Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 51463 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1050 on: December 01, 2013, 12:02 AM »

wtfery is going on here? A possibility of Andy not winning? nah
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1051 on: December 01, 2013, 01:06 AM »

MW in disrepute.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1052 on: December 01, 2013, 08:52 AM »

Nae chance  no
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1053 on: December 01, 2013, 04:28 PM »

I think in some strange way this award will be important to him. After years of being at odds with Great British Public, (mainly I think because he was so at odds with himself, and so angry ), it will show him that he is valued, appreciated and accepted. Not too mention loved. I suspect that he didn't realise he wanted and needed that approbation until he started to get it. I really liked the fact that he felt confident in asking for the support during the Wimbledon final this year. I think that since the Olympics his self esteem has shot up. He doesn't need this award, but I rather think he might like to have it. Rather like the knighthood, when he gets it. Along with the trophies in his cabinet, they are all palpable signs that the way he has chosen to spend his youth has been worth it.

I think there may be something in that Masaka.  I'm reading 77 at present and I'm struck by how the negativity towards him previously eg being spat at in the street, must really have hurt him even if he didn't let on at the time. 
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1054 on: December 03, 2013, 10:14 AM »

As of today, Murray's lead in the DT poll increasing. Now at 50.5% of the votes.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1055 on: December 03, 2013, 11:21 AM »

Surely its about time andy tells folk if he plans on attending  Think
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1056 on: December 03, 2013, 11:57 AM »

Surely its about time andy tells folk if he plans on attending  Think
  I guess those that need to know will know.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1057 on: December 03, 2013, 12:53 PM »

I guess those that need to know will know.

Not really because I dont know yet Smile
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1058 on: December 03, 2013, 02:16 PM »

Not really because I dont know yet Smile
  Why don't you just ask him the next time he Skypes then? throwcomputer Smile
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1059 on: December 03, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Why don't you just ask him the next time he Skypes then? throwcomputer Smile

Yeah good idea  thumb up
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1060 on: December 04, 2013, 11:23 AM »

The other night I attended a function and got into discussing 2013 SPOTY and in particular Andy's overwhelming chance to secure the title. Most of the people in the conversation were supportive of Andy, but without much enthusiasm.

However, there was one individual more verbose than others said strongly: "ABM -  anyone but Murray." I quickly jumped to Andy's defence and asked why. This moron reiterated the standard reply: "because Murray hates the English".

How depressing this is that still after all that Andy has done and after the years that have passed since Andy's joking remark taken out of context there are still today people believe that it was a serious comment and as a result still look at Andy unfavourably.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1061 on: December 04, 2013, 01:44 PM »

The other night I attended a function and got into discussing 2013 SPOTY and in particular Andy's overwhelming chance to secure the title. Most of the people in the conversation were supportive of Andy, but without much enthusiasm.

However, there was one individual more verbose than others said strongly: "ABM -  anyone but Murray." I quickly jumped to Andy's defence and asked why. This moron reiterated the standard reply: "because Murray hates the English".

How depressing this is that still after all that Andy has done and after the years that have passed since Andy's joking remark taken out of context there are still today people believe that it was a serious comment and as a result still look at Andy unfavourably.
   No it's deeper than that. These people need an excuse to justify their hatred of him, and thats it.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1062 on: December 04, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Its all Henmans fault for starting the joke. He knew what Andy or any Scot would say under the surcomestances. He was hung out to dry. At 19 years old!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1063 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35 PM »

It will never change so why bother I get so fed up defending the Scots why should I when you have morons like that about. Don't say anything about the English though you will be called racist.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1064 on: December 04, 2013, 03:42 PM »

No it's deeper than that. These people need an excuse to justify their hatred of him, and thats it.

You of course are absolutely correct! The overt hatred on his face when he was spouting the words: "ABM anyone but Murray" was plain for all to see
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »