MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 114 Reply

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

For ***** sake. Always something to take it away from Andy.

As much as a love Sir Alex, just no.

His career warrants a lifetime award. DO NOT nominate him for the shortlist BBC you mugs.

Bev's article was from May - while Britain was still waiting.....
IP Logged

Andy is 33-1 ON to win
Next is Froome at 14-1
Farah is 16-1

IP Logged

Ferguson will surely be given a lifetime award and I'll be voting for Andy plus drumming up family and friends to do the same but tennis can't compete in popularity with football I get heartily sick of footbal lespecially now they seem to play right through the Summer as well
IP Logged

OUTGOING Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been installed as the front-runner to be named BBC Sports Personality of the Year for 2013.

Bookmaker William Hill yesterday had Sir Alex as the 6/4 favourite for the award following the news that he is retiring after 27 years in charge at the Premiership club.

Other famous names in contention for the prize include tennis ace Andy Murray (2/1), cyclist Chris Froome (7/1) and cricketer Alastair Cook (8/1).

This was from the Yorkshire Evening post in May.

A MWer lives in Leeds and I can't remember who it is old  Tickets don't look to be available yet - must keep an eye out for those!!!
Is this a ******* joke?
IP Logged

Is this a ******* joke?

Which part Fergie or Leeds? lol
IP Logged

Is this a ******* joke?

Erm, ...sorry to repeat myself, but this was "from the Yorkshire Evening Post in May"

Before Wimbledon.

IP Logged

Very Happy

Current odds, from William Hill

Coral currently have Andy on odds of 4/7 to be knighted.

* Current William Hill odds.JPG (67.49 KB, 805x359 - viewed 72 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc September 11, 2013, 01:50 AM ] IP Logged

Erm, ...sorry to repeat myself, but this was "from the Yorkshire Evening Post in May"

Before Wimbledon.

Not my point.
IP Logged

As some of us seem to be missing it - could you make it? Please.
IP Logged

As some of us seem to be missing it - could you make it? Please.
  ^^Glad I'm not the only one who's confused.
IP Logged

as a big fan of Andy I'm sure Fergie himself would prefer a lifetime achievement award rather than pinch the award which really should be Andy's due this year
IP Logged

My dad and I might be going to the ceremony this year as it is in Leeds, I am the official MW representative it would seem then.
IP Logged

My dad and I might be going to the ceremony this year as it is in Leeds, I am the official MW representative it would seem then.
   blink
IP Logged

blink

Don't be cheeky you Wink
IP Logged
dex

I see Sue Barker has quit SPOTY as a host. She still has a vote for the SPOTY short list though and we know who she will vote for. Gary Lineker will remain, Sue is replaced by Clare Balding and Gabby Logan. Gary is an Andy fan I've seen his tweets during Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 114 Reply