Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Who will win the Slams in 2014? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Who will win the Slams in 2014?  (Read 4211 times)
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Who will win the Slams in 2014? « on: December 22, 2013, 07:53 PM »

My predictions;

Aussie Open   (Joker)
French Open   (Rafa)
Wimbledon     (Andy)
US Open         (Rafa)

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Thugdal with two slams? No thanks.

Australian Open - Djokovic
French Open - Djokovic
Wimbledon - Janowicz
USO - Murray

No slams for Thugdal or Muger.
[ Last edit by ProdigyEng December 22, 2013, 08:41 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:37 PM »

AO Rafa
FO Novak
Wimbledon Andy
US open Andy
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 09:19 PM »

AO - Djokovic
FO - Djokovic
Wi - Nadal
US - Del Potro
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 10:12 PM »

AO - Djokovic
FO - Djokovic
Wi - Nadal
US - Del Potro

Thugdal winning Wimbledon?

But maybe, just maybe...

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Thugdal winning Wimbledon?
You mean like he has done twice already? Alongside 3 other finals as well.

People seem to fail to realize that Nadal has been more successful at Wimbledon than he has been at the AO (and US Open by a margin).
[ Last edit by laundry December 22, 2013, 10:19 PM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 10:33 PM »

AO - Murray
FO - Nadal
Wimbledon - Murray
US Open - Djoker
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 10:39 PM »

You mean like he has done twice already? Alongside 3 other finals as well.

People seem to fail to realize that Nadal has been more successful at Wimbledon than he has been at the AO (and US Open by a margin).

Yes, and his form in the past 2 years really suggests that he is going to repeat the feat 4 years since he last lifted the title.

Even in 2011 when he made the Final he was owned by Djokovic who is not even that good on grass.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 10:46 PM »

AO - Murray
FO - Tsonga
Wimbledon - Berdych
USO - Dimitrov
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Who's going to beat Nadal at Wimbledon though?

I just don't see him losing in the early rounds against an outsider again. Of course Djokovic can beat him but grass isn't his best surface and I can see Nadal getting the better of him if they play, I think there's also a decent chance that Djokovic might go out before the final next year (against Andy perhaps) so then they won't even play. Andy could beat him as well but there's always that big doubt with Andy playing against Nadal, I put Nadal a big favourite against Andy still in a slam.

With the way Nadal was playing last year he looks easily good enough to win SW19 again.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Who's going to beat Nadal at Wimbledon though?

I just don't see him losing in the early rounds against an outsider again. Of course Djokovic can beat him but grass isn't his best surface and I can see Nadal getting the better of him if they play, I think there's also a high chance that Djokovic might go out before the final next year so then they won't even play. Andy could beat him as well but there's always that big doubt with Andy playing against Nadal, I put Nadal a big favourite against Andy still in a slam.

With the way Nadal was playing last year he looks easily good enough to win SW19.

Who's going to beat him at Wimbledon? There's plenty of players that could. In the top 10, I can definetely see Djokovic, Tsonga, Murray and Del Potro beating him on grass, heck even Berdych, if he doesn't play like a ****, or Frauderer, if he can find his top form can beat Nadal on the green. Other players I see beating him on grass include Janowicz.

Also I'm not sure why you're bringing up the way he played last year as a measurement of how he is going to do on grass this year. Let me remind you that the majority of his good form came on hard courts, which play very differently to grass. Besides, Nadal did fall off to the end of the season and he has never backed up a really good season with another really good season, the following seasons are usually pretty poor for him.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 11:21 PM »

AO - Murray
FO - Tsonga
Wimbledon - Berdych
USO - Dimitrov

LOL.  Has Dimitrov even won a bog standard ATP event yet? I note ProdigyEng is going for Janowicz to win Wimbledon which is maybe more likely than Dimitrov winning the USO but not by much IMO!

I cant see anyone threatening the big 3 this year. In fact I'll be surprised if any other player even reaches a Slam final. Delpo would be the only possibility for me but he doesn't look like he is physically strong enough to win a Slam. Berdych? No chance. Tsonga? No chance. Ferrer? No chance.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 11:23 PM »

LOL.  Has Dimitrov even won a bog standard ATP event yet? I note ProdigyEng is going for Janowicz to win Wimbledon which is maybe more likely than Dimitrov winning the USO but not by much IMO!

I cant see anyone threatening the big 3 this year. In fact I'll be surprised if any other player even reaches a Slam final. Delpo would be the only possibility for me but he doesn't look like he is physically strong enough to win a Slam. Berdych? No chance. Tsonga? No chance. Ferrer? No chance.

Janowicz has made a Slam Semi-Final, and has made it past the 2nd round in all but 2 of  the slams he has played.

Dimitrov has made it past the 2nd round of slams only once.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34 PM »

Got to face it though Nadal is a lot, lot more likely to win Wimbledon next year than Janowicz is. That's why Nadal is 6 to 1 and Janowicz is 50 to 1.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Who will win the Slams in 2014? « Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 11:37 PM »

I was trolling clearly BigNose!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »