Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 53753 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #945 on: November 01, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Andy might be there.....he said he hasn't made his mind up yet.
  I think its highly likely he will be there. Its a huge story.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #946 on: November 01, 2013, 05:09 PM »

Slightly off topic, but I see Andy didn't win the Scottish Fashion Icon of the Year Award. He must be gutted!

Aberdeenshire raised Emeli Sandé received the ‘Scottish Fashion Icon’ award. This was the only award of the night that was voted for by the general public where Emeli beat off stiff competition from the global fan bases of Andy Murray and Amy MacDonald.
http://www.scottishfashionawards.com/scottish_fashion_awards_2013_winners_announced.php
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #947 on: November 01, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Slightly off topic, but I see Andy didn't win the Scottish Fashion Icon of the Year Award. He must be gutted!

Aberdeenshire raised Emeli Sandé received the ‘Scottish Fashion Icon’ award. This was the only award of the night that was voted for by the general public where Emeli beat off stiff competition from the global fan bases of Andy Murray and Amy MacDonald.
http://www.scottishfashionawards.com/scottish_fashion_awards_2013_winners_announced.php

Emeli is amazing, a deserving winner.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #948 on: November 25, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Herald Scotland

Andy Murray favourite to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year
Published on 25 November 2013

Andy Murray is set to start as one of the shortest price favourites in history when the 10-strong shortlist for the 2013 BBC Sports Personality of the Year is announced on Tuesday.

This year's Wimbledon champion is a virtual certainty to claim the award, having finished in third place last year behind winner Sir Bradley Wiggins and Jessica Ennis.

The shortlist will be selected by a panel of experts with viewers voting for their winner on the night of the show, which will take place on December 15 at the First Direct Arena in Leeds.

Other likely contenders include jockey Tony McCoy, the 2010 winner, who rode his 4,000th career winner this month, and Mo Farah, who won double athletics gold at the World Championships in Moscow.

Tour de France winner Chris Froome and US Open champion Justin Rose are expected to make the cut, while Gareth Bale's dazzling performances for Tottenham - not to mention his world record transfer - make him football's leading contender.

James Anderson's 22-wicket haul in the first 2013 Ashes series could win him the cricket vote, and Ronnie O'Sullivan may earn a place on the list after his snooker comeback culminated in his fifth world title in May.

The BBC will be particularly keen to avoid the controversy which surrounded 2011's all-male shortlist, with Christine Ohuruogu likely to be included after winning the 400 metres world title in Moscow.

At least one of cycling world champions Becky James and Laura Trott could find themselves on the list, as could Non Stanford, who was crowned world triathlon champion in London.

There could also be a challenge from the nation's winter sports contingent, with Eve Muirhead leading Scotland to the world curling title and Shelley Rudman claiming the skeleton crown.

If successful, Murray will be the fourth tennis player to win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, and the first since Greg Rusedski beat Tim Henman to the title in 1997.

The shortlist of contenders will be officially unveiled during the One Show on Tuesday.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #949 on: November 25, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Thanks so much for your post Angiebabez. I've been trying to find out  when SPOTIFY would start If we and our friends etc vote for him Andy would have a great chance Winning this this award would help his recovery like nothing else could
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #950 on: November 25, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Thanks so much for your post Angiebabez. I've been trying to find out  when SPOTIFY would start If we and our friends etc vote for him Andy would have a great chance Winning this this award would help his recovery like nothing else could

No probs! My phone will certainly be red hot that night Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #951 on: November 25, 2013, 06:11 PM »

Phone bill clown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #952 on: November 25, 2013, 09:33 PM »

I really wish newspapers would stop producing headlines like that but I suppose they have to in order to catch the reader's eye.  What they go on to actually say is that 'Andy Murray is set to start as one of the shortest price favourites in history ...' which is much nearer the truth.  Despite all the publicity surrounding his historic Wimbledon win, I still don't see him as being a shoe-in for winning this award and have a feeling that Mo Farah, who has long been a popular figure, could just pip him to it.  Hope I'm proved wrong though. Smile

No probs! My phone will certainly be red hot that night Smile
Provided we can get through!  It was impossible last year, but there really were a lot more high profile contenders than this year thanks to the Olympics.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #953 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34 PM »

There's really no reason to vote more than twice.

But more fool you if you want to run up a high phone bill on an award that lacks credibility anyway.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #954 on: November 25, 2013, 09:44 PM »

I managed to get thru a few times last year - it wasn't v dear.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #955 on: November 25, 2013, 09:48 PM »

I got through twice, no problems with lines either.
I think Aileen was referring to 2011
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #956 on: November 25, 2013, 09:56 PM »

Oh well, I certainly intend to only vote once and won't be wasting any energy on that either if I can't get through after three attempts.

I used to enjoy watching SPOTY but it's become so glitzy now that it's more suited as award for show-biz personalities who do bugger all compared to the hard work, dedication and sacrifice made by sportsmen and women.  Quite frankly I won't be surprised if Andy opts to give it a miss.  If people really want him to win it then they'll vote for him regardless of whether he turns up or not.

I also think the word 'Personality' is a misnomer - but then I seem to recall having this argument on here last year!

I got through twice, no problems with lines either.
I think Aileen was referring to 2011
I wasn't because I can't even remember that SPOTY ... although was that the year the whole system fouled up? Think
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #957 on: November 26, 2013, 06:40 AM »

There's really no reason to vote more than twice.

But more fool you if you want to run up a high phone bill on an award that lacks credibility anyway.

What's it to do with you? Its our money we can do what we bloody well like with it.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #958 on: November 26, 2013, 09:32 AM »

Recently for this type of viewers participation even Auntie BBC has learnt that it is a good idea to vote
 on line.  Believe me its  still a prestigious award in the UK
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #959 on: November 26, 2013, 09:42 AM »

I would like to see some recognition for Justin Rose in this years SPOTY. I was very impressed with his interview during Wimbledon.  He struck me as being a very level headed down to earth young man just like our Andy, no big ego like some of these football players. His win at the US Open should not go unrecognised.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »