Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 45302 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #480 on: December 16, 2012, 02:09 PM »

why do you always have to be so naive  ?
I'm certainly not naive, swearing is not necessary to your writing. I can accept the odd swear word in the heat of battle eg Andy during a match. BUt I really don't see how adding the F word is necessary in any of the posts my only exception would be if you wanted to add the F word before Fed!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #481 on: December 16, 2012, 02:29 PM »

Murray's 2nd favourite with most of the Bookies I've seen btw?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #482 on: December 16, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Why do we have to add swear words to the posts beats me.It adds nothing to what you say and is distasteful.

Sorry, I was guilty of this. I don't usually swear here, but I'd had a glass or two and was feeling annoyed. I will delete the post.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #483 on: December 16, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I thought Andy was 4th with bookies?  Interesting that yet another actual poll has put him 2nd so who knows?  I don't usually care two hoots about spoty and only watch it for Andy really but it does seem to be getting more coverage than usual this year because of the olympics and such a strong field so would love him to do well by coming in top 3. It says it all really doesn't it that Greg won for just getting to USO final.  I totally agree that Andy was right not to fly back for it.  Yes it would have improved his chances but he still wouldn't have won and he has his priorities absolutely right.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #484 on: December 16, 2012, 04:19 PM »

He was 2nd favourite at 330/100 with Skybet last I saw, similar with Bet365.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #485 on: December 16, 2012, 04:20 PM »

thanks tmh -encouraging. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #486 on: December 16, 2012, 04:21 PM »

When does the programme and voting start? And does anyone know how much it costs to vote?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #487 on: December 16, 2012, 04:22 PM »

starts 7.30 and I think they put the numbers up pretty quickly.  Not sure about cost.  Probably more from a mobile than land line but I'll use both.  You might be able to find out cost on spoty website?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #488 on: December 16, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Ah right, cheers. Got plenty of time to get home then. I'm looking forward more to the highlights of all the contenders and highlights of the year than who actually wins (although will still be voting for Andy obviously).

Kyle Edmund has also been nominated for Young SPOTY, would be great to see him get it although it will probably go to an Olympian or Paralympian (I think a few were nominated).
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #489 on: December 16, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Thanks for posting those comments TMH-lovely to see Andy finally getting a bit of the recognition and respect he not only deserves,but has earned.Hopefully it can only only continue and grow from here on out!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #490 on: December 16, 2012, 04:36 PM »

Sports Personality's dynamic dozen: the champions up close and personal

Friends, relatives and team-mates of the 12 shortlisted athletes explain why they should win Sports Personality of the Year.

Andy Murray, by Jez Green, trainer and conditioner

All of them are winners – that's why they've been nominated. But I can only talk about what I've witnessed first-hand over many years. Andy is the most dedicated guy I know. He trains like nobody I've ever trained before and he is continually looking for that extra edge. He's definitely one of the finest athletes around. Having seen all the hard work that's gone in behind the scenes over the years, the ups and downs, it was amazing seeing him win gold at the Olympics, where he beat Roger Federer, and in New York, where he beat Novak Djokovic. So he defeated the alternating world No1 and No2 for the biggest wins of his career. But, knowing Andy like I do, he won't rest. He'll keep on pushing, hungry for more success – and he deserves every bit of it that comes his way.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/dec/15/sports-personality-year-friends-relatives
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #491 on: December 16, 2012, 05:02 PM »

Apologies,I'm now triple posting,but just saw that Rory Mcilroy tweeted this:

"Hope every1 has a great time at SPOTY 2nite, unfortunately I can't be there in person. @andy_murray gets my vote, US open and Olympic champ"
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #492 on: December 16, 2012, 05:19 PM »

Apologies,I'm now triple posting,but just saw that Rory Mcilroy tweeted this:

"Hope every1 has a great time at SPOTY 2nite, unfortunately I can't be there in person. @andy_murray gets my vote, US open and Olympic champ"
 Great! Wonder if Caroline had a hand in that?!!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #493 on: December 16, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Wiggo is obviously a very strong candidate but the fact that his much spoken about chief desire after winning his medal was to get 'blind drunk' doesn't exactly make him role model material - a bit like Darren Clarke after his Open win who said he was 'drunk for a week'. Don't get me wrong, I've no objection to anyone celebrating their success but this seems to be much vaunted as 'showing personality' whereas Andy's hard work and dedication to his sport is dismissed as 'boring'. There's no justice in this world!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #494 on: December 16, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Times carrying a big splash in its Sports section about Wiggins , and a very cheap shot against Andy by Gabby Logan in a piece in the main paper playing to the AntiAndy lobby, attributing to him " the monotone of the terminally bored, and the elegance of a stuffed pike, but this was his year".   If you're going for an insult, at least make it witty. Stupid female dog.

I have been smouldering quietly since I read that article so decided to accept an invitation from the Times to make suggestions to improve the paper.    I emailed them suggesting they should sack Gabby Logan.     Immediate improvement.   
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »