Wimbly is a mouthwatering prospect!  Thanks for the guidance - I may well look at ticket masters sale. 
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #92 on: February 10, 2013, 04:40 PM »

I entered the Wimbledon ballot for the first time last year. I was successful. If that makes you feel any better Katie.

That's really good that you were successful first time! Smile

I'm a bit long in the tooth for the queuing.  I'm very lucky to have seen him live at all - but Wimbly is a mouthwatering prospect!  Thanks for the guidance - I may well look at ticket masters sale. 

I got tickets in the ballot and also ended up queuing for a ground pass the evening before. If you go down after 5pm the ground passes are reduced in price and you can still see some good matches. We only queued for about 30-45 minutes then. Once inside there was the option of queuing up again for centre/court 1 tickets but I didn't fancy the long wait (I'm a very impatient queuer!) But there's usually lots of good matches on the outside courts, especially in the first few rounds.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #93 on: February 10, 2013, 04:47 PM »

That's really good that you were successful first time! Smile

I got tickets in the ballot and also ended up queuing for a ground pass the evening before. If you go down after 5pm the ground passes are reduced in price and you can still see some good matches. We only queued for about 30-45 minutes then. Once inside there was the option of queuing up again for centre/court 1 tickets but I didn't fancy the long wait (I'm a very impatient queuer!) But there's usually lots of good matches on the outside courts, especially in the first few rounds.
Hmmm - I think I've been a wee bit spoiled having seen the best of players in Dubai - and not expensive and no queuing (apart from to buy the tickets, and my sister did that!)  I think I'll wait to win the lottery and 'do Wimbledon' in style!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #94 on: February 10, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Hmmm - I think I've been a wee bit spoiled having seen the best of players in Dubai - and not expensive and no queuing (apart from to buy the tickets, and my sister did that!)  I think I'll wait to win the lottery and 'do Wimbledon' in style!  Very Happy

Dubai sounds great! Always a quality field there. Smile I've yet to see any top 8 player - it was James Ward/Mardy Fish on court 1 when I went (with Andy playing at the same time on centre, how I wished I had centre court tickets!). Managed to get a glimpse of Delpo over the heads of the crowd outside his court but that was about it! But I still really enjoyed the day - Wimbledon definitely has a very special atmosphere. Hoping to go to Queens this year and to finally get to see Andy play. Smile
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #95 on: February 10, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Azarenka's shrieking.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #96 on: February 10, 2013, 05:10 PM »

^ Can't be worse than Sharapova??

I'd put the Williams brothers in there - although would need the help of a crane to shift Serena...  Embarassed
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #97 on: February 10, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Long list and yet neither SmugFed nor his obnoxious fans made the list. Even Andy himself made the list twice.  shocking

Anyway, when you say 'weak era theorists' do you mean now? Or do you mean some other specific time? Just curious to find out.

The thing is, I don't care about Fed or his opinions all that much. I did mention people calling Andy a pusher and tards in general so that covers horrible fans of all players. Besides, I don't see the need to buy into the ridiculous Federer hate on here.

Now, when Fed was in his prime or the nineties, your pick, depending on one's idol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #98 on: February 10, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Azarenka's shrieking.

More like Errani's!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #99 on: February 10, 2013, 06:02 PM »

I'd put the whole WTA in...  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #100 on: February 10, 2013, 10:36 PM »

The thing is, I don't care about Fed or his opinions all that much. I did mention people calling Andy a pusher and tards in general so that covers horrible fans of all players. Besides, I don't see the need to buy into the ridiculous Federer hate on here.

Now, when Fed was in his prime or the nineties, your pick, depending on one's idol.

I am more interested in your pick. However, there was never a weak era discussion in the 90s btw.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #101 on: February 10, 2013, 11:02 PM »

I am more interested in your pick. However, there was never a weak era discussion in the 90s btw.

I don't have a pick, considering I'm not a weak era theorist.

They are calling the 90s a weak era now, in order to make Djokovic and co look better, same goes for people calling 2004-2007 a weak era, because Federer won everything. Tards of retired players like calling the current era weak. They say the Top 4 win everything because the rest of the field are all scrubs.
[ Last edit by silver lining February 11, 2013, 12:03 AM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #102 on: February 10, 2013, 11:07 PM »

Journalists who know nothing about tennis voicing vociferous opinions come June when they 'discover' the sport of tennis, people who call out when players are serving and the French crown when they keep going with the booing and jeering and hold up play.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #103 on: February 10, 2013, 11:11 PM »

people who call out when players are serving

Except for whoever it was that called "out" during the USO final and ended up being right!I don't know who it was,and I can't remember if they were ever identified,but I could have kissed them!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #104 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure the line judge called it, but it got lost in the noise from the crowd. It would appear Garner got confused in the moment. If you look at some fan videos it looks like the line judge makes the signal for 'long'.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »