Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february?

(Read 3604 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 05:30 PM »

I was amazed to see Smugfed playing in Rotterdam. Maybe he will enter a few of the smaller tournaments to get more points to get him back to his number one ranking.

Actually that might not be such a bad idea. Smugfed runs around in a desperate attempt to get back to no.1, and then wears himself out for when it really matters. Good plan lol.

No, seriously, I would be very surprised to see Smugfed back at no.1 this year. In fact I think his days at no.2 are numbered. Better than that, I think he knows it too.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 07:45 PM »

I don't think it will do Andy any harm not to play before Indian Wells, in fact it might even do him good. It's been said a few times here that Andy should balance playing and resting, not that working with Lendl will be resting as such, better, so now he is. I think we have to trust that he and Lendl know what they are doing. I realise the danger of going in cold as it were, to Indian Wells, but maybe the reverse is that he will arrive there fresh, which he may not have done in recent years.

I agree - the schedule from Indian Wells onwards is pretty much full on until September other than a few weeks after Wimbledon so makes sense to take advantage of time to rest/ train now.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Feds days at 2 are definitely numbered.....
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10 PM »

Lol at fed getting slapped in straights off Benneteau
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06 PM »

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was amused. I didn't catch what he said in his presser, but Marcus seemed a bit surprised by something. My carer arrived at the wrong time lol.

Am I going mad or did I hear Andy's name being mentioned at the start of the coverage this evening? I was in my kitchen preparing my evening meal and was sure I heard Andy's name, but didn't hear what was said. I assumed it might have been about the AO semi.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 01:38 AM »

I was amazed to see Smugfed playing in Rotterdam. Maybe he will enter a few of the smaller tournaments to get more points to get him back to his number one ranking.
He's defending the title from last year. Same in Dubai.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 04:27 AM »

Any idea how many points will he lose?
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #37 on: February 16, 2013, 10:37 AM »

Any idea how many points will he lose?

He will lose 410 points. Maybe he will lose early in Dubai and IW as well...  Whistle

New rankings:

Fed: 9855
Andy: 8480

Andy will lose 300 points after Dubai though, but hopefully he can make up for it in IW this year, especially since that's the only American hard court Masters that still evades him and Fed is the defending champ, so by winning it he could get closer again or even surpass Fed, depending on the latter's results in Dubai as well.
[ Last edit by silver lining February 16, 2013, 10:41 AM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #38 on: February 16, 2013, 11:08 AM »

He will lose 410 points. Maybe he will lose early in Dubai and IW as well...  Whistle

New rankings:

Fed: 9855
Andy: 8480

Andy will lose 300 points after Dubai though, but hopefully he can make up for it in IW this year, especially since that's the only American hard court Masters that still evades him and Fed is the defending champ, so by winning it he could get closer again or even surpass Fed, depending on the latter's results in Dubai as well.

I wondered how many points Andy would lose by not playing Dubai, where he got to the final last year, so thanks for the info.

Fingers crossed that Andy will go well in Indian Wells and Miami, because that would surely help, although Fed having a dodgy Dubai would be useful. However, I must admit, in my mind I'm not looking at a specific time where Andy might get to no.2. I just feel that it will happen at some point this year. It feels almost inevitable now. That said, if it was to happen before the FO I wouldn't mind a bit lol.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Thanks for clearing my doubt silver lining and for the additional info as well Smile
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 06:12 PM »

You're both welcome. Smile

I wondered how many points Andy would lose by not playing Dubai, where he got to the final last year, so thanks for the info.

Fingers crossed that Andy will go well in Indian Wells and Miami, because that would surely help, although Fed having a dodgy Dubai would be useful. However, I must admit, in my mind I'm not looking at a specific time where Andy might get to no.2. I just feel that it will happen at some point this year. It feels almost inevitable now. That said, if it was to happen before the FO I wouldn't mind a bit lol.

I'd like him to get to #2 before RG, so he has a better shot at a final there. It's looking good as of now and if it happens, Fed, Rafa and Djokovic could potentially all end up in the same half, so fingers crossed.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #41 on: February 17, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Andy withdrawal symptoms! Just watched Rafa in Sao Paulo wasn't pretty. Fed obv has to play Dubai as he is the biggest draw i bet his appearance fee is like 5x anyone elses, I dont necessarily think he'll defend though. I'd expect Novak, Berdych, and Del Po to beat Fed if they play him.

Re: Andy I'm glad he's focusing on the big events, I think he need a good performance in IW and Miami--- he has barely won a match in IW the last few years so he needs to put that right!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #42 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56 PM »

wondering why Andy has such a poor record at IW?  doh
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #43 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56 PM »

He shagged a sheep beforehand...
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Why isn't Andy playing ANY events in february? « Reply #44 on: February 17, 2013, 07:58 PM »

He shagged a sheep beforehand...

Ur gonna get a pasting  naughty
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »