Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 52432 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #300 on: November 26, 2012, 10:11 PM »

And there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. Is Bradley Wiggins idolised in Scotland out of interest?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #301 on: November 26, 2012, 10:18 PM »

And there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. Is Bradley Wiggins idolised in Scotland out of interest?

No and that's mainly because he's English.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #302 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Actually it not because he's English its because he's not Scottish.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #303 on: November 26, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Exactly. So why did you make it an issue that Andy Murray may not be idolised in England? It has to go both ways surely.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 November 26, 2012, 10:30 PM ] IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #304 on: November 26, 2012, 10:31 PM »

This is such a load of twaddle, there are so many who could (should) be in the chosen 12. For the ones that are there I will vote for either Andy, Chris Hoy or Jessica Ennis, haven't made up my mind yet but I do veer towards Andy because despite my advanced years he has done something that has only happened once before in my lifetime ie the grand slam victory and has added the Olympic gold. Jessica is not the first Brit in fairly recent years to win the Women's heptathalon gold and Chris has consolidated rather than broken new ground in 2012. It was a great year for sport so whoever does win it will be worthy, alas politics or narrow nationalism or unthinking prejudice will no doubt play a part in the final decision.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #305 on: November 26, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Actually I wouldn't say I was upset. Just realistic.
IP Logged
rocketassist

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #306 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46 PM »

Andy, Wiggo, Mo and Jess will be the top four. Hoy's already won it so he won't get so many votes I don't think.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #307 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46 PM »

Im not saying cleaning out the toilets is necessarily a sport. But it isn't hard to see how it could become one with a bit of planning. Its probably more of a sport than synchronised swimming.

O.K. so now you're just taking the p***!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #308 on: November 26, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Although I do think Murray deserves it, I think Wiggins may edge it.

I'm yet to be convinced that people in the rest of the UK love Murray like he is embraced in Scotland.

A final appearance at Wimbledon where he showed raw emotion in defeat, a gold and silver medal, and a grand slam win should really be more than enough to win affection, but there's still morons out there who can't forget 2006, when Murray was shafted by a tabloid newspaper.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #309 on: November 26, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Will we ever hear the end of this!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #310 on: November 26, 2012, 11:12 PM »

Will we ever hear the end of this!

Probably not!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #311 on: November 26, 2012, 11:17 PM »

Im not saying cleaning out the toilets is necessarily a sport. But it isn't hard to see how it could become one with a bit of planning. Its probably more of a sport than synchronised swimming.
You don't get awards by just going through the motions.  :p
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #312 on: November 27, 2012, 12:08 AM »

Thanks for the chuckle this Tuesday lunchtime Alex goodjob  There appears to to a lot of horsesh*t about everywhere at the moment.

Anyway, I'm surprised that I haven't read about the paralympians being in the shortlist and rightly so.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #313 on: November 27, 2012, 04:51 AM »

Hey Pinnochio  Liar.. your comments in this particular cubicle are p*sh and you are in danger of being flushed out. Put your wooden spoon away and start using the bog-brush, pal.
Although, on second thoughts, you deserve to be sent on a toothbrush bog-clean duty.Very Happy

IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #314 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27 AM »

If it is true that Andy has changed his mind and will NOT attend the ceremony, I don't think that decision will go down well, even if he is preparing for Australia.  The public will view that as a snub to the rest of his Olympic family.  "Andy can't be here this evening, he's training hard in Florida ...." - oh well, I won't bother to vote for him then, so says the general public.   I'm an old softie and love to see the winner up there on the stage in person, not via some video link.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »