Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 54302 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #990 on: November 26, 2013, 07:26 PM »

Nice drawing!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #991 on: November 26, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Ben Ainslie, Ian Bell, Hannah Cockcroft, No Farah, Chris Froome, Leigh Halfpenny, A P McCoy, Mr M, Christine Ohuruogu, Justin Rose.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #992 on: November 26, 2013, 07:34 PM »

And the winner is.... Multislamray
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #993 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02 PM »

BBC Scotland actually have very few programs made in Scotland. We pay our licence fees like the rest of UK.The majority are made in London, when employees of the BBC were asked to transfer to Manchester and Glasgow they refused. They were to be given a large sum of money for expenses but no they were not happy with that. It just shows people in the rest of UK that the BBC is to London centered that will have to change.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #994 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03 PM »

Manchester is a more convenient location than London.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #995 on: November 26, 2013, 08:07 PM »

???  BBC Scotland not showing One Show in order to talk about Mr S and his white paper. Bad timing for those who don't have any other choice.
[/qu
1908: SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
Here are the five contenders revealed so far on The One Show in a bit more detail:

Ben Ainslie: Ainslie was widely credited with turning around Team USA's fortunes in the America's Cup having been brought in as tactician with the hosts coming from behind to win the last eight races and pull off a remarkable come-from-behind victory.

Ian Bell: The Warwickshire batsman contributed significantly to a summer of Ashes success with three centuries and his series-leading 562 runs - scored at an average of 62.44 - was 144 better than his nearest rival.

Hannah Cockroft: Having been awarded an MBE in the New Year Honours, Cockroft retained both her T34 100 metres and T34 200 metres titles at the IPC Athletics World Championships in Lyon and won the T33/T34 100 metres race at the Anniversary Games at the Olympic Stadium with a stadium record time of 17.80 seconds.

Mo Farah: Farah continued where he left off in 2012 by winning both 5,000m and 10,000m world titles in Moscow, as well as breaking Steve Cram's 28-year-old British 1,500m record in Monaco in July.

Chris Froome: May lack the broader public profile afforded his Great Britain team-mate Sir Bradley Wiggins but proved equally adept on two wheels by succeeding Wiggins as winner of the Tour de France.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/25099870

1926: BBC SPORTS PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
And there we have it, the five remaining nominees are:

Rugby union player Leigh Halfpenny, jockey AP McCoy, tennis player Andy Murray, athlete Christine Ohuruogu and golfer Justin Rose.

Thanks WW.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #996 on: November 26, 2013, 09:36 PM »

The Telegraph has already got its own poll up and running. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sports-personality-of-the-year/10476288/Poll-Andy-Murray-is-favourite-to-be-named-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-but-who-gets-your-vote.html

Surely Andy must win - my fingers are crossed for him. It's just we know how the media love to knock down those who achieve success; and there are those amongst the envious, the ignorant and the hard of understanding who love to join in.....
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #997 on: November 26, 2013, 09:56 PM »

Andy has 45% of the votes in this poll with the next highest being Leigh halfpenny with just 16%
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #998 on: November 26, 2013, 10:02 PM »

Angie
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #999 on: November 27, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Ben Ainslie, Ian Bell, Hannah Cockcroft, No Farah, Chris Froome, Leigh Halfpenny, A P McCoy, Mr M, Christine Ohuruogu, Justin Rose.
Nearly hit the roof just now because at first glance I didn't think Andy was on the list - until I noticed 'Mr M'!  doh

The Telegraph has already got its own poll up and running. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sports-personality-of-the-year/10476288/Poll-Andy-Murray-is-favourite-to-be-named-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-but-who-gets-your-vote.html

Surely Andy must win - my fingers are crossed for him. It's just we know how the media love to knock down those who achieve success; and there are those amongst the envious, the ignorant and the hard of understanding who love to join in.....
Very true, unfortunately. 

Anyway Andy now has 402 votes against Halfpenny's 119. Smile   I must admit though that I don't even know who McCoy and Cockroft are!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1000 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11 AM »

Can someone pretty-please proxy vote(s) on my behalf?

Yerabeaut/Merci beaucoup x
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1001 on: November 27, 2013, 08:03 AM »

Anyway Andy now has 402 votes against Halfpenny's 119. Smile   I must admit though that I don't even know who McCoy and Cockroft are!

You would recognise Cockroft if you saw her.  She was one of the big winners in the Paralympics last year, and had a lot of success again at this year's Paralympic World Championships.  Mccoy is a jockey who won is 4000th race.  He also won the award in 2010.  Very popular with racing fans, but IMO they seem to be rewarding him for success over the years rather than this year.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1002 on: November 27, 2013, 08:15 AM »

Can someone pretty-please proxy vote(s) on my behalf?

Yerabeaut/Merci beaucoup x

I will do it for you Linda Smile
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1003 on: November 27, 2013, 09:36 AM »

McCoy would have been up there as a favorite had he not already won SPOTY in 2011. I cannot see him win it again so soon, as long as the public are aware that he won before.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1004 on: November 27, 2013, 09:49 AM »

Thanks MP......I've just added my vote, bringing Andy up to 616 and 50% of the vote!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »