Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  What would you put in a tennis room 101? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

What would you put in a tennis room 101?

(Read 14648 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #390 on: March 21, 2013, 04:21 PM »

I hate it how easily Andy gets distracted and loses his focus in a very important match. This has cost him so much.
It seems to me that this usually only happens when he's losing or playing badly, so he starts getting frustrated, thereby shifting his focus to himself which in turn will only make him more susceptible to being distracted.  If he could get on top of this (and I think there has been some improvement recently) he'd make life a lot easier for himself - and us!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #391 on: March 21, 2013, 06:07 PM »

The one nickname I would love to put in room 101 is 'Nole'.  It's just so terribly twee.  yuk

Couldn't agree more. I think it's revolting. How he can have the silly name on his shoes etc completely defeats me. It makes him come across as a bit of a prat, and he isn't - well, not all the time.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #392 on: March 21, 2013, 06:12 PM »

I am calling Djokovic ‘Nole’ for years now and have never found it revolting but I guess to each his/her own. But sometimes I deliberately spell his name as Noel because I like the spelling of this name and I like the sound of it.

I was never a big fan of the name Muzz or Muzza but I kind of grew out of it and now I like it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #393 on: March 21, 2013, 06:22 PM »

I've also been calling Novak 'Nole' for years. Sits fine with me.

Not sure if I've ever called Andy 'Muzz' or 'Muzza' but I've seen/heard it often and like it too. I think someone came up with that name years ago in a competition on his website to name a bear. 'Muzza Bear' won. Maybe that's where it came from.

It's also a Brit thing to put 'zza' on the end of names.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #394 on: March 21, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Scotzza. Emmzza. Teezza.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #395 on: March 21, 2013, 06:39 PM »

Scotzza. Emmzza. Teezza.

no.. it has to be your surname. yes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #396 on: March 21, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Not sure if I've ever called Andy 'Muzz' or 'Muzza' but I've seen/heard it often and like it too. I think someone came up with that name years ago in a competition on his website to name a bear. 'Muzza Bear' won. Maybe that's where it came from.

I've got a Muzza bear - like to think it's a good-luck charm for Andy's matches. Smile

I don't mind the Nole name but have always been puzzled by how it's come about. Is it a recognised shortened form of Novak in Serbia, or just a personal nickname for him?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #397 on: March 21, 2013, 06:51 PM »

I've got a Muzza bear - like to think it's a good-luck charm for Andy's matches. Smile

I don't mind the Nole name but have always been puzzled by how it's come about. Is it a recognised shortened form of Novak in Serbia, or just a personal nickname for him?

I believe so.
Like Andy to Andrew.. Bill to William...Chuck to Charles.

Don't you just love language?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #398 on: March 21, 2013, 06:51 PM »

no.. it has to be your surname. yes

Well, thank God then Andy's last name is Murray cause mine is sounding really weird. I wonder it’s a male/female thing as well.

But I like Emmzza. It's cute. Smile

Emmzza loves Muzza. Oh! we are so made for each other. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #399 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Would you please be a dear and post a picture of that Muzza bear? I've got a big brown teddy but that's what I call him. Maybe I should call him Muzz.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #400 on: March 21, 2013, 07:05 PM »

I believe so.
Like Andy to Andrew.. Bill to William...Chuck to Charles.

Don't you just love language?

Thanks for the info - language can be really fascinating. Smile
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #401 on: March 21, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Would you please be a dear and post a picture of that Muzza bear? I've got a big brown teddy but that's what I call him. Maybe I should call him Muzz.

Here you go Emma - Muzza bear in his Fred Perry kit. Smile

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #402 on: March 21, 2013, 07:28 PM »

It seems to me that this usually only happens when he's losing or playing badly, so he starts getting frustrated, thereby shifting his focus to himself which in turn will only make him more susceptible to being distracted.  If he could get on top of this (and I think there has been some improvement recently) he'd make life a lot easier for himself - and us!

Actually I was thinking Andy tends to lose his focus when he’s in a winning position rather than losing position. And I am also talking about all sorts of distractions. I think it’s been notoriously known that he’s a slow starter to begin with, which could be a distraction itself, but I noticed, he gets awfully distracted after beating a top player. Like for example, last year at Rotterdam, he beat Nole in two easy sets but then got beaten by Federer in the final. Same thing happened at Shanghai last yearand then at the AO this year. Even Lendl wasn’t very pleased about it as he’d mentioned in one of his post AO interviews, that the ultimate goal is to win the title, who you beat on the way, doesn’t matter and shouldn’t matter. It’s understood though that Andy was physically compromised at the AO and also, his history against Federer goes way back, so there was always this danger of him getting a bit distracted after that win. But I’d say, as a whole, it’s still a bit of a problem for Andy – the other three have overcome it and I suppose Andy’s on his way too.

Given all that, I really like his Olympic results where winning the Gold medal was the most important thing for him – who stood in the way didn’t really matter and as a result, he was able to beat both Nole and Federer back to back. I guess I’d like to see that kind of mindset from Andy as a permanent basis going forward.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #403 on: March 21, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Here you go Emma - Muzza bear in his Fred Perry kit. Smile

Oh, that is so cute and you dressed him up too! Mine has a navy blue jacket on it and it's very, very cute. I will try to post a pic tonight.

Thanks!  

And now I'll be on the hunt for Fred Perry kit!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: What would you put in a tennis room 101? « Reply #404 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Oh, that is so cute and you dressed him up too! Mine has a navy blue jacket on it and it's very, very cute. I will try to post a pic tonight.

Thanks! 

And now I'll be on the hunt for Fred Perry kit!

He came with his kit - I bought it from the old AM.com site back when they had a shop on there too. You could probably buy the Fred Perry badge if you look online - though maybe an Adidas bear would be more current? Wink Look forward to seeing the pic of your bear. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »