Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 14596 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #285 on: February 24, 2013, 01:43 PM »

I admire Ferrer, no big weapons - physique wrong I guess, always under Rafa's shadow, yet he grafts and grafts and is still at the top of the game in spite of being 30 something. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #286 on: February 24, 2013, 02:23 PM »

I admire Ferrer, no big weapons - physique wrong I guess, always under Rafa's shadow, yet he grafts and grafts and is still at the top of the game in spite of being 30 something. cmon yeah

You make him sound better than I think he is. Smile
I like him but doesnt have that 'wow' factor in him.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #287 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Del Potro is the only one out of the remainder of the Top 10 I can actually see blowing the Top 4 wide open as a pose to he will be ranked in that 4.

I'm not so sure. To me he has weaknesses in his game that are going to be difficult to overcome - movement, reluctance to go to the net, lack of a plan b when his usual gameplan doesn't work.

I can see him reaching the top 4 when Federer declines (and with Rafa's knees he could well not be able to stay in the top 4 consistently either), but Andy and Novak are extremely tough matchups for him because of how well they defend and move. It will be interesting to see Delpo play Andy though - it's been so long now!

But I agree that he seems the most likely top 10 player to next get to the top 4. When his game is clicking (like it was in Rotterdam), he's extremely tough to beat. Watching him win the US Open remains one of my favourite tennis memories - he showed an incredible level that year with a very strong mentality too.

Katie are you Andi-M on MTF by any chance?

No I'm not signed up on MTF - bit too much trolling on there for me. Also, with being an Andy and Ferrer fan, I doubt I'd be popular lol. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #288 on: February 24, 2013, 03:00 PM »

I'd also love to see and Andy/Juan Martin match up. As you say, Katie.. it's been so long. Andy had his number before his injury, and it's great to see him back, but I still feel he hasn't reached complete confidence yet.

As to Wee Scurry Daveed, he has a most respectible H2H with Andy (granted, apart from 2011 WTF his wins were on clay)  and I give him full marks for his dogged determination, and for maximizing his opportunities with the limited tools at his disposal. I wouldn't want Andy to meet him at RG.
I also find him very likeable.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #289 on: February 24, 2013, 04:11 PM »

You have hit the nail on the head Linda. Wimbledon is so stuck up it should be a lot more relaxed and affordable for everyone. To many tickets go to corporate business which are not fully used. It would for the snobs to get real I am sure it would reflect a more equal chance for ordinary people to be interested in tennis.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #290 on: February 24, 2013, 04:13 PM »

You have hit the nail on the head Linda. Wimbledon is so stuck up it should be a lot more relaxed and affordable for everyone. To many tickets go to corporate business which are not fully used. It would for the snobs to get real I am sure it would reflect a more equal chance for ordinary people to be interested in tennis.

172 for my pair of tickets! Clowns.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #291 on: February 24, 2013, 04:15 PM »

172 for my pair of tickets! Clowns.

Me and my father payed 300 last year. I nearly blew my own head off.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #292 on: February 24, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Ah well , maybe next time you won't miss.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #293 on: February 24, 2013, 04:31 PM »

Yet both Berdych and Del Potro have made Slam Finals, and Del Potro has won one....

Of course both Berdych and Del Potro are far better player than Ferrer in terms of tennis not to mention, more capable than Ferrer. Ferrer is just more consistent with much less talent. You can say however that consistency is a talent itself.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #294 on: February 24, 2013, 04:35 PM »

Ferrer basically drains me but that's just my perspective of him. Some other may find him utter thrilling from their perspective.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #295 on: February 24, 2013, 04:44 PM »

I saw part of an interview she did, last year I think it was, and I was really unimpressed. Very full of herself, very sarcastic, and all this striving to come across as 'normal' gets on my nerves. Personally I think she's a talentless, common little cow who needs a smack. It amazes me that people think she's got something special.

I am not into female artists to begin with so our paths (Adele and myself) almost never cross. I only listen to Rock music and there aren't as many female artists there. From what I heard mostly by accident, I didn't like and I didn't honestly know what the big fuss was all about. Anyway, I find her 'talent' very sub per and average. She's also very mainstream. There's absolutely nothing about her that would actually make me stop and listen. It usually is the opposite.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #296 on: February 24, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Ah well , maybe next time you won't miss.

With anger robbie. Put that gun down!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #297 on: February 25, 2013, 01:43 AM »

As to Wee Scurry Daveed, he has a most respectible H2H with Andy (granted, apart from 2011 WTF his wins were on clay)  and I give him full marks for his dogged determination, and for maximizing his opportunities with the limited tools at his disposal. I wouldn't want Andy to meet him at RG.
I also find him very likeable.
And that goes for me too.  People who seek to disparage him in any way with me do so at their peril.  And what's this 'vulture' nonsense PE?  I just don't get it, so maybe you could explain?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #298 on: February 25, 2013, 12:14 PM »

@zarfeen 15
he's been no 5 in the world, in one of the best tennis eras, for ever and ever. How much betterer do you want him to be?  shocking
@EJ
I certainly do rate consistency, work ethic and sheer guts very highly. Many players are very flashy, Gulbis gr8 example, but won't put the work in. Give me Ferrer any day.
BTW his H2H against players with supposed "more talent" is pretty good. He must be doing something right.  Whistle
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #299 on: February 25, 2013, 01:24 PM »

@zarfeen 15
he's been no 5 in the world, in one of the best tennis eras, for ever and ever. How much betterer do you want him to be?  shocking

He isnt able to get past that...
Look at his H2H against the top guys

Fed: 14-0 (not shocking for me)
Rafa: 16-4
Nole: 10-5

Against Andy, it is good but so I wouldnt include that, even Nole is acceptable...
Ok, I'm not saying he is a bad player or something but just that he could have shown something more. He isnt a big match player...almost everytime loses out in the final, crucial rounds. Has just won 1 masters title even though he has been playing for the last 13 years.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »