Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 46341 times)
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #780 on: August 26, 2013, 07:58 AM »

For those with remaining doubts about Andy's chances of winning SPOTY : Here's why he's a shoe-in Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23220747
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #781 on: August 26, 2013, 08:05 AM »

For those with remaining doubts about Andy's chances of winning SPOTY : Here's why he's a shoe-in Very Happy

yes too right sid.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #782 on: August 26, 2013, 10:35 AM »

omg Sid you know how to get the tears flowing again 
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #783 on: August 26, 2013, 11:33 AM »

^ yep !

That was my pre-work 'inspirational video' Never gonna get fed up watching it ! Very Happy
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #784 on: August 26, 2013, 01:42 PM »

I might tire of watching this clip.....  maybe sometime in the next century or two.

The most outstanding sporting moment of my entire lifetime.  Bar none.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #785 on: August 26, 2013, 02:11 PM »

^DItto ! :-)
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #786 on: August 26, 2013, 02:23 PM »

Funny you should say that as its just been voted greatest sporting moment of all time in a national lottery poll Wink
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #787 on: August 26, 2013, 08:22 PM »

The clip starts with Andy serving at his fourth, and successful match point.

For me, the point before at deuce, to get to the MP, just sums Andy up.  Djokovic has him all over the place, out wide to the right, then even wider to the left.  

Does he give in?  Does he hell, he runs, and scrambles, from side to side, throwing up a weakish lob - all he could do to keep the point alive - to hand Novak what should have been an easy smash.  The smash was just too careful, and Andy, with his lightning reactions, manages to return it.  Djoko plays a lovely drop shop, with Andy seemingly completely out of the picture.  Will Andy be defeated?  Oh no he won't!

Andy tears up the turf like a gazelle, getting enough control to whip a forehand down the line, passing the despairing Serb at the net.  It's match point number four, and somehow I knew it was going to be alright.  I started breathing again, having stopped, I'm sure after the third MP went begging, to bring up the first Deuce.

Utterly brilliant, sublime tennis.

They could have written the song, just for Andy.

"O Flower of Scotland, when will we see your like again?"

Sports Personality of the Year?  Of the century more like!
[ Last edit by mickeypops August 26, 2013, 08:26 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #788 on: August 26, 2013, 09:13 PM »

The clip starts with Andy serving at his fourth, and successful match point.

For me, the point before at deuce, to get to the MP, just sums Andy up.  Djokovic has him all over the place, out wide to the right, then even wider to the left. 

Does he give in?  Does he hell, he runs, and scrambles, from side to side, throwing up a weakish lob - all he could do to keep the point alive - to hand Novak what should have been an easy smash.  The smash was just too careful, and Andy, with his lightning reactions, manages to return it.  Djoko plays a lovely drop shop, with Andy seemingly completely out of the picture.  Will Andy be defeated?  Oh no he won't!

Andy tears up the turf like a gazelle, getting enough control to whip a forehand down the line, passing the despairing Serb at the net.  It's match point number four, and somehow I knew it was going to be alright.  I started breathing again, having stopped, I'm sure after the third MP went begging, to bring up the first Deuce.

Utterly brilliant, sublime tennis.

They could have written the song, just for Andy.

"O Flower of Scotland, when will we see your like again?"

Sports Personality of the Year?  Of the century more like!

Awesome post! You are going to make me cry now!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #789 on: August 26, 2013, 09:58 PM »

mp @8.22pm: you should have been a tennis commentator  yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #790 on: August 26, 2013, 10:00 PM »

if muzza is not the sports personality of the year I will wear an RF hat whenever I play tennis.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #791 on: August 26, 2013, 10:28 PM »

Awesome post! You are going to make me cry now!

Still can't watch this without getting all teary eyed. And I love it!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #792 on: August 26, 2013, 10:29 PM »

if muzza is not the sports personality of the year I will wear an RF hat whenever I play tennis.

Don't you dare! It's bad enough I've gone and committed myself to snogging the bloke without advertising the man as well Wink.

IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #793 on: August 26, 2013, 10:34 PM »

Andy better win incase you snog the wrong man in an RF hat  :p
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #794 on: August 26, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Andy better win incase you snog the wrong man in an RF hat  :p

Steady on, I don't feel well as things are! Smile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »