Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 51574 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #495 on: December 16, 2012, 05:36 PM »

^  yup   that's  why I won't be watching it.  its a load of crap... popularity contest,    just like x factor.      yawn  can't wait till it is over     it's the only thing people are talking about. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #496 on: December 16, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Great! Wonder if Caroline had a hand in that?!!
McIlroy has said in the past that he's a tennis fan and that he would vote for Andy. They met up at Wimbledon last year for a quick BBC bit after McIlroy has just won his first major.

I bet we don't get the same uproar from the likes of the Daily Mail about McIlroy as we did about Murray.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #497 on: December 16, 2012, 05:40 PM »

^  yup   that's  why I won't be watching it.  its a load of crap... popularity contest,    just like x factor.      yawn  can't wait till it is over     it's the only thing people are talking about. 
It's not about who wins it, it's about celebrating an incredible year of sport.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #498 on: December 16, 2012, 05:46 PM »

It's not about who wins it, it's about celebrating an incredible year of sport.

true but    I just hate the hype  over it.           and      I   really don't like Wiggans  lol   and hes going to win it  probably.  booo.
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #499 on: December 16, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Ah right, cheers. Got plenty of time to get home then. I'm looking forward more to the highlights of all the contenders and highlights of the year than who actually wins (although will still be voting for Andy obviously).

I agree with your comment.  Just looking forward to the highlights of an amazing sporting year - and voting for Andy, wherever he comes in the standings.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #500 on: December 16, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Andy will win Surprised
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #501 on: December 16, 2012, 06:57 PM »

I have been smouldering quietly since I read that article so decided to accept an invitation from the Times to make suggestions to improve the paper.    I emailed them suggesting they should sack Gabby Logan.     Immediate improvement.   
Good for you - how did I miss that opportunity?  I have lots of niggles about the Times, though I still think its a good paper overall.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #502 on: December 16, 2012, 07:09 PM »

He won't win, it will be more a popularity contest in the end.  Who is to really say that any of them don't deserve it?  I don't see why Ennis should be so highly rated for this though, and I dislike Wiggins, although he is a fairly humble guy despite his eccentricities.  For me the exceptional achievers, especially in historical terms, were Andy and Mo Farah.  They should both be in the top three, but you can almost guarantee it will be 1) wiggo 2) mo 3) ennis.  The idea that wiggo would come ahead of Mo Farah pains me.  It would be a minor coup if our Andy scraped in to the top three, but sadly not holding out much hope.

However, totally agree about this being a celebration of a sensational summer of sport.  Looking forward to Australia in 2013.

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #503 on: December 16, 2012, 07:11 PM »

Can't believe people would pick Ennis over Andy. Lol.  Facepalm    The British public baffle me sometimes
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #504 on: December 16, 2012, 07:13 PM »

The ridiculousness is emphasised by the fact that Rusedski won one of these things for just getting to a US Open final, not even winning it.  Andy won that slam, won the gold medal at the olympics, plus a silver medal, and reached the wimbledon final, a feat not equalled by any british male since the 1930s.

Despite all this it won't be enough!...I suppose if he had just won Wimbledon it would have been very different, and he would be the clear favourite!  At least i'd like to think so!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #505 on: December 16, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Plus the fact that most Brits think that Wimbledon is the only tennis tournament of the year.  Why is it more important than the USO or the Olmypics?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #506 on: December 16, 2012, 07:24 PM »

I've got a bad feeling that FedError is going to win the Overseas one just to rub it in.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #507 on: December 16, 2012, 07:27 PM »

lmao
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #508 on: December 16, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Kevin Mitchell just tweeted this :

"Would love @andy_murray to win tonight. Not many nicer people in sport, although didn't much care for him when dying on chin-up bar in Miami".

Love that man!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #509 on: December 16, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Mobile : 6228208  Landline : 09015228208
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »