Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 13079 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #225 on: February 21, 2013, 09:18 PM »

Trust me, you really don't. He has awful feet. But suit yourself... lol
You shouldn't have reminded me of that, SL. The temptation was too great.
Have a close gander at those tootsies, folks. Very Happy

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #226 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26 PM »

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #227 on: February 21, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Permission to double post that one in the Funny/Interesting things about other players thread, Markie? lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #228 on: February 21, 2013, 09:29 PM »

Emeli can sing. Haters.
Yup.  I've just listened to her on YouTube and she sounds fine to me.  But who on earth invited Paul McCartney to sing at the Olympics' closing ceremony?  His voice was too weak which was rather sad really.

Trust me, you really don't. He has awful feet. But suit yourself... lol

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4qLp_XipOws/SQvFW60X-oI/AAAAAAAADtA/vGFndXDngDU/s400/roger+Federer.jpg
OMG!  shocking

Permission to double post that one in the Funny/Interesting things about other players thread, Markie? lol
No don't - it's bad enough you posted it on this thread which is why I left SL's link alone. Very Happy

[ Last edit by Aileen February 21, 2013, 09:33 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #229 on: February 21, 2013, 09:31 PM »

You shouldn't have reminded me of that, SL. The temptation was too great.

Boak!!! Double boak
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #230 on: February 21, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Boak!!! Double boak
Well he presumably thinks they're wonderful.  Poor Mirka!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #231 on: February 21, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Go ahead dontknow
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #232 on: February 21, 2013, 09:51 PM »

I'm putting all technology that's supposed to make life easier for us but often ends up messing us around into Room 101.

I thinking here particularly of automated telephone services and self-checkouts in supermarkets.  And on the subject of self-checkouts, that irritating automated voice some of them have (Tesco has to be the worst offender for me) which keeps ticking you off  - "Unidentified item in bagging area" - or telling you to do things, like "Please take your change", as if we're likely to forget to do so.  Also, I don't drive, but I've heard plenty of stories about SatNavs that give people sometimes disastrously wrong information,.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 21, 2013, 09:59 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #233 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55 PM »

I'm putting all technology that's supposed to make life easier for us but often ends up messing us around into Room 101.

I thinking here particularly of automated telephone services and self-checkouts in supermarkets.  And on the subject of self-checkouts, that irritating automated voice some of them have (Tesco has to be the worst offender) which keeps tickng you off ("Unidentified item in bagging area") or telling you to do things, like "Please take your change" - as if we're likely to forget!

I am constantly telling them to EFF OFF lol ( as if it can hear me )
[ Last edit by angiebabez February 21, 2013, 10:10 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #234 on: February 21, 2013, 10:01 PM »

I am cindtsntly
I am constantly telling them to EFF OFF lol ( as if it can hear me )
It gives me comfort to know that, because I do the same!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #235 on: February 21, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Lol  Very Happy
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #236 on: February 21, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Re the unidientified object in bagging area- what do they expect us to do with handbags, brollies, shopping from other shops - sit in the aisle for someone to trip over? And the voice is so infuriating - like it's telling off a 6 year old.

It's when every second item offends it and insists you wait to be checked by staff, meanwhile a red light flashes over your head and everyone wonders what you have bought that  is holding up the queue - and it's usually because it's 'too light' eg hankies or some other similarly ridiclous reason.  Or when it practically yells at you because you haven't bagged an item - I want to yell back - your screen just told me I bought a newspaper, you know that's all I bought - why would I want a bag! Especially when the manned checkouts are tring to discourage you taking bags.

OOh, didn't realise I felt so strongly!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #237 on: February 21, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Don't even get me started on their reluctance to give you bags!!! Grrrr Frown I was in one of the supermarkets ( can't mind which one) bought a fair bit of shopping- - maybe about £80 worth, 2 bags she handed me! 2 BLOODY BAGS!!!! Now I'm all for saving the environment but what was I supposed to do to get the rest of my shopping home??? Balance it on my head. They are paper thin also, if you put 2 loo rolls & a newspaper in it it rips!!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #238 on: February 21, 2013, 10:38 PM »

To save space,use the newspaper when read as loo roll.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #239 on: February 21, 2013, 10:44 PM »

We are really 'green' here. Recycling, green-bag food waste bags, reuseable cotton grocery bags, etc.
It took a little bit of time to get used to, but now I am like a Green Warrior when I see anyone using plastic bags and throwing their food and garbage in regular garbage bins.
I'm with a program where I get grocery points each time I use my own reuseable bags. It adds up and is a good incentive.
They tried to introduce a 5 cent charge in stores for each plastic bag people bought, but they've stopped that now.
Most people here definitely are pro-recycling, so it didn't really need to be policed so rigorously.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »