Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 46709 times)
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #735 on: August 19, 2013, 04:03 PM »

I don't think Andy needs to win the WTF to get votes, but not winning may be held against him by those lobbying against him.  People who don't follow tennis closely seem to think that you are doing something wrong if you don't win every tournament going.

I agree. But winning the WTF would not do him any harm as it is very close to (only a few weeks) from SPOTY, so fresh in peoples minds.

I dont get it either, why should the top tennis players be expected to win everything the enter. Look at the top golf players eg. Justin Rose won the USO but did not make the cut for the British Open at Muirfield, or the last slam even the PGA. I did not hear anyone slag him off as a no hoper!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #736 on: August 19, 2013, 06:05 PM »

He bloody better win it this year  ranting
I agree , it's a fix if he dos'nt   Whistle will he be Miami training like last year, they won't like that ??? I wonder when he will get his OBE , perhaps he should wait until the new year and pick up his knighthood at the same time  Whistle
[ Last edit by deb August 19, 2013, 06:30 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #737 on: August 19, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Hes got a few things waiting for him back here debs, if he can fit it into his busy schedule. Stirling council are eager to celebrate giving him the freedom of the city. Also there was talk of throwing a party for him at stirling castle to celebrate his wimbledon win. And an open top bus tour of dunblane with the trophy.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #738 on: August 20, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Hes got a few things waiting for him back here debs, if he can fit it into his busy schedule. Stirling council are eager to celebrate giving him the freedom of the city. Also there was talk of throwing a party for him at stirling castle to celebrate his wimbledon win. And an open top bus tour of dunblane with the trophy.
wow that would be amazing for him, hope he can get back, would be wonderful for him to know how proud everyone is.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #739 on: August 20, 2013, 10:09 AM »

Braveheart's castle eh........so fitting!  wub
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #740 on: August 20, 2013, 10:33 AM »

I agree , it's a fix if he dos'nt   Whistle will he be Miami training like last year, they won't like that ??? I wonder when he will get his OBE , perhaps he should wait until the new year and pick up his knighthood at the same time  Whistle
Perhaps friend Sue Barker will bend his ear.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #741 on: August 20, 2013, 12:37 PM »

Yes that is one good thing that has come from Andy winning US Open and Wimbledon is his relationship with the TV commentators. He has gone up in their estimation 100% and not before time. They can now see how great a sportsman Andy truly is,  and not before time. hug
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #742 on: August 20, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Yes that is one good thing that has come from Andy winning US Open and Wimbledon is his relationship with the TV commentators. He has gone up in their estimation 100% and not before time. They can now see how great a sportsman Andy truly is,  and not before time. hug

Sue Barker knows that, she said it was the greatest day of her reporting life, when Andy won Wimbledon.

John Lloyd still harbours a grudge with Andy dating back to his days as Captain of the Davis Cup Team. In Wimbledon Finals day in the studio after the men’s final he begrudgingly agreed with Sue on Andy's efforts and tried to look for the negatives of Andy's win. When no one else could see any.

Andrew Castle has finally come round to ‘sucking up’ to Andy which amuses me no end after years of trying to find fault with Andy’s game.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #743 on: August 20, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Perhaps friend Sue Barker will bend his ear.
Good idea , hope so .
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #744 on: August 20, 2013, 06:26 PM »

If she hadn't been won over already, Sue B clearly was by spending time with Andy for the documentary.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #745 on: August 20, 2013, 06:32 PM »

If she hadn't been won over already, Sue B clearly was by spending time with Andy for the documentary.
I think she was, as well.  I really like Sue - she's professional, but also has the ability to be human and make people feel at ease. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #746 on: August 21, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I don't even think there's a question mark here - or our alleged 'Politicians' will look like a pair of numpties. 
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #747 on: August 22, 2013, 04:13 PM »

If Andy grows some '70s retro sideburns and wears a T-shirt showing an affiliation to music in the UK ...and pretends he now has an accent from Surrey ...he's got a good chance.  nervous nailbiting tho  ....  :p
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #748 on: August 22, 2013, 04:24 PM »

I think she was, as well.  I really like Sue - she's professional, but also has the ability to be human and make people feel at ease. 
I agree absolutely Elly.......she's lovely!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #749 on: August 22, 2013, 06:53 PM »

It'll be farcical if he doesn't win it after winning Wimbledon, given Greg freakin' Rusedski won it for making the final of a single slam.

Not much competition either really. Rose and Froome only ones of note and Murray's achievement far outweights theirs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »