Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 114 Go Down Reply
Author

Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year?

(Read 47307 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1005 on: November 27, 2013, 10:17 AM »

I will do it for you Linda Smile

Reply on Facebook ffs.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1006 on: November 27, 2013, 10:37 AM »

It seems the media have well and truly backed Andy to win the SPOTY. Good to know they've finally caught up with some of us Whistle.

I was watching Sky News earlier on. That wittering fool Eamonn Holmes was going on about McCoy and how he should win it, but Holmes knows zilch about tennis and less about Andy, so you just need to put that down to where it comes from. I can see that what McCoy has done is an achievement, but the fact is that we've had successful jockeys for years, to one degree or another. It's taken us 70-odd years to get us a slam winner and just as long to get a Wimbledon winner again, so to my mind it's just no contest.

I vote they just present the thing to Andy now and save anyone the wait to find out Smile.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1007 on: November 27, 2013, 10:40 AM »

It seems the media have well and truly backed Andy to win the SPOTY. Good to know they've finally caught up with some of us Whistle.

I was watching Sky News earlier on. That wittering fool Eamonn Holmes was going on about McCoy and how he should win it, but Holmes knows zilch about tennis and less about Andy, so you just need to put that down to where it comes from. I can see that what McCoy has done is an achievement, but the fact is that we've had successful jockeys for years, to one degree or another. It's taken us 70-odd years to get us a slam winner and just as long to get a Wimbledon winner again, so to my mind it's just no contest.

I vote they just present the thing to Andy now and save anyone the wait to find out Smile.
  I expect theyre now trying to talk up the competition to make it more interesting.Personally i couldn't care.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1008 on: November 27, 2013, 10:48 AM »

Holmes is a legend.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1009 on: November 27, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Eammon Holmes is a class A tit.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1010 on: November 27, 2013, 11:50 AM »

argument

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1011 on: November 27, 2013, 01:16 PM »

This competition is such a farce. 
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1012 on: November 27, 2013, 01:21 PM »

This competition is such a farce. 

Let's hope its not As a resume of sporting events over the year I find it makes a pleasant change from that awful "Strictly Come Dancing" programme which we have to suffer for weeks and weeks before Christmas
 The publicity will be good for Andy as hopefully he resumes his career in January
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1013 on: November 27, 2013, 01:38 PM »

ughhh every year people go on about like the know every bloody sportsman/woman on this planet.    People don't even know the meaning of the competition. 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1014 on: November 27, 2013, 03:11 PM »

Im thinking now andy will definitely be putting in an appearance at this! The dream cup being cancelled giving him a few more days training in Miami would maybe have swayed it. I'm banking on him being there this year.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1015 on: November 27, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Despite all the support at Wimbledon from the public there is still paranoia on this forum that Andy is still hated. He came third in a Olympic year for goodness sake.  doh
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1016 on: November 27, 2013, 04:01 PM »

Despite all the support at Wimbledon from the public there is still paranoia on this forum that Andy is still hated. He came third in a Olympic year for goodness sake.  doh

He is, which is disgusting. I was just reading a few comments in some of the SPOTY articles and they are so negative towards Andy. Frown
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1017 on: November 27, 2013, 04:25 PM »

He is, which is disgusting. I was just reading a few comments in some of the SPOTY articles and they are so negative towards Andy. Frown

You know, I honestly don't think he is hated, not anymore, and not by anyone with a brain.

I think most of us know the sort of comments you mean. They come from the hard of thinking minority, who would find someone else to pick on if Andy wasn't in the public eye. I don't think they particularly have an anti-Murray agenda as such now, they just think it makes them look clever, but I really do believe they are just a loud minority. The problem is they like to get reactions from people, and they do, so they have a go all the more.

Generally I think the wider public has a much more positive attitude towards Andy now and I think him winning Wimbledon has cemented that.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1018 on: November 27, 2013, 04:42 PM »

Haters are always gonna hate they dont care who its directed at they just want to vent. Its not just andy that gets it. We just notices andys because we are reading articles on him and the comments are there......but these days they are very much in minority.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Will Andy be BBC Sports Personality this Year? « Reply #1019 on: November 27, 2013, 04:44 PM »

one things for sure Andy MOST definitely  won't be there at SPOTY.  He has better things to do.   Smile         Hopefully if Andy DOES win it then surely they will present it to him in a better fashion.      Last year was a SHAMBLES.   TBQH.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 ... 114 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »