Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 48083 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #870 on: September 28, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Silly poll? I've just voted loads of times.
Ha-ha ... I've just voted again too.  It is a stupid poll, but I'm not complaining!

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #871 on: September 28, 2013, 10:14 PM »

Ah well.. silly or not, I proudly voted from Canada.. because I'm not allowed to vote in the real thing. Frown
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #872 on: September 28, 2013, 11:32 PM »

It took 76 years for a British male to win a slam. It took 77 years for a British male to win Wimbledon. Both Andy. How quickly some forget that stat. Now it seems every sporting achievement is worthy of comparison.

I agree the poll is ridiculous but I have to say I really didn't like the tone of it. It makes it sound as though Andy had the win in the bag and all he to do was show up. Yes, he was only battling the world no. 1 and history.

Who should win BBC Sports Personality of the Year - Andy Murray or Sir Ben Ainslie?
This summer, Andy Murray became the first British man to win Wimbledon since 1936 while this week Sir Ben Ainslie inspired Oracle Team USA to arguably *the greatest comeback in sporting history. Both incredible feats, but who would you give the SPOTY award to? Have your say and vote...

*That is quite a leap. Have they forgotten the Ryder Cup victory of last year already?

Murray won his first Wimbledon title and ended Britain's 77-year wait for a men's champion with a hard-fought victory over world No 1 Novak Djokovic.

In an atmosphere reminiscent of his Olympic final win last summer, the Scot was willed on by the majority of the 15,000 spectators on Centre Court, thousands watching on the nearby big screen and millions more around the country.

**However, Murray went into the match with a strong chance of winning. Ainslie, on the other hand, took over as Oracle's tactician with the American boat all but sunk.

Trailing, 8-1 to Emirates Team New Zealand, the British Olympic hero somehow inspired his crew to the most unlikely of victories and the most remarkable turnaround in the event's 162-year history.

**There is NO 'However' as far as I'm concerned.
-----------------------------

I'd imagine I'm in the minority but I had honestly never heard of this boat race before the weekend. It's a team event and how any newspaper can compare it to what Andy achieved is ridiculous.

Sorry, rant over.
[ Last edit by IonaRed September 28, 2013, 11:36 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #873 on: September 28, 2013, 11:36 PM »

No I hadn't heard of the boat race either
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #874 on: September 28, 2013, 11:38 PM »

^^Feeling better for that IonaRed.....chill, Andys a shoe in. yes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #875 on: September 28, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Suprise Suprise everyone.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #876 on: September 28, 2013, 11:41 PM »

^^Feeling better for that IonaRed.....chill, Andys a shoe in. yes

Bloody press are pissing me off. I do feel better after my rant though. Thanks. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #877 on: September 28, 2013, 11:44 PM »

Bloody press are pissing me off. I do feel better after my rant though. Thanks. Smile
You gotta let it out. hug
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #878 on: September 28, 2013, 11:45 PM »

Phew glad it's not just me. I have to say sailing isn't something I tend to take any interest in. I only saw it because it was on Sky Sports.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #879 on: September 28, 2013, 11:50 PM »

Suprise Suprise everyone.

******* piss off dick
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #880 on: September 28, 2013, 11:51 PM »

I have, but know nothing at all about it, and unless you're a big sailing fan anyway it's unlikely to enthrall.  Also, as has already been said, it's a team event, so I've no doubt whatsoever that people will relate more to Andy winning Wimbledon than they will to that.

Thank god for MW!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #881 on: September 28, 2013, 11:52 PM »

******* piss off dick
roflmao...like I said everyone.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #882 on: September 28, 2013, 11:54 PM »

roflmao...like I said everyone.

What's your problem?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #883 on: September 28, 2013, 11:57 PM »

What's your problem?
I'm jesting Ang...bloody hell you of all people should know that. shocking.....Cmon here. hug
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #884 on: September 28, 2013, 11:59 PM »

I'm jesting Ang...bloody hell you of all people should know that. shocking.....Cmon here. hug

get out or ban
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »