Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 12725 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #180 on: February 17, 2013, 07:02 PM »

I think perhaps he will need to change his style as it must be very hard on his knees. I agree about Uncle Toni he looks really intimidating I would'nt like him to be training my kids I think he would be a really tough taskmaster. As others have said making Rafa play left handed must have been very hard for him. I must admit I think it is going to be very hard for him unless he tries to play in a different style. Send Uncle Toni to tennis room 101.
I already did, LB. Smile   Also I don't trust him.  He looks a bit shifty to me.

I've just watched the Nadal/Nalbandian final (which Nadal won) and listened to what my comm said was the longest wait he'd ever known players to have before trophies are presented.  I wouldn't disagree with him Rolling Eyes and have always felt that these speeches are unnecessarily long anyway, which must be particularly hard for the loser who probably wants to get off the court as quickly as possible, so I'm consigning these speeches into room 101.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #181 on: February 17, 2013, 07:07 PM »

I already did, LB. Smile   Also I don't trust him.  He looks a bit shifty to me.

I've just watched the Nadal/Nalbandian final (which Nadal won) and listened to what my comm said was the longest wait he'd ever known players to have before trophies are presented.  I wouldn't disagree with him Rolling Eyes and have always felt that these speeches are unnecessarily long anyway, which must be particularly hard for the loser who probably wants to get off the court as quickly as possible, so I'm consigning these speeches into room 101.

That Asian dude at the AO extended his speech too long. Idiot sponsers.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #182 on: February 17, 2013, 07:21 PM »

That Asian dude at the AO extended his speech too long. Idiot sponsers.
I don't remember that one, but the worst are the ones in the Far East where they follow each speech in the local lingo with an English translation.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #183 on: February 17, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Yep when Andy won the US Open you could see he just wanted to get away and have a nice soak to ease his muscles.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #184 on: February 17, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Fed-worshippers
Rent-a-mob crowds
Nadal's excuses after every loss
Big serve bots

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #185 on: February 18, 2013, 03:26 PM »

It's the other way around. He's right-handed but was forced to play left-handed.

Of course, I stand corrected.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #186 on: February 18, 2013, 03:31 PM »

He certainly does seem suffer from OCD.  I feel sorry for him really because his life must be misery.  David Beckham though is just as bad.  In an interview he gave to ITV last summer he admitted it, saying -

"I've got this obsessive compulsive disorder where I have to have everything in a straight line or everything has to be in pairs. I'll put my Pepsi cans in the fridge and if there's one too many then I'll put it in another cupboard somewhere.  I'll go into a hotel room and before I can relax, I have to move all the leaflets and all the books and put them in a drawer. Everything has to be perfect."

I have to be honest, I have a slight OCD streak. I must drive my carers mad when they change my bedding, because when they make it it has to be done properly, everything lining up right, that sort of thing. I just can't sleep in an untidy bed lol.

That said, with Nadal it all come across as a bit too much. It really does seem to be a coping mechanism, a way of dealing with anxiety I suppose. I must admit that sometimes I think Rafa comes across as a child stuck in a man's body.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #187 on: February 18, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Possibly he is Teejay perhaps he has never had a proper childhood. Uncle Toni would have him on a  practice court as soon as he was big enough to hold a tennis raquet .
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #188 on: February 20, 2013, 08:44 PM »

the stupid tv channels who charge to watch andy play
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #189 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Or change the channel that is showing the match -upsetting folk who are recording the match.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #190 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14 PM »

Or change the channel that is showing the match -upsetting folk who are recording the match.

Exactly!! I got caught out with that in one of Andy's matches at Brisbane Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #191 on: February 20, 2013, 09:18 PM »

My cardio tennis coach who showed up last night with her Brisbane t shirt on with a big pic of Andy on it!!! Gloating about watching him win the trophy, she was there grrrr. Jealous much
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #192 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20 PM »

I want to put Aileen, Emma Jean and Angie in Room 101.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #193 on: February 20, 2013, 09:23 PM »

I want to put that Taylor Swift BRITs performance in Room 101. Dubstep in a Swifty song.. no way.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #194 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25 PM »

I want to put Aileen, Emma Jean and Angie in Room 101.

hammer
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »