Andy Murray vs Mikhail Kukushkin, Tuesday, Estimated time - 4:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 114 Reply

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

Bradley Wiggins is a cert if he wins the cycling in the Tour de France.
IP Logged

who gives a toss about the cycling anyway.  Tennis ftw!!
IP Logged

Can't see it somehow. If there was a "close, but no cigar," category perhaps. I think he would be embarassed if he hadn't won a major or an Olympic medal to justify it.
IP Logged

who gives a toss about the cycling anyway. 

Those who voted for winners Chris Hoy, in 2008, and Mark Cavendish, in 2011.
IP Logged

who gives a toss about the cycling anyway.  Tennis ftw!!
Funnily enough people who follow cycling say the same about tennis.

And fans of football say the same about both.

It's a very ignorant view. I don't like golf but I appreciate that many people do and wouldn't say throw-away comments like "Who cares about golf?" because I understand that thousands of people in this country do care about it.

Not having a go at you btw, not sure if what you was in jest or not, but just in general. I've seen plenty of comments from non-tennis fans recently who just come out with "oh well who cares about tennis anyway", or "what a crybaby, it's only tennis" and it's bloody infuriating and incredibly ignorant.
IP Logged

"Sports Personaility"..this a new award, or what?  Think
IP Logged

^^ I was only joking mate.  lol   sorry.  I wasn't being serious   I know a lot of people like cycling.  Sorry. just annoyed that tennis doesn't get the same recognition it deserves
IP Logged

^^ I was only joking mate.  lol   sorry.  I wasn't being serious   I know a lot of people like cycling.  Sorry. just annoyed that tennis doesn't get the same recognition it deserves
No worries mate, I thought that may be the case. Smile My post was a general rant at those who are utterly ignorant about other sports and claim they don't matter purely because they aren't interested in them. Been a lot of comments like that about tennis in the last month and it just makes my blood boil.
IP Logged

"Sports Personaility"..this a new award, or what?  Think
   Started in 1954 - as far as I can tell tennis players have topped the poll on only three occasions Greg Rusedski  in 1997, Virginia Wade in 1977, and Ann Jones ( who she?!) in 1969.  Novak Djokovic won the overseas personality award last year.
IP Logged

Bump.

1 gold medal, 1 silver medal.

1 US open trophy

1 Wimbledon runner-up plate.

Incredible haul, and despite Farah's heroics on the track and Wiggins's incredible year on the saddle, Murray is the outstanding candidate on paper imo.
IP Logged

Don't forget we have the World Tour Finals in November.

US Open title, gold medal and WTF title should be more than enough to become SPOTY.
IP Logged

Let's edit the title to "knighted", please.

IP Logged

Let's edit the title to "knighted", please.

Let's just go the full hog and make him Prime Minister, eh? Very Happy
IP Logged

Obviously...
What more do you want???
There is still a lot more to go..
IP Logged

Andy, Mo Farah and Jess Ennis are my top 3 for this year. Although tennis and athletics are my favourite sports so I'm biased.

The Tour de France was amazing last year but this year I just found it a total snoozefest.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 114 Reply