Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 42899 times)
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1080 on: December 05, 2013, 03:08 PM »

McCoy's won it already.

Others already have won it twice!  We should be willing Andy to win it and then again another year when eventually he becomes World number 1?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1081 on: December 05, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Others already have won it twice!  We should be willing Andy to win it and then again another year when eventually he becomes World number 1?

I don't think he will reach No 1 next year but when it boils down to SPOTY, Andy is always in contention. Smile
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1082 on: December 05, 2013, 03:58 PM »

Once is enough when it comes to SPOTY, surely. Anyway, he may not be eligible next year!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1083 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30 PM »

I want to vote and I went to the website, I registered but I cannot get to the page to vote.  Can anyone help??
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1084 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00 PM »

I want to vote and I went to the website, I registered but I cannot get to the page to vote.  Can anyone help??

Apollo you can't actually vote till the actual night! You have to just go on and register just now then you need to log back on on Sunday 15th to vote!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1085 on: December 05, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Apollo my understanding was that you can't actually vote until after the programme has started on the 15th.  And I guess it may block votes from outside the UK in any case.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1086 on: December 05, 2013, 06:11 PM »

No chance he can win that now. Some greenpeace extremists and some anonymous extremists  are voting for either some greenpeace people or edward snowden

It's a bit extreme to label supporters of greenpeace activist or Edward Snowden as "extremists".   Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see Andy getting support, but I think fans of the environment and free speech have more right to look down on those who vote for a sports star, than the reverse. unsure
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1087 on: December 05, 2013, 09:22 PM »

Thanks Angie and Ruthis, I will have to do the time difference, and I will try, but if I can't vote, I know all of you will be voting.  Thanks for the info :-)
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1088 on: December 05, 2013, 11:28 PM »

ScottishSportsAwards ‏@2013SMSA 27m
Our @2013SMSA Sports Personality of the Year Award goes to living legend @andy_murray @Wimbledon Champion!

He also won the  Inspirational Performance Award, and I saw a couple of tweets earlier suggesting that his grandad had collected the award for him - and stolen the show! Don't know who collected the SSPYA award
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1089 on: December 06, 2013, 06:57 AM »

Judy collected the other award. Just seen a pic on her facebook.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1090 on: December 06, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Tickets have arrived! cmon yeah

* tmp_IMG_20131206_224250-2121847963.jpg (716.21 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 20 times.)
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1091 on: December 06, 2013, 10:47 PM »

Have fun in my hometown. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1092 on: December 06, 2013, 11:49 PM »

Once is enough when it comes to SPOTY, surely. Anyway, he may not be eligible next year!
Eyebrow raise.

Anyway I certainly don't take Andy winning it as being given, despite what the polls say (I've never trusted polls of any kind) because each candidate will have their own supporters. and I think Mo Farah is a strong possibility.
[ Last edit by Aileen December 06, 2013, 11:59 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1093 on: December 06, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Yay!  Hope you have a great time. Smile
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1094 on: December 08, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Eyebrow raise.

Anyway I certainly don't take Andy winning it as being given, despite what the polls say (I've never trusted polls of any kind) because each candidate will have their own supporters. and I think Mo Farah is a strong possibility.

Andy won it back in July. Winning Wimbledon was the holy grail of British sport never mind British tennis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »