Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 11894 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #360 on: March 04, 2013, 07:37 PM »

Stupid bugger!! He can be ok sometimes castle but every now & then he opens his mouth  and drivel comes out Wink
shutup
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #361 on: March 04, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Not so much alcopop as nicely maturing whisky perhaps or an nice oak matured fine red, or even vintage champagne.   Ooft, mouth now watering!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #362 on: March 04, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Not so much alcopop as nicely maturing whisky perhaps or an nice oak matured fine red, or even vintage champagne.   Ooft, mouth now watering!
Absolutely - it was a silly thing for Castle to say, and didn't earn him much kudos in my book.  Way to create a divide.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #363 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48 PM »

And he needs to get to grips with his hair.  The 80's have passed, Andrew...

Aye he's got some "heid o hair on him" as ma mum would say  w00t
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #364 on: March 04, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Aye he's got some "heid o hair on him" as ma mum would say  w00t
Just get it cut, and act your age... Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #365 on: March 05, 2013, 02:54 AM »

The American comms on my livestream who covered Nadal's final in Mexico who went into raptures every time he won a point (which was frequently).  OK so it looks like the old Rafa is back (for now) but all this idolising is nauseating - and some sports reporters are just as bad, so they can go in as well.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #366 on: March 05, 2013, 01:50 PM »

I would put in Tennis's constant need to declare someone the next Grand Slam Champion based on one good Tournament.

Most young players Grigor,  Jerzy, Bernie ,Milos and Kei are given this unfair hype when they are just trying to make a good move up the rankings never mind beat the top 4.

Agree 100%, and I see I'm not the only one.

I agree, sort of, with the thing about the clay too, but similar to EJ, I reserve the right to change my mind (well, I am a woman lol) if and when Andy does very well on the surface lol.

Talking of comms, there is something Petch does that drives me loony. He admires Andy, obviously, he respects Andy, quite clearly, so why oh why, when he mentions him does he refer to him as 'British no.1' rather than by his world ranking? Seriously, Djokovic is 'world no.1, Federer is always 'world no.2', but Andy is always mentioned by Petch by his British ranking, so that can go in as well, until Petch grasps that Andy has a world ranking we should be proud to mention - especially when he gets to 2 in the world!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #367 on: March 05, 2013, 01:54 PM »

The American comms on my livestream who covered Nadal's final in Mexico who went into raptures every time he won a point (which was frequently).  OK so it looks like the old Rafa is back (for now) but all this idolising is nauseating - and some sports reporters are just as bad, so they can go in as well.

I watched the match as a repeat on TV and that had American comms. They sounded like they were about to wee themselves every time Rafa won a point. It was quite comical to be honest lol. I was pleased to see Rafa playing so well, but I'll reserve judgement until he plays someone capable of troubling him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #368 on: March 05, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Yes, I agree - very puke worthy. I did talk about it on the other section when I got to see the match on Sunday morning as they didn't show it live. But I wasn't going to watch it live anyway.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #369 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Bandwaggon yank fans
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #370 on: March 13, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Cringeworthy nicknames that involve replacing one or more syllables of the player's name with some derogatory or complimentary term. Not funny, not smart, just plain cringeworthy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #371 on: March 13, 2013, 09:13 PM »

Cringeworthy nicknames that involve replacing one or more syllables of the player's name with some derogatory or complimentary term. Not funny, not smart, just plain cringeworthy.

Warlocq?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #372 on: March 13, 2013, 09:38 PM »

You mean, like 'Lubikcube' lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #373 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Nicknames for players at all to be honest. I mean, what stupid pillock came up with The Serbinator, and as for The Djoker, purrleeease! It's really no wonder Djokovic is starting to look too pleased with himself half the time.

As you say, not clever, not funny. Personally I think it's vomit-inducing.

I want to add Larry Ellison as well, and just for the record I'd like to tell him where to put his rotten Masters. I don't like Indian Wells, give me Montreal/Toronto or Cinci, even if the trophy is a manky vase, any day of the week over IW.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #374 on: March 20, 2013, 03:47 AM »

People on this forum who comment on Andy's draws being tough "oh no there's so many potential bananaskins here" "oh no! he has [insert tennis player here] on his side of the draw he is doomed" "i'm really nervous about this draw  nervous" etc etc ad infinitum.

Sorry but it does my head in a bit, did Andy Murray get to number 3 in the world by accident? show a little faith people, what would you like to happen? 5 wildcards to the final? every single draw has the top guys playing, with the odd unknown thrown in, but it seems no matter who he plays there will be somebody who mentions the word "tricky" or something similar, if it's an up and coming guy like Dimitrov it is "tricky" if it is a relative unknown it is a potential hazard.

I really don't understand how some people think draws will be anything but hard, there will always be draws that look more challenging on paper than others but it's all relative to your own personal opinion regarding who he gets to play.

Take the draw for what it is, look forward to the matches, i'm pretty sure Andy relishes the challenges.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »