Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 53315 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #630 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03 AM »

I just wish people could accept 3rd place is great for Andy considering he was 4th favourite to win and still is considered by many to have no personality...

You're so right Prodigy-I read something that said he did like,12 times better than he did last year or something like that.That's HUGE!While we would have loved him to win it outright,with the amount of strong competition that there was-and the stupid "anti-Murray" brigade-to come in top three is fantastic.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #631 on: December 17, 2012, 11:06 AM »

And I just don't buy the discrediting others achievements tbh, it sounds bitter to me and just looks like a poor excuse. I'm pretty sure there's Mo Farah fans who think Gold in 10000m and 5000m warrants placing in the top 3 but I don't see them saying the top 3 don't deserve to be there.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #632 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14 AM »

And I just don't buy the discrediting others achievements tbh, it sounds bitter to me and just looks like a poor excuse. I'm pretty sure there's Mo Farah fans who think Gold in 10000m and 5000m warrants placing in the top 3 but I don't see them saying the top 3 don't deserve to be there.

Realistically,as immense as Andy's achievements were,any single person out of the 12,had they won,would've been a worthy winner.It was just that kind of year.

As much as I wanted Andy to win,and as happy as I am that he took third,he had it right when he said all along that he didn't think there should be any singling people out for celebration this year,that it should've just been a celebration of what they as a whole achieved.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #633 on: December 17, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Got through no bother on the landline. So pleased for Andy he was third but he deserved to win, A Gold and silver at the olympics and a Grand Slam not bad for a years work. He will win next year folk.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #634 on: December 17, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Dani would you still like me to upload the show to Youtube'?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #635 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36 AM »

Poster Girl for the Olympics, a lot of weight and expectation on her shoulders after Beijing disappointment, lived up to the hype in her 7 events and won gold. inspired plenty of young girls to start athletics and has a beaming personality. She deserves to be 2nd place.

I just wish people could accept 3rd place is great for Andy considering he was 4th favourite to win and still is considered by many to have no personality...
I agree - there was a case for all three (plus Mo Farah) winning. It's so hard to compare different sports, but what they all achieved this summer was fantastic. I was really pleased when Andy won 3rd place - it shows how much people admire his achievements this year.

Though he'll always get comments about his supposed lack of personality - like this one from the Cambio de Terco restaurant twitter account - very unprofessional imo to post a comment like that from a restaurant account, especially as this restaurant is one that a lot of the tennis players use when they're in London:
@CambiodTerco: Could anyone be more boring than Andy Murray????????? #sportspersonalityoftheyear.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #636 on: December 17, 2012, 11:42 AM »

Oh the lack of personality comments I've come to accept now. I think even if Andy decided to become a stand up comedian, or showed up to every match in hilarious drag and joked around with the crowds, people would still say he has no personality.

Andy's video package is great though! It makes me tear up Smile.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #637 on: December 17, 2012, 11:42 AM »

Wow just listening over to the crowd ovation. They loved him!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #638 on: December 17, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Dani would you still like me to upload the show to Youtube'?

Oh,Prodigy,if you don't mind doing it that would be FANTASTIC.So far I've only found a clip of the last 4 minutes,and I'd really love to see the whole thing.Would it still be possible for you?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #639 on: December 17, 2012, 12:00 PM »

Though he'll always get comments about his supposed lack of personality - like this one from the Cambio de Terco restaurant twitter account - very unprofessional imo to post a comment like that from a restaurant account, especially as this restaurant is one that a lot of the tennis players use when they're in London:

I believe after he saw that tweet Kevin Mitchell posted (or retweeted or something) a comment about how that was one restaurant to avoid in future!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #640 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04 PM »

Oh,Prodigy,if you don't mind doing it that would be FANTASTIC.So far I've only found a clip of the last 4 minutes,and I'd really love to see the whole thing.Would it still be possible for you?

Yeah it should be just downloading now.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #641 on: December 17, 2012, 12:23 PM »

I agree - there was a case for all three (plus Mo Farah) winning. It's so hard to compare different sports, but what they all achieved this summer was fantastic. I was really pleased when Andy won 3rd place - it shows how much people admire his achievements this year.

It is difficult to compare sports but swap the person and get them to do the other's sport and I reckon Andy would have more chance of doing what Wiggins did than the other way round.    He certainly has the stamina and could learn what else is needed long before Wiggins could learn how to go 5 sets with Novak.   I thought Mo Farah would have done better and he smiles and he was there so Andy did well to get third when he wasn't even present and everyone says he never smiles!!!   
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #642 on: December 17, 2012, 12:30 PM »

It is difficult to compare sports but swap the person and get them to do the other's sport and I reckon Andy would have more chance of doing what Wiggins did than the other way round. 

That's a good point. Tennis is effort + skill + co-ordination, whereas cycling and most athletics events are effort alone.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #643 on: December 17, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Yeah it should be just downloading now.

Awesome,thanks so much!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #644 on: December 17, 2012, 12:34 PM »

It is difficult to compare sports but swap the person and get them to do the other's sport and I reckon Andy would have more chance of doing what Wiggins did than the other way round.    He certainly has the stamina and could learn what else is needed long before Wiggins could learn how to go 5 sets with Novak.   I thought Mo Farah would have done better and he smiles and he was there so Andy did well to get third when he wasn't even present and everyone says he never smiles!!!   

So true!Very well said!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »