Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Why did Murray win Wimbledon? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Reply
Author

Why did Murray win Wimbledon?

(Read 3416 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 04:07 AM »

^ lol  I've come to the conclusion that the Djokotards are even worse than the Fed ones.  Also, didn't you know, that last year, according to some of them, Djokovic also 'gifted' Andy the USO because he's his friend and therefore wanted him to win his maiden Slam, accompanied by stupid comments re the 5th set like "I've never seen Nole go down like that before."  Now if Djoko had really wanted to do that, then when bust a gut hauling himself back from two sets down?  Oh, silly me! - of course it was to make his defeat look more respectable ... Rolling Eyes
Nah, it is a select minority of djokotards.  His true fans are respectful and gracious in defeat.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #91 on: July 25, 2013, 04:17 AM »

Nah, it is a select minority of djokotards.  His true fans are respectful and gracious in defeat.
To be honest, I don't really care because I like and support Djoko, unless he's playing Andy, no matter what anyone says about him.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #92 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50 AM »

I think if i was say a newcomer to tennis, my personality would initially swing towards Andy and Novak and stay there, i see them both as breaths of fresh air and i admire them both for trying the hardest to break the 'Fedal' monopoly and succeding, i also like their honesty and appreciate they have had to put up with a lot of disgruntled Fed and Nadal supporters who have had cruel things to say about them over the years, you only have to look at the ATP facebook page to see the amount of bile hatred that some people throw their way, especially from Fed fans and their blind love for a man who does not really warrant such idolisation, these people are just convinced he is beyond reproach and some of the comments they make are quite embarrassingly over the top.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #93 on: July 25, 2013, 12:07 PM »

I think I would instinctively gravitate towards Andy and Novak too, with a bit of Ferrer thrown in, just to be different.

Broadly speaking, I like both Andy and Novak for the same reasons. Their games being so similar makes life interesting - I don't mind tennis that gets attritional, it's fun to watch, if draining!

I think we all know a lot of Andy's traits, so I won't reinvent the wheel, but I don't think Novak is that different. Okay, I haven't always enjoyed the way Novak celebrated wins, the shirt-ripping phase, but he's stopped doing that now. Maybe he's realised it makes him look a bit of a prat. I do like the way Novak tends to treat opponents. He wants to win, quite clearly, but he is respectful too. I'll be gracious and overlook the way he looked like he wanted to brain Andy at times during the Wimbles final Smile.

I really admire the way both men have faced their fair share of adversity, both in terms of tennis, but also in real-life as it were, and dealt with it. I'm a big believer in the idea that anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and I think they both demonstrate that.

I suppose, looking at it from a distance, all players have their fair share of fans who are a bit OTT and can't see talent in anyone beyond 'their' player. Feds lot are in a league of their own though. I was reading a comment on the ATP's site the other day from someone who is convinced that Fed is going to win everything between now and the end of the year and be back at no.1 again. The mind just boggles!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #94 on: July 25, 2013, 12:17 PM »

You know i hate myself at times, i somehow manage to end up arguing with complete tools on forums everywhere when i really should sit back and chill out, an hour of my life that i will never get back trying to get people to see sense when it is completely futile to attempt to do so.

According to 'fans' of the other big 3 players (mainly fed fans i hasten to add) Andy won Wimbledon because

He was lucky Federer and Nadal got knocked out
-------------------------------------------------------

This of course is Andy's fault right? i mean how dare Andy win Wimbledon because Fedal went home early, what cheek to win Wimbledon solely on the back of this.

Delpotro tired Novak out too much
----------------------------------------

Agan Andy's fault, why oh why didn't Andy offer to help Novak out by throwing eggs at Delpotro or something, this Murray fellow really is a bad sport.

The Heat
-----------

Andy's fault again, i see a pattern developing here, of course Andy was shielded from the harmful rays of the sun, i don't know how but it must be true.

The Biased Crowd
---------------------

What a disgrace, the supporters quite clearly were cheering for the wrong man, amazingly the crowd were also wielding tennis racquets and were jumping onto the court to hit some winners back that Andy could not reach.

Novak let him win because he's his friend
-----------------------------------------------

My personal Favourite, why didn't i see this before, Novak obviously worked so hard to get to the final just so he could gift his opponent a slam, how very charitable of him, the world's number 1 player who is trying to amass a decent slam haul before he retires deciding that it just isn't worth it and would rather lose, it all makes sense now.

In honour of all these valid reasons why Andy won Wimbledon, i would like to thow my hat in the ring and bring out another conspiracy theory as to why Andy won Wimbledon, now i know i will get hate for this but bare with me *drumroll* I think Andy won Wimbledon because........ he won 7 matches of tennis and in the final he was the better player on the day  lmao i know i know crazy right, someone call the men in white coats to drag me away to my padded cell immediately!!!

Feel free to flame away, i'm aware how crazy it all sounds, i mean 'better player on the day' haha how ridiculous.

One of my favourite posts ever, brilliant stuff clap clap clap clap!

I've reached the conclusion that I couldn't care less what disgruntled fans of the others think. Andy is the one holding the trophy, that's enough for me.

What does make me smile though, is the fact that Mats Wilander suggested Andy fluked the USO because of the wind. At Wimbles there wasn't a breath of air to be found, yet Andy still won. Wilander is now predicting Andy can win at least 7 majors. Oh the irony Whistle.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #95 on: July 25, 2013, 01:20 PM »

oh gnome sorry you've lost an hour of your life but we need the likes of you willing to fight the good fight taking on those who are too blind (or biased) to see.   clap
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #96 on: July 25, 2013, 01:34 PM »

You know i hate myself at times, i somehow manage to end up arguing with complete tools on forums everywhere when i really should sit back and chill out, an hour of my life that i will never get back trying to get people to see sense when it is completely futile to attempt to do so.

According to 'fans' of the other big 3 players (mainly fed fans i hasten to add) Andy won Wimbledon because

He was lucky Federer and Nadal got knocked out
-------------------------------------------------------

This of course is Andy's fault right? i mean how dare Andy win Wimbledon because Fedal went home early, what cheek to win Wimbledon solely on the back of this.

Delpotro tired Novak out too much
----------------------------------------

Agan Andy's fault, why oh why didn't Andy offer to help Novak out by throwing eggs at Delpotro or something, this Murray fellow really is a bad sport.

The Heat
-----------

Andy's fault again, i see a pattern developing here, of course Andy was shielded from the harmful rays of the sun, i don't know how but it must be true.

The Biased Crowd
---------------------

What a disgrace, the supporters quite clearly were cheering for the wrong man, amazingly the crowd were also wielding tennis racquets and were jumping onto the court to hit some winners back that Andy could not reach.

Novak let him win because he's his friend
-----------------------------------------------

My personal Favourite, why didn't i see this before, Novak obviously worked so hard to get to the final just so he could gift his opponent a slam, how very charitable of him, the world's number 1 player who is trying to amass a decent slam haul before he retires deciding that it just isn't worth it and would rather lose, it all makes sense now.

In honour of all these valid reasons why Andy won Wimbledon, i would like to thow my hat in the ring and bring out another conspiracy theory as to why Andy won Wimbledon, now i know i will get hate for this but bare with me *drumroll* I think Andy won Wimbledon because........ he won 7 matches of tennis and in the final he was the better player on the day  lmao i know i know crazy right, someone call the men in white coats to drag me away to my padded cell immediately!!!

Feel free to flame away, i'm aware how crazy it all sounds, i mean 'better player on the day' haha how ridiculous.
  lmao .......love it Gnome, but they'll need to send plenty of those men in white coats, 'coz they'll be taking me an' Aileen an' Tommy too, but we ain't goin' quietly!  w00t #teach'emtomesswi'usauldies  cmon yeah  Boxing
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #97 on: July 25, 2013, 05:03 PM »

Hehe  thumb up, i like to inject a bit of humour into proceedings now and again, especially during these lean times when Andy isn't playing, i get bored ya know  Wink
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #98 on: July 25, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Hehe  thumb up, i like to inject a bit of humour into proceedings now and again, especially during these lean times when Andy isn't playing, i get bored ya know  Wink

Keep it up.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Why did Murray win Wimbledon? « Reply #99 on: July 25, 2013, 08:56 PM »

So do we - so keep it coming!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »