Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 47932 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #570 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35 PM »

bore off,  that was so predictable. yawn
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #571 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35 PM »

well I'd rather that tmh than he hadn't broken his slam duck!  Onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #572 on: December 16, 2012, 10:36 PM »

We all know it-if it hadn't been for they year that was in it,Andy would have been one of the clear favourites for the win,with what he achieved.I reckon that if he wins a Slam another year (and I do believe he will! crossfingers) then he'll have it in the bag.There'll be a lot less competition in an non-Olympic year-and a lot more spotlight on any sporting achievements that will happen.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #573 on: December 16, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Well done Andy with 3rd place.  yay  Pretty good eh, everything considered?

1st place to Wiggins it is then! Well done Bradley, a modest guy and a true professional, who happens to live in Lancashire - my home county, so I'm as chuffed as a butty ;-)
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #574 on: December 16, 2012, 10:39 PM »

yawn I love butthurt Internet people saying Andy has no personality.
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #575 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45 PM »

Pleased that Andy got 3rd place, BUT did I miss something , Heather in her achievement  of being the 1st women for ??? years to win a WTA title didn't even get a mention
IP Logged
althusser
Junior

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #576 on: December 16, 2012, 10:45 PM »

very pleased - got a place on podium - earlier today he was fourth favourite with the bookies at 25/1 to win and well behind the third at 6/1

shows the murray fans turned out on the night and also suggests he has enough support out there to win it in another year
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #577 on: December 16, 2012, 10:48 PM »

Andy Murray
Congratulations Bradley Wiggins on winning, what a truly amazing year for British sport. Congratulations to everyone involved, there were so many deserving cases for the award. It was an honour being part of it all.

Apologies I wasn't there this evening, I am currently working hard out in Miami in my off-season to make sure I give myself the best possible chance to win more slams. Thank you again to anyone that voted for me, here's to a successful 2013!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #578 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Pleased that Andy got 3rd place, BUT did I miss something , Heather in her achievement  of being the 1st women for ??? years to win a WTA title didn't even get a mention
She did.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #579 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49 PM »

do you have to prance along  singing the freakin  singing kettle to win this things  jesus. 

Andy Murray: double Olympic medallist, Wimbledon finalist and US Open winner .
  THIRD PLACE.   THATS CRAZY
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #580 on: December 16, 2012, 10:49 PM »

3rd place and a trophy is enough to upset the bitter people.  Obviously, I'd have loved Andy to win, but it isn't that important, and so for me it became more about proving the point that a lot of people do appreciate what Andy does.  Just because he isn't doing summersaults in the aisles doesn't mean decent, thoughtful sports fans can't like him.

I was a bit surprised that Jess edged out Mo (I see them as fighting for the same votes), as she's hardly Miss Charisma, gag a minute either.  Lovely, and very pretty, girl, and a fantastic athlete, but she always looks slightly awkward during interviews, and I like that about her.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #581 on: December 16, 2012, 10:50 PM »

Well done to Andy 3rd place is a great achievement. It proves that the UK public are warming to him.
Next year is a non- World Cup or Olympic  year so if Andy has a good year?
Well done Bradley Wiggins.
[ Last edit by dex December 17, 2012, 09:00 AM ] IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #582 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Programme about andy on sky sports 3 Sunday 30th at 7pm
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #583 on: December 16, 2012, 10:54 PM »

I voted in threes and managed about 10x 3.    Only engaged once which was worrying.   Rubbish programme though.    I hate triumphalism.   
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #584 on: December 16, 2012, 10:56 PM »

do you have to prance along  singing the freakin  singing kettle to win this things  jesus. 

Andy Murray: double Olympic medallist, Wimbledon finalist and US Open winner .
  THIRD PLACE.   THATS CRAZY

You're really upset aren't you?

It's not as if the other winners were not equally as deserving... All 3 in the top 3 deserved the award.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »