Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 46206 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #105 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23 PM »

No problems - just didn't see it.  But how come I was able to see the latest voting figures if my vote wasn't accepted?  confused
Don't know! I did too before I saw that remark, but took it to mean my second vote wouldn't count! Do you think it might?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #106 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37 PM »

how do you vote.?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 03:03 PM »

how do you vote.?
Click on the link in Dave_G's post below and you'll get the poll.

The Daily Mail are running a poll for who should be Sports Personality of the Year...

Daily Mail Poll
Don't know! I did too before I saw that remark, but took it to mean my second vote wouldn't count! Do you think it might?
Just tried again (chancer!).  You're right you do get told you've already voted, but you can still look at the poll - and Andy is currently way ahead of the rest. yay
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 03:48 PM »

Thanks Aileen......I just had a look and though Andy is still at 38%, I think Jessica Innes has slipped a bit. She's only at 7% now.......I'm sure she was on 8 yesterday!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 04:17 PM »

I just voted Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Good man!

I see Andy is now on 38% with Wiggins 2nd on 26%.   Two days ago they were tied on 23%.  There are bound to be day-to-day fluctuations, so as long as this poll keeps running it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #111 on: September 15, 2012, 05:20 PM »

so the winner of the Daily Mail poll.  wins the whole thing?    that's a bit unfair.  no?   Think   I'm so confused lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #112 on: September 15, 2012, 05:32 PM »

so the winner of the Daily Mail poll.  wins the whole thing?    that's a bit unfair.  no?   Think   I'm so confused lol
The official SPOTY poll is organised by the BBC, and that's the one that counts.  This is an article about last year's SPOTY which should help you - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/sports-personality/15920702

The DM's poll is just one of many that do the rounds each year and is merely a very rough guide to public opinion, and results vary quite a bit from poll to poll, so not to be taken too seriously.   
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 06:14 PM »

I replied to their tweet with 'Unimpressed with that comment and unprofessional. #williamhill'.

some people , make me cross just because andy doesnt like the limelight doesnt mean he  doesnt have a personailty he is  just shy .

IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #114 on: September 26, 2012, 11:27 PM »

f**ked if i'd vote for a cyclist at the moment... they are pissing me off. Every time I walk down the street there is a cyclist going full pelt on the sidewalk/pavement...if i dont look round i get a wheel up my ass. F**cking cycle on the road or walk like the f**king rest of us!! ...lol. rant over.

actually no its not.... why call it sports 'personality' of the year?.... since when did you have to have a 'personality' everyone likes to be a successful sportsperson? ...********... just pick who had the most impressive winning performance... and call it like that!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #115 on: September 26, 2012, 11:52 PM »

why call it sports 'personality' of the year?.... since when did you have to have a 'personality' everyone likes to be a successful sportsperson? ...boll**ks... just pick who had the most impressive winning performance... and call it like that!
  I guess its to avoid the sexdom of Sportsman/woman of the year, but hey why not have one of each. Sympathise with the cyclist rant btw, and why don't they have frigging bells anymore anyway?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #116 on: September 27, 2012, 03:02 AM »

f**ked if i'd vote for a cyclist at the moment... they are pissing me off. Every time I walk down the street there is a cyclist going full pelt on the sidewalk/pavement...if i dont look round i get a wheel up my ass. F**cking cycle on the road or walk like the f**king rest of us!! ...lol. rant over.
And the ones who do use the roads but completely ignore red lights at pedestrian crossings.  I'm fed up of having to jump out of the way because they often sneak up so close to the pavement that you don't see them coming.  Cyclists should have to sit a test, which includes knowledge of the highway code so far as it relates to them, and get a certificate of proficiency or something similar before they're let loose on public roads.  Oh yes, and the use of a bell would be helpful!

I guess its to avoid the sexdom of Sportsman/woman of the year, but hey why not have one of each.
I've been thinking that for years. It makes sense because you really can't equate men's sporting achievements with those of women.

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #117 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16 AM »

I'm going to be applying for a Work's Placement for the sports personality of the year through my University. To apply I have to say what was my favourite Olympic moment and why, in less than 300 words... Of course, my favourite moment will be Andy winning the gold, but I don't know if I can fit it in 300 words LOL
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #118 on: September 28, 2012, 12:43 PM »

I'm going to be applying for a Work's Placement for the sports personality of the year through my University. To apply I have to say what was my favourite Olympic moment and why, in less than 300 words... Of course, my favourite moment will be Andy winning the gold, but I don't know if I can fit it in 300 words LOL

Mine too. Closely followed by the Brownlee brothers!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personaility this Year? « Reply #119 on: September 28, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Good luck with it prodigy.  I think I'd focus on the Henry's Hug moment followed by Andy's exultant leap afterwards as even more emotional than the actual win.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »