Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 52599 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #240 on: November 05, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Unfortunately, I think his comments about the Tour de France will not have helped Andy's chances.  We know it wasn't intended in that way but some might see it as Andy trying to discredit Brad's achievement.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #241 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Unfortunately, I think his comments about the Tour de France will not have helped Andy's chances.  We know it wasn't intended in that way but some might see it as Andy trying to discredit Brad's achievement.

Alis, just another opportunity for the "hate Murray" brigade
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #242 on: November 05, 2012, 06:17 PM »

Exactly.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #243 on: November 05, 2012, 06:25 PM »

There's no way the cycling fans were voting for Andy anyway.  But if they were split between two camps, they are more likely to have read the full context of what Andy said, and perhaps even seen Wiggins taking a pot shot at tennis over the Summer.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #244 on: November 05, 2012, 07:39 PM »

Whatever happens this year, Andy will win in 2013.  He'll be 1 of the clearest winners ever
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #245 on: November 05, 2012, 11:23 PM »

I don't really think cycling fans will care less what Andy thinks about anything. In a way it would be like asking Wiggins to comment about tennis. I suspect he'd see it as two blokes hitting a ball over a net with a bat. Besides, I thought what Andy said was a pretty fair assessment, and that is from someone whose nephew used to train with Wiggins some years back. Oh, and my nephew was faster than him, but his life took him in a different direction and he eventually gave the sport up. Shame really, but there we are.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #246 on: November 05, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Sorry Ruthie
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #247 on: November 06, 2012, 08:13 AM »

Whatever happens this year, Andy will win in 2013.  He'll be 1 of the clearest winners ever

If Andy gets to no.1, then it is confirmed...
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #248 on: November 14, 2012, 10:38 AM »

I think Andy's made the right decision to put his training needs ahead of attending the SPOTY programme. http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/tramlines/murray-set-skip-bbc-sports-personality-awards-161207509.html

Unfortunately he's damned if he goes and damned if he doesn't - and the comments of the armchair critics below the article show the envious, the ignorant and the hard of thinking are all still alive and kicking.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #249 on: November 14, 2012, 11:51 AM »

I have given up reading the tripe some people write at the end of these articles and also on Eurosport.  They are just pathetic.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #250 on: November 14, 2012, 11:56 AM »

Reading some of those comments,

Let's address some of those people who have concerns about why they think the other top 3 have better personalities than Andy Murray.

Andy looks miserable on the court:

Have they even seen Rafa play? he looks like he has just won the lottery and lost the ticket, Novak usually looks like he wishes he was somewhere other than where he is and seems to think his box can hear everything he says when he puts his hands on his hips and starts chatting to them when something goes wrong. Federer is just in his own little fantasy world, flicking his hair, playing with his strings, muttering to himself and all the time with an expression on his face that suggests Mirka asked for a divorce prior to the match.

In a nutshell, Andy cracks a smile just as many times as the others do, Andy has more facial expressions than the other 3 combined, in fact i find him a joy to watch.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #251 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58 AM »

I just ripped half of those idiots commenting negative stuff to shreads. No doubt I'll get thumbed down, **** it, I'll give them a finger up.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #252 on: November 14, 2012, 12:11 PM »

Reading some of those comments,

Let's address some of those people who have concerns about why they think the other top 3 have better personalities than Andy Murray.

Andy looks miserable on the court:

Have they even seen Rafa play? he looks like he has just won the lottery and lost the ticket, Novak usually looks like he wishes he was somewhere other than where he is and seems to think his box can hear everything he says when he puts his hands on his hips and starts chatting to them when something goes wrong. Federer is just in his own little fantasy world, flicking his hair, playing with his strings, muttering to himself and all the time with an expression on his face that suggests Mirka asked for a divorce prior to the match.

In a nutshell, Andy cracks a smile just as many times as the others do, Andy has more facial expressions than the other 3 combined, in fact i find him a joy to watch.
Good post The Gnome. Smile As Andy's said often before, how many people go about smiling all the time when they're working? Give me Andy's on-court personality any day of the week rather than Fed's sourpuss look when he's losing. I personally like players that show a bit of emotion on court, it's not a bad thing at all.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #253 on: November 14, 2012, 02:21 PM »

To be honest Eurosport's Tramlines articles often leave me infuriated, let alone the pathetic, narrow-minded fools who jump on every word about Andy. If I contribute to Eurosport I do it anonymously, so that I can't get in to personal slanging matches.

I've given a bit of thought to the SPOTY since Sunday. I still feel, as I did before Sunday, that Andy is right to stick to his training if that is what he thinks is right. The dedication to continuing to work, putting that ahead of an evening of back-slapping, is to Andy's credit, and so like him.

Before Sunday I would have said that Andy being there would make no difference to his chances of getting the award. Now, to be honest, I'm not sure I really care. I'd love to see him get it, don't get me wrong, but if people are stupid enough to boo and jeer him in his own country, they are stupid enough to not want him to win the SPOTY. The question is, does he really need the SPOTY? Well, he's won 24 titles in his career to date hasn't he? One of them is the Olympic gold medal, another is the US Open. He's worked his backside off, in the face of everything that has happened, losing four major finals etc, to keep putting himself in the position to come through, and he has. I feel sure that there is more to come, much more. With that in mind, I honestly don't think Andy needs the SPOTY. Maybe, if he doesn't get it this year, he will get it one day when the country he lives in decides to grow up and support him properly.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #254 on: November 14, 2012, 02:34 PM »

Not a snowballs chance! But after his fantastic 2012, do we really care? I don't. Just looking forward to 2013, when it comes.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »