Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 14874 times)
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #120 on: February 11, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Oh cmon that really isn't a valid argument Smile If Andy had won IW for the last 5 years, he would still be promoted behind Federer and Nadal, likewise if Federer had been knocked out of every first round for the last 5 years he would still be promoted higher than Andy, and even if Andy was number 2 in the world, Federer and Nadal would be promoted higher.

If you think about it, if both Federer and Nadal were outside the top ten they most likely would be promoted higher, this is my issue.... The tennis watching community seems to have lately swung towards the Fedal era being over and the new boys in town Murray and Djoko taking their place, but tennis tournaments around the world have not cottoned onto this fact, even journalists have stated that they think this is where the future of tennis lies, heck i even saw a quote on a forum the other day calling this the Muzzovic era Smile

It is kind of valid, when the guy hasn't won a round for 2 years and not even come close to reaching a QF in 3 years.

Besides, Federer and Nadal are still bigger draws as it stands, like it or not. The ATP has usually named Andy before Rafa in articles talking about the Big 4, ever since he's been ranked above him. Hence, they haven't even included Rafa in their video intro. What is so horrible about him being somewhat of an underdog? It makes victory even sweeter. As Nadal said, maybe it's not time to bury Fedal just yet. Federer is still ranked ahead of Andy and the defending champion there, so it's only natural that he gets more promotion. When/If Andy wins more slams and gets to number 2, I'm sure he will get more recognition. It all takes time. Djokovic had to live in their shadow for years as well and no one was talking about a Big 3 until after Wimbledon 2011, although Djokovic won his first slam in 2008.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #121 on: February 11, 2013, 03:37 PM »

The USTA should be in there for a few reasons. 1) Piss poor scheduling at the US Open. 2) Not training their talents properly, they're as bad as the LTA, I don't see an American winning a slam for a long time. 3) Not giving the legendary Donald Young the tools he needed to succeed at pro level, after his successful junior career.

What is it with you and Donald Young, or am I missing some sarcasm lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #122 on: February 11, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Aye, at the time I wasn't really thinking about anything other than THREE CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS. It was at that point I actually finally relaxed and knew he had done it.

So it was just me who was sobbing my little heart out at 4-2 up in the fifth because I knew Andy had got it then? Lol.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #123 on: February 11, 2013, 03:46 PM »

So it was just me who was sobbing my little heart out at 4-2 up in the fifth because I knew Andy had got it then? Lol.

I feel ashamed to admit it but I had some tears in my eyes when he won  lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #124 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51 PM »

I feel ashamed to admit it but I had some tears in my eyes when he won  lol

Don't be ashamed, it was fabulous lol. Besides, if I can feel no shame (well, not much lol) at peeing myself when I screamed when Andy got to five all in the fifth at the AO last year against Djokovic, a few little tears mean zilch lol.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #125 on: February 11, 2013, 03:53 PM »

No shame in letting it all out. I felt like crying when Andy won it was like the dam bust and what a great feeling it was.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #126 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58 PM »

It is kind of valid, when the guy hasn't won a round for 2 years and not even come close to reaching a QF in 3 years.

Besides, Federer and Nadal are still bigger draws as it stands, like it or not. The ATP has usually named Andy before Rafa in articles talking about the Big 4, ever since he's been ranked above him. Hence, they haven't even included Rafa in their video intro. What is so horrible about him being somewhat of an underdog? It makes victory even sweeter. As Nadal said, maybe it's not time to bury Fedal just yet. Federer is still ranked ahead of Andy and the defending champion there, so it's only natural that he gets more promotion. When/If Andy wins more slams and gets to number 2, I'm sure he will get more recognition. It all takes time. Djokovic had to live in their shadow for years as well and no one was talking about a Big 3 until after Wimbledon 2011, although Djokovic won his first slam in 2008.

I think i'll just hush up because the point is being missed entirely
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #127 on: February 11, 2013, 04:02 PM »

What is it with you and Donald Young, or am I missing some sarcasm lol.

It's sarcasm :P
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #128 on: February 11, 2013, 04:18 PM »

I think i'll just hush up because the point is being missed entirely

Not really, I just think you are getting worked up over nothing.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #129 on: February 11, 2013, 07:56 PM »

Roger Draper. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #130 on: February 11, 2013, 08:05 PM »

All of Smugfed's videos
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #131 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Yeah, same here! I knew that the match was his once he got those MPs..
I didn't ... I was still afraid it could all go pear-shaped, but by then I was such a bundle of nerves that anxiety was in full flow.

All of Smugfed's videos
And the ones produced by his ever-doting fans, like the one I came across today "Federer the Tennis God".

Come to think of it, I'd like to put all those fans in there too. 
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #132 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06 PM »

John Mcenroe for talking when points are being played instead of waiting for it them finish, usually about himself.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #133 on: February 11, 2013, 09:07 PM »

I didn't believe it till I seen Novak going over to the net to shake his hand!! Kept thinking there was gonna be a challenge or something would spoil it, I was down on the floor at this point with my head in my hands, Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #134 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19 AM »

^ At that point I just dissolved into floods of tears.  My poor laptop needed an umbrella!

John Mcenroe for talking when points are being played instead of waiting for it them finish, usually about himself.
Johnny Mac isn't alone when it comes to talking while points are being played - all the American comms I've heard do it (have you ever heard motor-mouth Brad Gilbert?), also Frew McMillan and that irritating English guy (I think his name is Chris) who's usually with him, and Mats Wilander, who also loves taking trips down memory lane about his own matches.  So they can ALL go into the room.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »