Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 44667 times)
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #690 on: December 20, 2012, 06:37 PM »

found this while looking through news articles  about Andy:
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/19/tim-henman-andy-murray-can-rule-the-world-in-2013-3324247/
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #691 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04 PM »

Thanks for uploading this, Prod. TBH I fast-forwarded it to the end because I don't know much about Brit athletes anymore, and just wanted to see Andy get his award.
That was hilarious..the way Andy had to take the award off the table because Lennox Lewis was not on cue.lmao Too bad he didn't get a chance to say a few words tho'.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #692 on: August 18, 2013, 09:09 AM »

I thought Andy winning SPOTY 2013 was a done deal, but do you think that Mo's double gold in Moscow this week has now scuppered his chances?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #693 on: August 18, 2013, 09:18 AM »

It would be a shock  If he doesnt win it.   Mind you people will still bang on about how tennis is not an elite sport. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #694 on: August 18, 2013, 09:28 AM »

If Andy doesn't win eat I'll eat my hat. Done deal as far as I'm concerned.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #695 on: August 18, 2013, 09:28 AM »

Nope he's going to lose out again because of Mo's achievements, truly sickening.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #696 on: August 18, 2013, 10:01 AM »

He should win. Lets face it, winning wimbledon is mega for the Brits., but there are other big names up there too like Mo Farah and Chris Froome, however I dont think people will consider these wins as momumental as burying the Fred Perry ghost!

Andy must surely be in first place this year?
In which case I hope he's there to collect it in person and not on video.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #697 on: August 18, 2013, 10:14 AM »

He should win. Lets face it, winning wimbledon is mega for the Brits., but there are other big names up there too like Mo Farah and Chris Froome, however I dont think people will consider these wins as momumental as burying the Fred Perry ghost!

Andy must surely be in first place this year?
In which case I hope he's there to collect it in person and not on video.
If he's not there in person, is he modest or a fool?
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #698 on: August 18, 2013, 10:16 AM »

If Andy doesn't win SPOTY this year I will sign up immediately for 'Conspiracy Theorists Anonymous'!  The fact is, for a Brit to win Wimbledon is enormous - all the history etc etc. And for the nay-sayers who like to point out the word 'personality' in the title, suggesting Andy's lacking in that dept, we now have stuff like 'the man behind the raquet' and the Queens charity match to prove otherwise.
Andy's a certainty ! :-)
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #699 on: August 18, 2013, 10:23 AM »

Nope he's going to lose out again because of Mo's achievements, truly sickening.

Not convinced. Given his performance at the Olympics, it was surprising how unfavoured he was last year. I think the fact he has essentially decamped to the USA might have something to do with it, not to mention he hacked a lot of people off with his appearance fee for running part of a marathon.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #700 on: August 18, 2013, 10:26 AM »

If he's not there in person, is he modest or a fool?

No, I think he is a sportsman for whom his sport comes first, and media performances far, far down his priority list. Murray refuses to play the media game in that way.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #701 on: August 18, 2013, 10:30 AM »

I agree, Mo's chance was last year. Despite his continued success, his victories just aren't as iconic as winning Wimbledon. Same applies to Froome - a great achievement, no doubt, but maybe slightly 'diluted' by being the 2nd winner of TdF.
Get your house on Andy ! I know I have !! Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #702 on: August 18, 2013, 10:38 AM »

I think it's great we have an athlete like Mo Farah, but Andy deserves it more, so I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't get it this time!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #703 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43 AM »

Froome will not even finish in the top 3 sadly. Shame Team Sky held him back last year if I am an honest, I think Wiggins is a better time trialer but overall Froome is the better cyclist. Then again he does not have a bold personality like wiggo so even if he had won the tdf last year, Ennis probs woulda won the SP award.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #704 on: August 18, 2013, 11:03 AM »

Froome will not even finish in the top 3 sadly. Shame Team Sky held him back last year if I am an honest, I think Wiggins is a better time trialer but overall Froome is the better cyclist. Then again he does not have a bold personality like wiggo so even if he had won the tdf last year, Ennis probs woulda won the SP award.

I am not a great fan of Bradley W - his spoilt brat behaviour when he realised if he took part in this years TDF he would have to play second fiddle to Froome did not show him in a good light.

I know we often disagree, so you will just have to put some of my attitudes about the behaviour of the likes of BW, Nadal, Raonic, And Janowicz down to age.  I think it's a middle aged/retired teacher woman thing....!!! You have no idea how many of the current crop of politicians I also want to give a damn good hiding to.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »