Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?  (Read 40117 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #855 on: September 18, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Claire is also a fan.  I remember during the coverage of the Paralympics, she broke off from what she was supposed to be talking about to give an update on how Andy was getting on at the US Open, and that she thought "this was his time", or something prophetic. lol

Gabby on the other hand, I'm sure called Andy boring.  Not the nastiest thing said of him, but I remember thinking it was unnecessary, and also not particularly original.  She's one of those presenters - perfectly competent, but it often feels a bit fake, and you wouldn't trust her without an auto-cue.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #856 on: September 28, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Wondered if Ainslie might become a contender.
Good to see support for Andy so far in this Telegraph poll: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sports-personality-of-the-year/10341547/Who-should-win-BBC-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-Andy-Murray-or-Sir-Ben-Ainslie.html
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #857 on: September 28, 2013, 05:26 PM »

^ Wow......he's well ahead and I've added my vote too! Thanks Matchpoint!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #858 on: September 28, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Yeah me too. Andy currently on 75 and Ben on 21. No disrespect but Andy is winning this year!! End of!! Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #859 on: September 28, 2013, 05:56 PM »

^ Absolutely!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #860 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03 PM »

Just done my duty - it's now 128 - 38!
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #861 on: September 28, 2013, 08:14 PM »

That has to be the silliest poll Ive seen yet. The Americas Cup is a 2 horse race for a start. And its a team event. To suggest Ben Ainslie single-handedly won the Americas Cup, as that poll does, is beyond daft.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #862 on: September 28, 2013, 09:05 PM »

Just done my duty - it's now 128 - 38!
207 - 53 now. yay
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #863 on: September 28, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Just did my bit.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #864 on: September 28, 2013, 09:18 PM »

Just did my bit.
me too, Andy way out in front, to bloody right!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #865 on: September 28, 2013, 09:38 PM »

That has to be the silliest poll Ive seen yet. The Americas Cup is a 2 horse race for a start. And its a team event. To suggest Ben Ainslie single-handedly won the Americas Cup, as that poll does, is beyond daft.
I agree.  It's one thing to inspire and motivate others, and another to inspire and motivate yourself and do all the hard work as well, when out there completely alone on a tennis court facing the world #1 player in a Wimbledon final - not that I think Andy needed any motivation.  However I'm not arguing with the results!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #866 on: September 28, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Agreed
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #867 on: September 28, 2013, 09:50 PM »

me too, Andy way out in front, to bloody right!!!

Steady on, Deb. Very Happy

Good to see you excited. hug
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #868 on: September 28, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Voted.
Now andy 249. Anslee. 53
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #869 on: September 28, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Silly poll? I've just voted loads of times.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »