Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 49843 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #405 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54 AM »

Hi All,

One more mistake in the article. It says Andy cried after losing the semi to Djokovic in Australia this year. He didn't. I was gutted, but Andy took it well, I suspect because he knew he'd played well. That was such a great match.

Great stuff from Djokovic in this though, I agree completely. Djokovic might do the chest beating thing from time to time, but since he lifted his game last year I think he has become really classy in his dealings with other players, especially Andy. I love the way they can compete so furiously and yet still be respectful when the job is done. That's one of the reasons why I love their rivalry. Federer could learn a thing or two from the pair of them.

Oh, one more mistake in the article. Andy didn't lose a set in the second round of the Olympics. It was the third round, to Baghdatis. In the second round he splattered Nieminen all over the Centre Court.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #406 on: December 10, 2012, 02:33 PM »

Nice words form Nole, I  remember each time I pass the signs for Dunblane on the M9 when Nole and his girlfriend text'd Andy a photo he took of the sign. Andy said what on earth are you doing up there??!! I think it was just before Wimbledon this year, or was it after? Anyway it showed that they are real friends.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #407 on: December 10, 2012, 04:02 PM »

I am sure Nole and Andy are good friends after all they have both come up together in tennis. This does not mean they are not playing there best game against each other. I think that goes for Rafa too they all want to win but they still remain friends.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #408 on: December 12, 2012, 12:01 AM »

No disrespect to the be-sideburned one, but I cannot take road cycling seriously after a decade (at least) of scandals, cheats, liars etc.

Absolutely correct. Even just having side-burns should be enough to disqualify him never mind the fact the whole of cycling has been tainted by systematic cheating.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #409 on: December 12, 2012, 12:42 AM »

It's a tough one this year.  So many worthy winners.  When you look back at the list of previous winners, this has to be one of the toughest years, when other years you wonder what they did to win.  confused

Exactly Bev.  Good posting!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #410 on: December 12, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Today's Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2012/dec/12/andy-murray-sports-personality-year-video
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #411 on: December 12, 2012, 02:48 PM »

Just read the Guardian story, SPOTY Murray. The comments were interesting most were for Andy. Only one or two trolls got in.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #412 on: December 12, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Here's another one:

Murray’s unique claim to be SPOTY: Solo, historic magnificence in a golden age
By Mark Hodgkinson

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/12/12/murrays-unique-claim-to-be-spoty-solo-historic-magnificence-in-a-golden-age-121201/

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #413 on: December 13, 2012, 02:11 AM »

Here's another one:

Murray’s unique claim to be SPOTY: Solo, historic magnificence in a golden age
By Mark Hodgkinson

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/12/12/murrays-unique-claim-to-be-spoty-solo-historic-magnificence-in-a-golden-age-121201/

From the above article.....

Yes, the crowd favoured Federer, but, according to executives at the tournament, that was because the Swiss tennis public had block-bought tickets months in advance. Ignore the noisy Swiss, provoke the Murray haters. Vote Murray.

--------------------------
Very interesting.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #414 on: December 13, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Great to see so such much support for Andy on the Guardian website.  I've added mine.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #415 on: December 13, 2012, 12:28 PM »

My friend at University gets to go to the ceremony. I'm extremely jealous!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #416 on: December 13, 2012, 02:04 PM »

My friend at University gets to go to the ceremony. I'm extremely jealous!

Me too!!
So damn lucky...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #417 on: December 13, 2012, 06:51 PM »

Have just checked the results of the Radio Times poll and Andy came pretty close 2nd behind Wiggins - 24.79% to 33.20%.    It does suggest to me that Andy could come 2nd if enough of his fans vote.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #418 on: December 13, 2012, 06:57 PM »

he could come first. have faith ruthie!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #419 on: December 13, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Does anyone know the number to ring to vote for Andy or has it not been given yet ?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »