Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 49741 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #705 on: August 18, 2013, 11:11 AM »

I am not a great fan of Bradley W - his spoilt brat behaviour when he realised if he took part in this years TDF he would have to play second fiddle to Froome did not show him in a good light.

I know we often disagree, so you will just have to put some of my attitudes about the behaviour of the likes of BW, Nadal, Raonic, And Janowicz down to age.  I think it's a middle aged/retired teacher woman thing....!!! You have no idea how many of the current crop of politicians I also want to give a damn good hiding to.
I think everyone would like to give the politicians a good hiding!
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #706 on: August 18, 2013, 11:13 AM »

^yup !
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #707 on: August 18, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Of course Andy will win this, it's not even open to debate, 1st Wimbledon men's champ for 77 years? come on it's no contest.
[ Last edit by The Gnome August 18, 2013, 11:23 AM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #708 on: August 18, 2013, 11:19 AM »

Andy doesn't need to be there in person to collect his SPOTY. I think people finally grasp now that what Andy wants to do is win grand slams. He's not interested in schmoozing. I actually think people are starting to understand that and admire it about him. People will understand it, at least those with a brain, if they are told he's training in Miami.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #709 on: August 18, 2013, 11:20 AM »

Of course Andy will win this, it's not even open to debate, 1st Wimbledon men's champ for 76 years? come on it's no contest.

77 my dear Gnome, 77 Smile.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #710 on: August 18, 2013, 11:24 AM »

77 my dear Gnome, 77 Smile.

Phew thanks, ammended now Very Happy
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #711 on: August 18, 2013, 11:28 AM »

Success at the O2 could cement it for Andy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #712 on: August 18, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Phew thanks, ammended now Very Happy

Jolly good Wink
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #713 on: August 18, 2013, 11:37 AM »

Success at the O2 could cement it for Andy.

I'm not sure it would any difference. The WTF is considered important for those within the game and by those of us who follow it, but I'm not convinced the wider public takes that much notice of it to be honest.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #714 on: August 18, 2013, 11:47 AM »

If Andy doesn't win SPOTY, I will eat one of my own buttocks ! - with some fava beans and a nice Chianti..... fthfthfth....Very Happy
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #715 on: August 18, 2013, 11:50 AM »

Not convinced. Given his performance at the Olympics, it was surprising how unfavoured he was last year. I think the fact he has essentially decamped to the USA might have something to do with it, not to mention he hacked a lot of people off with his appearance fee for running part of a marathon.

Masaka, do we actually agree on EVERYTHING? The half-running of the London Marathon was a disgusting and disrespectful stunt. I went right off him. The shine also came off Wiggins for me when he threw his toys out of the pram over playing second fiddle to Froome. Injury, my arse. Look at the work Froome put in for Wiggins when he won it last year. Arrogant man.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #716 on: August 18, 2013, 11:53 AM »

Perhaps he could announce his marriage to Kim and that Maggie-May and Rusty are expecting puppies and win the aaahhh factor<vbg>
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #717 on: August 18, 2013, 01:18 PM »

I think Andy has a very good chance of winning this year, but I fear he'll come second to Mo Farrar unless he wins the US again and then he'd be a dead cert
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #718 on: August 18, 2013, 01:20 PM »

I've just checked the odds at the online bookies.  Best price you can get for Andy is 28-1 ON!

It's simply no contest as far as the bookies are concerned.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #719 on: August 18, 2013, 01:30 PM »

I do hope he will win but I am not to sure of late. We will have to wait and see. I suspect that many people will vote for Farrar just a feeling I think the odds are stacked against Andy even with all the good things he has done this year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »